A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with Express Scribe - sheila

Posted: Jan 26, 2011

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my practice dictations loaded on Express Scribe from Windows Media Player ?

I just drag and drop them - rainbo

[ In Reply To ..]
I put mine on my desktop and then drag them onto my Express Scribe icon. I can play then in both programs though. If I double click the file, it will go into the media player. The only way I can make it work with ES is to drag and drop it there.

ES - MTforever

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have them on your desktop you should be able to open ES, choose "load" at the top of the screen, then highlight the voice files you want to play with ES and choose OK. They will then load into ES with no problems.

Right Click - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you right click on the practice dictation file you want to transcribe an option will come up "Transcribe with Express Scribe". At least that's how it works in Windows Vista

express scribe - sheila

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you to those who replied ... still getting (.wpl ) not supported msg ... tried burning dictations to CD but doesn't recognize it either ... is there another folder I can move the playlist to ?

ES - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you try changing the end of your file to .wma Works every time for me. It will tell you if you do it that it might alter the file or something like that, so if that makes you nervous, make a copy of the file and then try changing it.

Similar Messages:

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Express Scribe Help Again
Oct 16, 2009

Does anyone know how to get the auto back up to work on the foot pedal settings for Express Scribe?  Thanks in advance! ...

Help With Express Scribe Please
Jul 14, 2010

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Express Scribe.   Everything seems okay except I cannot set up the back step correctly.   Does anyone have any advice?    As always, thanks! ...

Does Anyone Use Express Scribe And How Do You Like It?
Apr 16, 2011

I have downloaded the manual but still cannot get it to work with my foot pedal.  My next resort is to call in the computer man who charges $100 per hour, and hopefully he will get it up and running within that time.  Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Express Scribe HELP!!! (please)
May 01, 2011

HELP!!!   I recently had to reinstall Express Scribe.   For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the voice file to go back  several seconds.     I hope I am explaining correctly.   Any advice VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! ...

Express Scribe HELP!!
May 05, 2013

I'm trying to open the same type of files that I have been doing for over a year now in Express Scribe. Today, I keep getting an error message that says opening audio file failed and to check it exists and I have read access. Has anyone else ever had this problem? How do I fix it? I don't understand what the issue is because like I said I have been opening these same files in Express Scribe for over a year. ...

Express Scribe -HELP!
Jun 05, 2013

I have been using Express Scribe for several years to play .wav files.  Yesterday when I tried to load my files it gives me an error that says "Opening audio file failed. CAnnot open the file ----------. Check it exists and you have read access."  It does exist, I do have read access.  I have rebooted my computer and reinstalled Express Scribe and I still get the same error. Can anyone help me? ...

EXPRESS SCRIBE HELP!
Jan 14, 2014

Taking a test using Express Scribe...but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set the back up seconds...dictation just picks up from where I left off...any assistance?? ...

NEED EXPRESS SCRIBE HELP
Sep 17, 2014

Hi,  I bought ES Pro in 2012 and have not had any problems with playing dictation.  I also have DSS to WAV to convert files.  I converted a DS2 file to WAV but a message pops up that I'm using a "demo trial version for evaluation use only" and I now need to purchase an upgrade.  Ugh!!!  I bought it so can it be a trial version?  In the meantime I can't do my reports in WAV.  Anyone else have this problem?  What did you do?  Trying to contact ...

Using Express Scribe
Dec 05, 2014

I'm starting with a new company that uses express scribe.  I downloaded the free express scribe now how do I use it.  I do have gear player that can use MP3 files but when i load it in there i cannot hear the sound.  Any suggestions??? ...

Express Scribe - .wav Coming Up As 0:00
Feb 20, 2010

For those of you that you Express Scribe....I usually have no trouble getting my files to play, but I have a few files that are .wav and they keep coming up as 0:00.  Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how I can fix it so they can play? Thanks! ...

Deleting Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Help!  I downloaded Express scribe as a trial because a company I was going to apply with uses it.  But it is not compatible with the company I am presently working for.  How do I get rid of Express Scribe?  Thanks! ...

Express Scribe Won't Pay Wav File
May 03, 2011

I am trying to start with a new company and now express scribe will not load their wav file - help please.  I have looked all over the tech help boards for similar problems at express scribe's tech help and have come up with nothing.  Anyone have any idea how to solve this?   Thanks! ...

Express Scribe Difficulties
May 03, 2011

I have just started having trouble with Express Scribe. Regardless of whether I am using the foot pedal or the function keys, it is as if the program does not recognize what I am doing. Sometimes it takes multiple presses of the stop button or taps on the footpedal to get the dictation to stop. Sometimes when I press reverse on the footpedal I end up playing or fast forwarding. At first, restarting my computer seemed to fix the problem, but now nothing seems to make much difference. Any suggesti ...

