A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"non-pitting" vs. "nonpitting" edema. Thanks. nm - grannie

Posted: Apr 21, 2010

x

nonpitting. nm - Elderberry

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

agree - nonpitting

[ In Reply To ..]
just another vote.

Hyphens are frowned upon these days per the - almighty BOS. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
s

don't blame the BOS for everything, see inside - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"COMMON PREFIXES
Most compounds made with non as prefix are not hyphenated."

This rule dates before the BOS was created.

Similar Messages:

Pedal Edema?
May 14, 2010

In this physical examination, it sounds like it is being dictated, "Both upper and lower extremities with (s/l pedal) edema."  That doesn't seem to make sense, but perhaps I'm wrong...what other word could he be saying instead of pedal?  He pretty much mumbles his way right passed it. ...

Edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM
Jan 29, 2012

I can't understand my dr. for the life of me.  I don't know if he's trying to say a medical term or if he's just talking.  In the HPI he says "No increased swelling, but she has horbbile edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM."  I could use any help y'all could give.  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Edema Classifications
Dec 23, 2014

Hi there! I have always been taught that for edema classifications to use, for example, 2++, as opposed to just 2+.  Clarification please and thank you! ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...

Free Tibial Edema?
Jun 30, 2011

sentence s/l:  Trace pretibial and free tibial edema. Does this sound correct? I have not been able to find any definition of "free tibial." ...

Sounds Like Corporal Edema
Aug 22, 2014

This is referring to the lower extremites in a patient with urosepsis ...

There Was No Optic Disc Edema Or *ellodation*?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 31, 2010

nm ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

Venous Stasis Edema..please See Message
Jan 10, 2012

The doc consistently says venous stasis edema.  However, when I look it up, I find that they are two different things, i.e. venous stasis AND edema.  Which is correct?  TIA ...

Diffuse (type/tight) Edema
May 26, 2013

bibasilar crackles and diffuse (s/l type/tight) rhonchi   ASR typed tight  ...

S/l Hypo-al-pulmanemia?? Patient With Peripheral Edema...
Nov 27, 2009

Patient with glioblastoma multiforme and peripheral edema in lower extremities...   "Patient does not have (hypo-al-pulmonemia) or any other obvious reason for peripheral edema." ...

Extremities Reveal No Edema, S/l "palpilitter Occipital" Pulses.
Oct 23, 2009

This doc is talking fast and I can't figure out what he is saying.  Thank you for any suggestions.  ...

Diffuse Cerebral Edema With Loss Of The Normal S/l "so-ki"
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions? ...

On Exam, There Is 2+ S/l "Barnigs" Extremity Edema Bilaterally.
May 27, 2010

a ...

No "perival" Edema Under HEENT - Sm
Jan 05, 2010

Definitely starts with a "P"  No Paraval edema?  I don't hear scleral. Please help!  Thank you.  ...

Sock-o-Sock, SockuSock??? (for Edema)
Mar 19, 2013

Got an Asian doc who is always prescribing "Sock-o-sock" or "SockuSock" for edema.  That's exactly what she's saying.  Any ideas?  Will go with sock-on-sock for now, but that's not really what it sounds like.    Thanks.  ...