Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I have a doc too...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 8:30 am In Reply to: DrChrono - Cheryl

who is an ESL, also a cardiologist. He dictates twice a week, and I pick up his tapes. I used to type in Word (in order to get a line count), then cut and paste into the office's EMR. When the EMR was upgraded, cut and past no longer worked as the text was all messed up in the EMR system and even EMR support could not figure it out. SO, I took an average of file size versus number of patients over a 3 month period of time (which I already had from my invoices) and got a cost per patient average of $3.25 and now type right into the EMR and charge $3.25 times the number of patients. If the doc is using a digital recorder, he or someone in the office can upload it and use an FTP program to send it to you, which you would have to retrieve on your end and play using your player program, then type into the EMR. Same deal, different method. Hope this helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • DrChrono - Cheryl (Views: 719, 2015-08-27, 5:05 pm)
    • Yes... - DianeD (Views: 497, 2015-08-28, 7:14 am)
    • I have a doc too...SM - Old Anon