Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Something else that might help - Old Pro

Posted: Oct 26th, 2015 - 11:42 pm In Reply to: What is helping me right now is I see the light--sm - anon

I will chime in here, even though I only work kinda sorta part-time for a friend now. Retirement has been a big adjustment for me, more so than I thought it would be, and I have dealt with depression from time to time. One thing that has really helped me (go ahead and laugh if you want to) is coloring! You know, with colored pencils and coloring books. They make wonderful coloring books on all subjects for adults. Just put the word "coloring books for adults" in on Amazon. I have learned to color mandalas and it is so relaxing. One of my friends teased me and asked me if I were six years old, but until you have tried coloring, don't knock it! :) It is relaxing, fun, cheap, and you can create some fun things. I like it for its therapeutic value. It has really helped me, and I am grateful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)