Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Feel Your Pain ... former Nuance MT - Boston_MT

Posted: Sep 30th, 2015 - 6:53 pm In Reply to: Metrics schmetrics - mom22

I also worked at Nuance a few years back and rarely come to this board (i.e., now work at the MT job that I actually like and I stay busy, no more OOW or NJA, and I am able to pay bills now, etc.).

Anyway, back when I was working at Nuance the same craziness happened with me -- including obnoxious "supervisors" and management staff, as well as the horrible accounts I was assigned to and all the craziness described by the OP. And yes, I also have over 20 years of experience as an MT/Editor -- but I am not surprised to hear that things have not changed at all over at Nuance or anywhere else (including over at the Big M). Oh well ...

FYI -- the MT job that I landed after quitting at Nuance, my current MT job was not an advertised job posting. I had to do some serious networking just to get a foot in the door, which took almost 6 months for me to get their attention. The squeaky wheel got the attention of management and I was very persistent. But by the Grace of God, I was able to secure an invitation for the interview and completed their hiring process, which has landed me the absolute ideal MT job. I Love It. --Happy MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)