A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

drug s/l "loy so sort a neen" - nm

Posted: Oct 20, 2010

It's a medication list for a patient with multiple problems including gout, type 2 diabetes, and atrial fibrillation.  Sounds like "loy so sort a neen 25 mg daily".

The doctor yells into the recorder and it distorts badly, so I'm not completely sure about the first 2 syllables.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

Could be losartan - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a guess.

There is losartin 25 mg that is used to protect - kidneys in patients with diabetes.NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

sorry - should be losartan. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Sounds like - midwestmt

[ In Reply To ..]
an ESL trying to pronounce losartan.

thanks everyone! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Some Sort Of Penia
Feb 20, 2010

S/L "somalotopenia" patient was taking Velcade and ended up with ______penia" ...

Some Sort Of Syndrome
Mar 14, 2011

She's dictating history, and I'm hearing s/l Mori-Mori syndrome...any ideas? ...

Some Sort Of Scan
Jul 05, 2011

I'm hearing that she is "scheduled for a s/l muggascan".  Patient comes in with persistent coughing.  That's about all I can give you.  Any ideas??? ...

Sort Of Makes Me Laugh
Jul 02, 2012

I had the nerve to complain about the work load I was getting and how could I keep up production rates and when I questioned it suddenly I am being audited.  I let them know I thought it was interesting the timing of this since I had asked so many questions in the last couple of weeks regarding production. ...

Anyone Sort Of Recently Been Transferred To An Account
Jan 17, 2015

I've got some survival tips for you. Same for folks recently moved to a smallish surburban hospital near largish city in WA?  Supe LG, one of three supes listed on new POC for AB COM. Got a whole list of tips for survival on that one too.  I will post these again if anyone here is interested.    ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

Drug S/l Ah Pos
Oct 14, 2009

I am looking for a drug that s/l ah pos.  I found APO, but that is usually for Parkinson's which the pt does not have.  He does have CAD, CHF, t2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, hypercholesterolemia, PVD, MI, pneumonia.  Any ideas?  ...

Drug Name Help?
Nov 06, 2009

Three drug names...   She takes medication including Naprosyn and butalapap without any codeine. She was taking Aleve over the counter as needed and using her Leoprime loosely. The last one is just listen in medications taken,.. Utotalac ... he says it like U-total-lac. ...

Drug Help Please!
Jan 05, 2010

In the ER, patient with asthma had s/l "serol," albuterol, Atrovent nebulized treatments. TIA!! ...

Drug Help Please . . .
Jan 07, 2010

Sounds like "Hyoxymin"  I cannot find a thing.  Any clues? ...

Drug Help
Feb 20, 2010

S/l "soderal"  14 mg before dialysis.  I checked sotalol and thats not it.  Any ideas?? ...

Drug Help - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

s/l Cindamin capsules 30's 100 mg one daily.  Patient has a history of DM, vulvular cancer, heart disease, chronic headaches, glaucoma, blindness, chronic bronchitis, heart murmur, history of heart attack, hepatitis and anemia.  My first thought is cinnamon.   ...

Drug Help - S/l Or-an-kis
Apr 19, 2010

Patient has past medical history of allergies, tinnitus, Frey's syndrome, hypothyroidism, mitral valve prolapse, SVT, Raynaud's, scoliosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic low back pain.  Thanks for any help. ...

Name Of Drug
May 17, 2010

Anyone familiar with what s/l Hymox, Hiamox, Himox, etc. etc.  I thought the doc was dictating an antibiotic - then later s/l he said to use it p.r.n.- so not clear.  At any rate, the sound of it was clear as I put above.  Any help much appreciated. ...

Need Help With A Drug Name.
Jun 27, 2010

I have looked for this drug all over the place online and I can't find anything that even comes close to it.  This patient was admitted to the ICU for hyperkalemia and was put on an insulin-glucose infusion as well as Lasix to bring his potassium down.  Then the doctor adds that he was also placed on s/l "kxlyte" to further help control it.  He says that word twice and it sounds the same both times.  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Drug Name Help.
Aug 03, 2010

I'm stuck on a medication for a patient that has Raynaud's, polymyalgia rheumatica, osteoarthritis, cataracts, and anxiety.  It sounds like the doctor is saying "Circulair" or "Circular" 50 mg daily.  The patient is also on prednisone, Imitrex, and Ambien.  Does anyone have any ideas?  It doesn't sound like Singulair. ...

Drug S/l Cor-pan-o-lol 10 Mg. Does Not Say What It's Used For.
Aug 16, 2010

x ...

Drug Name Help/ty, But Not It
Aug 21, 2010

Avapro good answer but I don't think that is it. It s/l "SR" or effor. I am beginning to think there is an error skip or something. I am going to have to leave it blank. ...

Drug Name Help Please.
Aug 29, 2010

She does have a history of Sjören’s disease for which she has been under treatment for a number of years.  She takes ___.  s/l flack-lo- nil or plack-lo-nil   Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

S/l M-tek (drug)
Sep 13, 2010

managing her pain and symptoms, and she suffers minimal side-effects from these. She takes the occasional M-tek, but is not taking them regularly, although she has needed to use them more frequently over the last month.     ...

This Is A Drug
Sep 17, 2010

You got anything??? Psych was consulted and the patient  Lortab, Morphine, and S/L sentigran we S/L dc.  Thanks ...

HRT Drug Name
Sep 25, 2010

History of (S/L ...lactic) hormone replacement therapy.  (First couple of letters were cut-off in dictation.) Thanks in advance. ...

Drug S/l Lo Pat Nib Sm
Oct 28, 2010

1.       Clonazepam p.r.n.  2.       Dilaudid p.r.n. 3.       "Lopatnib". 4.       Lorazepam. 5.       Marinol. 6.       Naproxen. 7.       Xeloda. 8.       Zofran p.r.n. ...

Help With A Drug Please?
Jan 24, 2011

Doctor states:  Celebrex and naccar helps take the edge off her pain.  She spelled out N-A-C-C-A-R or M-A-C-C-A-R, but I can't find either.  Does anyone know what this drug might be?  Thanks! ...

Drug Help S/l Ri-zol 300 Mg B.i.d.
Feb 21, 2011

x ...

Drug S/l At-o-lat Does Not Say What Might Be For
Apr 15, 2011

x ...

Drug Help... S/l
Apr 21, 2011

Doctor says what sounds like hexadrone or maybe dexadrone...  drug patient is apparently allergic to. anyone have any ideas? ...

Drug S/l Am-a-zil-a Z 24 Mcg For IBS
Jul 07, 2011

x   ...

Drug S/l: Rah-see-co
Jul 15, 2011

drug s/l: rah-see-co Pregnant patient was prescribed this at the ER for a headache(?) Also prescribed Zofran(?) ...

Drug: S/l TRI-gra ?
Sep 27, 2011

51-yo female Assess: Alergic rhinitis PMH: Depression, GERD, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, history of allergies CM: citaloprm, omeprazole, losartan, amlodipine, simvastatin, and... (s/l  TRI-gra) 145 mg dictator is Chinese, if that helps ...