Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

escription - es-sux

Posted: Aug 4th, 2015 - 9:18 pm In Reply to: escription - curious

I haven't used dictphone, but we moved to escription a few months ago. We type on another platform but we still see the attempts at VR that it makes. I am not a fan.

When we first got it, the dictations would get garbled randomly. It was awful. We complained loudly and the doctors must have had something done to their handhelds or something because it finally got better.

The biggest thing I have with it is that it gradually speeds up your dictations when you aren't paying attention and then it makes that your default speed. In order to get it back down you have to constantly put it back on normal and after enough times, it will go down a notch or two. Why it doesn't just go at whatever speed you choose is beyond me, but it's annoying as hell having to constantly adjust the speed setting.

Also on ours, we have no way of going back to listen to previous dictations. You can go to the escription website and log in and do searches for dictations, but I have tried everything there is to try and I can't find any of our dictations. I don't know if that is turned off for us or what or why on earth they would do that.

On another note, here's what the voice recognition put today as an indication for one of my studies lol

INDICATION: Low back pain after falling off pulseless leak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)