Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I think somebody must have talked to legal - and been told not to threaten workers

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 7:35 am In Reply to: Unemployment - Jotrans

So disgusting that they have gotten away with this for so long when buying up companies.

Again and again people come on here asking if it will really be that bad coming over to Nuance? and they are just going to "try it out" and have been told that there is no choice, UE not available.

We try to tell them, they do not listen, they just "try it out" and then come back on here crying in a few months. That's okay, we will commiserate and support, but I still wish people would at least try to get UE because I believe they can.

I was told the same thing many years ago when Nuance took over my decent company. We were one of the early ones so we foolishly believed and the company bumped up our pay for 6 months to lull us into satisfaction, but then boom we came down and came down hard to the reality of low pay, no reward Nuance.

So please at least TRY to claim unemployment, anyone who is a buyout from Nuance. Even if you end up back with Nuance (some of us have had that happen even when getting a new MT job - they are cornering the market by undercutting all the smaller companies and making it impossible to compete so they can pay the MTSO off and add the workers to their slave train).

I figure had I filed for UE I would have had 6 months to find a job while getting paid way better than Nuance ever paid me since my previous company was decent and rewarded decently, not about penalties but rewarding good MTs. I think that "model" is not coming back, it is now all about counting on the lowest pay and working from there because you may have a higher week or two here and there but they invariably bump you back down to near minimum every few weeks just because they can.

I know they say if you turn them down they will not hire you, if you don't give 2 weeks notice they will not hire you. I pretty much believe they WILL hire you if you can't find anything else, and at least you will have had 6 months of UE to look for something better or out of MT completely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)