Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Would depend on a lot of factors - sm

Posted: Nov 5th, 2015 - 4:16 pm In Reply to: Do any of you make $30,000+ a year working for a MTSO editing SR? - NewToEditing

You will eventually get your speed up with practice. Being able to scan a report for errors while listening to audio takes a different skill set than typing, and it takes a little time...a bit like learning to speed read but without missing anything. But if you have a ton of ESLs or a majority of VR that requires a lot of editing, and if your pay for VR is significantly less than for straight typing, you will lose money on the VR. For me, it is the pay cut for VR that keeps me closer to $18k a year. That combined with just enough difficult dictators that I cannot sustain a line count over 250/hr for any length of time. But these factors will vary between companies and accounts, so your answer to this question will be based on a lot of different variables.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)