Express Scribe....dss Files?
Aug 12, 2011

Will Express Scribe v5.13 play .dss files?  I'm having trouble playing one and my supervisor says she thinks it is either .dct or .dss. This file is the only one that will not play.  My software and equipment are all configured correctly.      ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Express Scribe Software
Oct 24, 2011

Any MTs using ExpressScribe?  I noted this software can be downloaded for free I think. They also have a professional version too?  Any suggestions as to which one I would need? I am thinking about applying for a job that uses this.   ...

Express Scribe Free?
Nov 10, 2011

Does anybody here have any experience with the free download of Express Scribe and if it will play .dss files? I would also appreciate any thoughts on which of the "free" transcription software programs are "really" the best.....Thanks for your help! :) ...

Express Scribe 5.14 Version
Dec 22, 2011

Does anyone have any idea where I can locate the 5.14 version of Express Scribe.  I have tried everything I can think of to obtain this older version.  I have even tried to transfer it to my newer laptop, but everytime it downloads the most recent version and the recent version will not work on my laptop.  Thanks for any and all help. ...

Does Anyone Has The Old Version Of Express Scribe
Jan 10, 2012

does anyone has the old version of express scribe that they could possibly send me a link to that I can download...thanks ...

WMA Files And Express Scribe
Feb 02, 2012

Does anyone know how to set up the newest version of Express Scribe to recognize .wma files?  I can get it to play .wav and .dss files but it will not play .wma files. Thanks! ...

Express Scribe Cutting Off
Apr 26, 2012

Have Express Scribe Pro, This week the last few seconds of a voice file are being cut off, don't know where to go in Menu to adjust this or fix it. Any suggestions. TIA ...

Pedal And Express Scribe
Jun 17, 2012

I have a pedal that I used with Express Scribe about 5 years ago. It says IN-BMG on the bottom. I worked independently for a local office using old school dictation with a tape player so packed up my pedal. I just recently started using Express Scribe again and HATE using the key prompts and want use of my foot pedal but can't get it working! I hate to buy a new one when this one would probably work if I knew the magic words.  Please advise if anyone knows how to make it work! It ...

How To Get A WMP File Into Express Scribe
Jul 16, 2012

Hi all, I am trying to test today and having trouble. When I open the MTSO's dictation file it automatically opens the Windows Medial Player Window. I tried dragging it into Express Scribe, but it will not load into it that way. I cannot see anywhere that I could save it and drag it or load it. Can someone perhaps give me step-by-step instructions? I would really be grateful. Thank you. ...

Express Scribe Question - Please Sm
Jul 16, 2012

I am going to have to bite the bullet and purchase the Pro version of Express Scribe.  I see that it is by some miracle on sale right now.  Does the Unrestricted Professional License mean it is a one-time cost or do you have to pay for this license every year to renew?  Thank you to anyone who uses this and knows. ...

Transcribing From CD/DVD Using Express Scribe Pro
Jul 18, 2012

I am getting ready to take on a job from someone and need some advice.   The dictation has been done on CD/DVD, and I purchased ExpressScribe Pro to install on my computer, along with a foot pedal .  I have a laptop, which of course has a CD/DVD drive .... My question is, has anyone had experience in doing this same work?  Should I ask him to convert it to cassette?  Any help at all would be appreciated.  Have been a transcriptionist for 24 years, but haven't done i ...

Express Scribe Locking Up?
Jul 18, 2012

I've used Express Scribe for years and years, however, lately it has been locking up on me and the only way I have found to get it unlocked is literally shutting my computer down and restarting.  I am using V4.15.  Has this happened to anyone else?  It doesn't even shut it down through task manager.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and so far can't find anything that has helped or made a difference.  Any ideas? ...

Alternative To Express Scribe?
Jul 18, 2012

I am looking for an alternative player to Express Scribe.  Every since I upgraded the last few seconds of every single dictation are cut off.  When I play them in Windows Media Player I hear the whole dictation.  Obviously I cannot use WMP without a footpedal (or can I somehow?).  Please help. ...

Express Scribe Totals?
Jul 23, 2012

On Express Scribe is there a way to get a total of the minutes you have loaded into the player at any given moment? ...

Express Scribe Download
Oct 18, 2012

Can anybody help me with installing express scribe etc. I have over 30 years of acute care medical transcription but computer technology drives me nuts. I am use to having an IT department to call. I am getting ready to do some general transcription and had to buy Express Scribe. Now I have a registration number but I don't know where in my computer this downloaded to and where to go to pull up the Expres Scribe software. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I have running on Windows 7. ...