Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

keyboard letters wearing off - mt99

Posted: Oct 15th, 2015 - 12:50 am In Reply to: Keyboard letters wearing off, has anyone ever tried - permanent white marker SM

I've not used marking pen or anything like that. A long, long time ago I tried some stick-on letters but the curled up around the edges and kept catching my fingernails/fingers on them. In the last 5 years have bought a total of 3 Logitech comfort keyboards (several key letters would wear off, didn't think anything could be done, bought another one -- usually got them on sale). Finally after the third keyboard, I called Logitech, told them the problem, asked for replacement keys, was told they don't do that. he looked up serial numbers of keyboards, found they were all still within the 5-years warranty. I had to send my keyboards back and they sent me 3 brand new keyboards. Of course, the keys are wearing off again on the first keyboard but am doing okay with it until they wear off more or the raised spot on the J key wears off! :) Never hurts to contact the company. I never would have guessed I would be able to exchange 3 keyboards with some worn out letters for 3 new keyboards! (Failed to keep my receipts and had to take pictures of the back of each keyboard with the serial number, etc., and email that to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)