Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. (Views: 33)

The SR program itself...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Oct 19th, 2015 - 8:23 am In Reply to: Editing help/tips/guidance - Tireder

will have keyboard shortcuts to navigate in the document. You'll find them in the program itself under a heading that you click on. All programs are different, so I can't tell you which heading it is. Some people swear they can go as fast using the mouse, but I mostly use the keyboard commands and just a tiny bit of mousing for a few functions. Also checkout Word keyboard commands, for instance, to go to the end or beginning of a sentence to go from the top of the page to the bottom of the page and vice versa. All these things help you navigate around the document more quickly. Your Word program probably has a list of those too. When I started with Escription, my MTSO had a tutorial we could go through that was very helpful. Ask about that. I started with a few of the more important navigation commands and added a few each day. You can put them on a Post-IT on your monitor until you've got them down pat. As far as expansions, I have a stand-alone expander program that works in Escription. This helps for the 5% of the time I do straight transcription and for making changes in SR too. It took me a couple of months to get up to speed (first time doing SR), so don't get discouraged. Editing requires a different skill set. Remember when you first started to do transcription the old way, well you were not as fast as you are now. It's the same thing with SR, but you'll get faster in time. At first try to avoid going "too fast" as you learn SR, a new account with new specs, and new dictators. The familiarity will also help you build speed and you can gradually increase the playback speed. Overall, just be patient. My motto is slow and steady wins the race (as far as quality goes) when you are first starting out and remember that stress is your enemy. Don't go there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)