A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sort of makes me laugh - Nobody

Posted: Jul 02, 2012

I had the nerve to complain about the work load I was getting and how could I keep up production rates and when I questioned it suddenly I am being audited.  I let them know I thought it was interesting the timing of this since I had asked so many questions in the last couple of weeks regarding production.

That is horrible - keep my mouth shut

[ In Reply To ..]
That is precisely why I dont say a word to anyone! This place terrifies me.

I asked questions and suddenly the next day - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I found that they had audited 10 reports. I passed the audit, but I expect at one point they will find something and the other shoe will drop. I hate to say it but sometimes I wish they would just lay me off.

Same thing happened to me - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
They had not audited me for 6 months until I complained about the ASR, the sound quality, etc. Then bingo!
That is right. - Nobody
[ In Reply To ..]
I just passed an audit a little while back, but for the last couple weeks I noted a big change in my work load. I read my MT Stars and I know that I am not the only one. Things are now happening with my computer and I am getting NJA. Suddenly they need to do an audit.

Fly under the radar - my motto

[ In Reply To ..]
I do all I can to stay invisible and anonymous. I punch in, do my job and punch out. Work my schedule, keep my line counts above the minimum. Nothing that would cause a red flag or put me on a list. I stopped complaining a long time ago about things beyond my control because it just puts a target on my back and labeled as a complainer and a disgruntled employee. It has been years since my last audit and honestly I do not even think my CCM knows my name.

Same here ... totally under the radar - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I literally log in, do my hours and log out. I never speak to my CCM or have any contact with her at all. I'm an MME so I don't have to worry about audits but with this company, I think to be on the radar or to have any unnecessary contact with anyone outside of yourself is just inviting trouble. I do my shift, log off and totally keep to myself.

Like you, I don't even think my CCM knows my name and I like it that way.

Fly - SayWhat?

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been years since your last audit? We were told in my region that you get audited every month and I did until I resigned. Maybe it depends on the accounts you are on. They would even do "partial audits" and return those results to me with a score although I was told by QA that they didn't count but were "just for my information."

Part of the job - Nobody

[ In Reply To ..]
That's okay. It comes to everyone who works for this company eventually. I will be starting back to school soon and I have been applying for many other jobs so I still have hope.

Been there, done that - fadingstar

[ In Reply To ..]
A few months ago I was spoken to about my inactive time and my response was that I didn't see why it was such an issue if my production numbers were high and my audits were good. The next month instead of the 8-10 reports I usually get audited, it was over 16! Of course I failed that month. It's always something. They had to prove a point.

Same here, head down, mouth shut, - duck and cover, bob and weave.

[ In Reply To ..]
I figure if if I do start running out of work I will just log on and use the time on their clock to look for other jobs.

I was worried I was becoming mentally ill - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
because I was such a hermit and never spoke to CCM. I am glad to know it was just Mmmmmmmmodal normal behavior :)
Dang that makes me feel normal - I hate this
[ In Reply To ..]
Never worked for a company that was sooo impersonal..My CCM never says anything on the things I advise her of..Like an email saying tomorrow Im gonna have a screwed up schedule cause my kid is sick and has to be at the doctor..She doesnt acknowledge it so I do whatever I want...As for complaining, why bother...You guys are right who needs a targer..Been here about 2 years and have never been audited other then passing the 98% after my original training..
Me too! - soapie12
[ In Reply To ..]
Boy, I know what you mean. My CCM contacts me personally only when I've done something wrong which means I have had little to no contact from her in about 2 years myself. I just assume that she has already figured out that, if I don't clock in at my scheduled start time, I have no work as I don't clock on until there is work to do and I clock out as soon as possible when the work runs out so I don't mess up my line count. If it weren't for the DQS7 training, I think she wouldn't even know who I was! I like it that way though. Oh, and don't think for a minute that you're not being audited. They don't always tell you when they're doing the audit or even if you passed one, they just tell you when you fail. That's been my experience at least. I can even tell when they're shadowing me cuz my comp slows way way down and a few other tell-tale signs that I'm not going to mention here in case a suit is reading.

