A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

pan lungs, pan bases - gkscc

Posted: Mar 07, 2015

I cannot find anything on "pan lungs".  Both times he says it, I do hear pan. 

VR picked up "hand bases"  "Pam lungs"

Decreased breath sounds in the left lower lung with some coarse breath sounds in the pan bases.  Pan lungs otherwise.  

Pan is a prefix. SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
that means all. According to a popular style guide, it gets attached to the word following, such as pandiverticulitis. But using it with lungs and bases seems a bit redundant; but hey, that's what he said and that's what I'd give him. In the case of bases, I would have dictated 'both'; and in the case of lungs, I would have left off the 'pan' entirely. As an MT, I'd do it just as you did if you are on a verbatim account. You could also run this by your QA person for future reference.

Thank you - gkscc

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your help

pan lungs otherwise doesn't make sense - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Crackles At The Bases. S/l Sevis Transfer Is Normal.
Mar 11, 2012

Then he goes into Cardiovascular and says "S1, S2. <s/l  findibelit> and rhythm".  Trying to listen to see if it sounds like regular rate and rhythm but it doesn't sound like that.  Any thought would be great! ...

Bullous Changes (in The Lungs)
Jun 19, 2012

what is the proper spelling for bullous changes? ...

Perihalem Lower Lungs
Dec 03, 2009

Perihalem lower lung field. ...

Lungs Are Without Focal S/l Contollidation?
Mar 04, 2010

under LABORATORY DATA.  Doc says "Chest x-ray shows .... Lungs are without focal s/l contallodation, consolidation...? Thank you for any help! ...

PE Atrial Lemer Of The Lungs?
Aug 24, 2010

No oral cavity lesions.  S1,S2 is audible.  s/l (atrail lemer)___ of the lungs good air entry bilaterally. ...

Lungs, No Routs, Wheezes, Or Lonchi
Feb 03, 2010

Not sure on this.  Help please. ...

S/l Impurdurations In The Lungs & S/l Alveolar Apasses
May 28, 2010

s/l  "impur durations" or "impurdurations" in the lungs. Its from a radiology report. also s/l  "alveolar apasses" noted throughout the lungs with pleural effusions and cardiac enlargement findings are suggestive of pulmonary edema ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...

The Results Show That There Is No S/l "parametastatic" Disease To The Lungs
Aug 17, 2010

:) ...

PT Has Rheumatoid Disease Mostly In The Lungs, There Is Apical Disease, There Are No Comments On S/l
Jan 03, 2010

xx ...

Lungs No "E-A Or ETA" Changes?
Nov 16, 2009

No "E-A or ETA" changes ??? ...