A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how would you express measurement - for pulse given as

Posted: Oct 02, 2013

"heart range from 95 to 1-teens?"  Thanks in advance!

"one-teens" - Found in style guide p22 at bottom

[ In Reply To ..]
So, "95 to one-teens"

Edit: I should qualify, that was given as an example under blood pressure ranges, but I think that should still work!

Thank you! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Measurement
May 18, 2010

Baby's weight is up 1/10th of a kg.   Is this correct?  Would you type 1/10th of a kilogram or 0.10 of a kg?   Any suggestions.  TIA. ...

JVD Measurement
Jan 05, 2011

Thus far I have only had doctors refer to the JVD as flat or raised or sometimes at zero.  Tonight, this doc says "JVD is 0 to 9 degrees/90 degrees" [I think].  I have found a site that describes JVD measurements, and one of them is 90 degrees--but there is no "zero to" part. Now I am second guessing my thought about it being 0 to 90 degrees.  This doc is very sweet, but really mumbles the ends of his sentences. Anyone know about the JVD?? ...

Musculoskeletal Measurement
Sep 01, 2010

Under the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam, it is dictated, "Crepitus of the bilateral knees.  No ankle tenderness or swelling.  No MTP tenderness.  Last (s/l Sjogren's) was 14.5 cm."  I'm unsure what she would be measuring here. Also, I'm still wondering if anyone has any idea about this one, "MRI – mild.  SI/degenerative arthritis.  Imaging of the hands – small effusion of the carpals and (s/l peroneal) tendinopathy." & ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Medication Measurement
Mar 01, 2012

The doctor dictates: two-tenths of a cc of 4 mg/cc dexamethasone How would this be correctly typed?  He always uses cc as a measurement.  It is the two-tenths of a cc that I am concerned about. Thanks so much! ...

Mass Measurement
Apr 04, 2012

Dictated: The mass is not greater than 20 by 20 cm. Should I type by or should it be The mass is not greater than 20 x 20 cm. Thanks in advance. ...

Height Measurement
Jan 21, 2014

What if they don't dictated "feet" or "inches", just 5 9? ...

Echo Report: ACS Measurement
Apr 22, 2010

Hi all, Been doing echo reports for this doc for a while, and he's now added "ACS" to the list of measurements, e.g. "ACS is 1.8". Looked high and low...can't find this and was curious as to what it stands for. Any help? Thanks in advance. ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Echo Lavi Measurement
Jul 12, 2013

in giving a measurement for left atrial volume index, author says "50 cc per meter squared." How would that be correctly transcribed considering we are not to use cc, but rather mL, and we are not to use exponents? ...

Colonscopy - I Think It Is A Measurement, S/l Howstra?? I'm Stumped. Thanks!
Nov 02, 2011

.. ...

Express Scribe Help Again
Oct 16, 2009

Does anyone know how to get the auto back up to work on the foot pedal settings for Express Scribe?  Thanks in advance! ...

Help With Express Scribe Please
Jul 14, 2010

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Express Scribe.   Everything seems okay except I cannot set up the back step correctly.   Does anyone have any advice?    As always, thanks! ...

Excel Express
Nov 25, 2010

Are they legit? they left me a message I was hired, but haven't responded to my questions yet.  Could be because of the holiday, wanted to know anyone elses experience. ...

Help With Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my practice dictations loaded on Express Scribe from Windows Media Player ? ...

Does Anyone Use Express Scribe And How Do You Like It?
Apr 16, 2011

I have downloaded the manual but still cannot get it to work with my foot pedal.  My next resort is to call in the computer man who charges $100 per hour, and hopefully he will get it up and running within that time.  Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Anything About Transcriptions Express? 
Apr 18, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Transcriptions Express?  In researching them I found 3 complaints on the Rip Off Report about them.  They, evidently, charge for early termination, is this standard?  They also charge for equipment if you don't have any.  I think this is just a way for some companies to increase their bottom line.  It sounds like these were just disgruntled ex-employees.  There have been no new complaints since 2009 and the BBB doesn't have any complaints about the ...

Express Scribe HELP!!! (please)
May 01, 2011

HELP!!!   I recently had to reinstall Express Scribe.   For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the voice file to go back  several seconds.     I hope I am explaining correctly.   Any advice VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! ...

Express Scribe HELP!!
May 05, 2013

I'm trying to open the same type of files that I have been doing for over a year now in Express Scribe. Today, I keep getting an error message that says opening audio file failed and to check it exists and I have read access. Has anyone else ever had this problem? How do I fix it? I don't understand what the issue is because like I said I have been opening these same files in Express Scribe for over a year. ...

Express Scribe -HELP!
Jun 05, 2013

I have been using Express Scribe for several years to play .wav files.  Yesterday when I tried to load my files it gives me an error that says "Opening audio file failed. CAnnot open the file ----------. Check it exists and you have read access."  It does exist, I do have read access.  I have rebooted my computer and reinstalled Express Scribe and I still get the same error. Can anyone help me? ...

EXPRESS SCRIBE HELP!
Jan 14, 2014

Taking a test using Express Scribe...but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set the back up seconds...dictation just picks up from where I left off...any assistance?? ...

Would Like To Express Congratulations
Mar 20, 2014

to those of you accepted!  Yay!  (I was a reject but plan to take the test again if ever offered.)  Sincerely happy to all of you!  (but...and sure there are only 60, hoping some are from my group so maybe I won't have as much NJA or other accounts I don't know as well - sorry!) ...

Dictate Express - Come One, Come All, To The
Apr 10, 2014

greatest job of them all - You can be an MT here for a whopping........WAIT FOR IT........0.05 CPL!!!!!!!  Plus you can pay your own taxes and never get a paid vacation!!!  Just when you think you've seen it all.  Let's not all trample each other lining up to apply.  Please - can we all realize we're better than this and deserve better than this and not apply to these places that low ball us like this?!!??!  I think these companies will keep just seeing ho ...

Dictate Express
Apr 26, 2014

Has anyone been hired by or worked for Dictate Express in Solana Beach, California?  I checked with BBB and they have no record of them.  Got email I was hired.  I have been scammed once this month and do not need another.  Please help???? Signed numbtypist ...

NEED EXPRESS SCRIBE HELP
Sep 17, 2014

Hi,  I bought ES Pro in 2012 and have not had any problems with playing dictation.  I also have DSS to WAV to convert files.  I converted a DS2 file to WAV but a message pops up that I'm using a "demo trial version for evaluation use only" and I now need to purchase an upgrade.  Ugh!!!  I bought it so can it be a trial version?  In the meantime I can't do my reports in WAV.  Anyone else have this problem?  What did you do?  Trying to contact ...

Using Express Scribe
Dec 05, 2014

I'm starting with a new company that uses express scribe.  I downloaded the free express scribe now how do I use it.  I do have gear player that can use MP3 files but when i load it in there i cannot hear the sound.  Any suggestions??? ...

Transcription Express - How Is To Work For Them?
Oct 28, 2009

Has anyone worked for Transcription Express and if so, is the pay on time and how is to work for them? I just accepted a position with this company. Thanks any info is appreciated. ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Express Scribe - .wav Coming Up As 0:00
Feb 20, 2010

For those of you that you Express Scribe....I usually have no trouble getting my files to play, but I have a few files that are .wav and they keep coming up as 0:00.  Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how I can fix it so they can play? Thanks! ...

Deleting Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Help!  I downloaded Express scribe as a trial because a company I was going to apply with uses it.  But it is not compatible with the company I am presently working for.  How do I get rid of Express Scribe?  Thanks! ...