Same here - SameoldSameold

[ In Reply To ..]
I like the way you think! LOL. :-)

Similar Messages:

This Always Makes Me Laugh
Jul 27, 2012

when the doc says something like "he was assaulted by two gentlemen."  Well, at least they were polite about it right? ...

Some Sort Of Penia
Feb 20, 2010

S/L "somalotopenia" patient was taking Velcade and ended up with ______penia" ...

Some Sort Of Syndrome
Mar 14, 2011

She's dictating history, and I'm hearing s/l Mori-Mori syndrome...any ideas? ...

Some Sort Of Scan
Jul 05, 2011

I'm hearing that she is "scheduled for a s/l muggascan".  Patient comes in with persistent coughing.  That's about all I can give you.  Any ideas??? ...

Low QA .Unless They Review More (laugh, Laugh)
Jun 05, 2015

Well, call me an idiot.  But unless they review another report for the payperiod I will be under the 99 for 2 weeks in a row.   Have been hitting the required mark for weeks on end, but... I think with work low I have been rushing and did make a couple of dumb mistakes.   When you do this on a 30 line report, well.... you know how it goes. Does this qualify you for action plan or anything. Or is it 3 strikes and you are out? ...

Anyone Sort Of Recently Been Transferred To An Account
Jan 17, 2015

I've got some survival tips for you. Same for folks recently moved to a smallish surburban hospital near largish city in WA?  Supe LG, one of three supes listed on new POC for AB COM. Got a whole list of tips for survival on that one too.  I will post these again if anyone here is interested.    ...

Drug S/l "loy So Sort A Neen"
Oct 20, 2010

It's a medication list for a patient with multiple problems including gout, type 2 diabetes, and atrial fibrillation.  Sounds like "loy so sort a neen 25 mg daily". The doctor yells into the recorder and it distorts badly, so I'm not completely sure about the first 2 syllables.  Any ideas would be appreciated! ...

Last Laugh
Feb 15, 2010

Just venting a little.  Had a client that was constantly (almost daily) calling or emailing me they were missing charts and saying I had lost dictation.  After 2 years of this, we came to mutual termination one month ago.  I have gained back an hour of time per day chasing down charts that I know don't exist or fielding calls from several of their staff looking for that 'missing' dictation.  Hated to lose a client, but my days are now peaceful again.  Some ...

Just Had To Laugh
Mar 11, 2010

I just saw on here regarding transcription education.  They had it spelled as get  educatated! haha  ...

ASR Laugh For The Day
Jun 18, 2010

Dictator dictated flunisolide, ASR translated as penis alive ...

I Don't Know Whether To Laugh
Dec 27, 2011

As I was doing the "webinar" today on time clock procedures for the company that has bought the company that I have worked for for almost 10 years, I was cleaning out some paperwork.  I found my original contract, level 5 transcription . . . 9-1/2 cents per line (plus shift differential) almost 10 years ago Plus I think I got an additional bonus or something for being a CMT.  Off to cry in my coffee.  Oh what the heck, might as well laugh!! ...

My Laugh For The Day.
Dec 29, 2011

On the HuffPo front page, there is an article that reads "Dictator Convicted for Secret Hospital Torture Center." Oh good grief--that's just the Transcription Department!  ;-) ...

Sometimes We Just Need A Laugh
Jul 31, 2013

It will be sometime before our jobs are obsolete as editors..... "The patient needs continuous monitoring and breasts" lol             ...

Here's A Laugh
Mar 18, 2014

Here's something really funny! I'm looking for a job in my area and the place where I signed up for called me. I explained my situation to them. Then I said if they were from Nuance,I wouldn not work for them,either as one is just about the same as the other. Guess what? they hung up on me! Hilarious. ...

Laugh Of The Day
May 23, 2014

Quality (error-free documentation) In the first three months of 2014, we averaged 99.69% in the U.S. and 99.64% globally, which exceed 2013 numbers and the 98% industry standard set by AHIMA.  ...

VR Laugh Of The Day
Jan 21, 2015

ALLERGIES:  Mother. ...

