Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Former Amphion - FAMT

Posted: Aug 19th, 2015 - 9:28 am In Reply to: Great place to work when they don't pay for spaces...phht! - sm

...just have to put in my 2 cents - no longer at Amphion, but only because of the flexibility issue, period.

I was over 12 dollars an hour in a few months, and LOVED actually working with them. Such nice ladies.

I was doing 100% editing, and even with no spaces I was making out okay because NO WORRY about grammar - you just left the speech machine as is and only changed or flagged any errors. It was a great relief to the sometimes tedious QA over grammar or whether or not 'the' or 'was' was correct...

Great QA people...pay was on time, and you are an actual employee status which was all good.

For me, it was just that any time-off was regarded as employee status, and there was not much flexibility, which was on me - because I needed more flex and time-off at this time, and I was only part time.

Any ladies out there considering Amphion, the spaces did not seem to matter too much in voice because you are not typing them, (I believe mostly they are voice accounts). I know I could have been over 15 dollars an hour if I had put more time in and stayed, because I was still learning the specs and system etc. I was also left alone to work and was not bothered, not 'over-managed.' At least that was my experience with the supervisor I had...

Doing only editing, it is a bit different beast, but there are ways to make money. There was also plenty of extra training if you wanted to brush-up on anything, mentors, and paid training. Because you are employee status, you have to be paid minimum wage for your state (of course all of this is if you are keeping up with your part, working your hours and meeting your requirements). Lots of help if you want it...

Just my opinion...

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)