Want A Good Laugh?
Mar 14, 2010

I have to say, this speech recognition is awful.  I am constantly correcting, but listen to this.  I just typed a report for a pt that had an allergic reaction to PEANUTS.  The VR stated that, "The patient had an allergic reaction to PENIS and that the patient stated this time HE did not feel that he had cross contamination to PENIS."  My goodness.  ...

Essay? I Don't Know Whether To Laugh Or Cry!
Mar 22, 2010

Are they kidding?  How stupid is this proposed Essay contest?  We are asked to enter a contest and tell why FTR is a good thing and a move forward and will have a positive impact on patient care?  Are they nuts?  This is beyond stupid!  How about asking for an essay on punishing MTs for asking for a second opinion, wanting another trained ear to listen so that patients are not given the incorrect medication or an incorrect diagnosis?  How about an es ...

Someone May Get A Good Laugh
Oct 28, 2010

This doctor plain as day said "circus senilis."  I could find no such thing.  I know about arcus senilis, but I thought who am I to say he doesn't know what he is talking about? So I looked up the word "circus."  The last meaning said "a ring or circlet", so I put what he said.  Either he is right or someone will get a good laugh, and I may get a black mark.   What do you think? Should I have just put arcus senilis and assume he made a mistake?  It was jus ...

A GOOD LAUGH
Nov 18, 2010

P.A. just dictated sclerae non-eccentric.  lol ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

A Much Needed ASR Laugh
Oct 05, 2011

Correct:  The patient was anesthetized with rocuronium.   ASR:  The patient was anesthetized with a rock thrown at him.  I guess you could do it that way.    ...

My Big Laugh For The Night
Mar 29, 2012

ESL doctor:  "The patient lives on farm.  He milks the cows, horses, mules and chickens." Chickens are mammals?  All this time those wings and feathers had me fooled, but then again, they never could fly to prove it...  This is the same guy who once said a patient worked driving a "lift-fork" and another one of his patients was "stung by a black widow recluse spider."  And to think, this man makes 5-10 times what I do... ouch... if only someone had told me as a teena ...

Laugh For The Day - Seen In Ad On This Website!
Jan 16, 2013

FutureMT.com: MT's can make range of income is up to 28,353/yr for part time work (25hrs/wk) and up to$45,364/yr for full time work (40hrs/wk). Seasoned MTs have been known to earn $60,000/yr to $80,000/yr. ...

Here's A Good Laugh
Jan 22, 2015

Full time position for a medical transcriptionist/front desk receptionist for an outpatient physician owned practice. Transcription duties include listening to digital recordings and converting dictation into written reports. Duties also include reviewing and editing medical documents created using speech recognition technology. Front desk duties include answering the phones, greeting patients, preparing patient charts and scheduling patient appointments. ...

SR Good For A Laugh
May 05, 2015

Per speech recognition: Khan Jectiva Should have been: conjunctivae.... :) ...

Midnight Giggles: I Had To Laugh When I Saw The -sm
Jan 28, 2010

ad over in the left-hand margin for "Feed The Pig".org .... with a picture of a big, pink pig in a suit, and a hand dropping money into its head.  Pretty appropriate, don't you think?  When we work for these MTSO's for peanut-pay and little or no benefits, that's what we're doing:  FEEDING THE PIG. ...

Thanks, Doctor, I Really NEEDED The Laugh!
May 19, 2010

"Discharge diagnoses: 1. I have no freaking idea what she has. "   Guess it's a good thing this is not a truly verbatim account.............. ...

I Got A Good Laugh Yesterday
Nov 09, 2011

I got an e-mail encouraging me to test on-line for MQ and submit my resume and they would be anxiously awaiting it and monitoring their system for it to come through so that they could promptly contact me about a position.  I do have a lot of experience in all work types, lots of ESL experience, and my QA reviews have been high, so I know I would be an asset.  I also know from posts over the years that MQ has some huge issues, and I don't see that getting any better. I got an e-m ...

Needed A Laugh Today
Nov 15, 2011

Transcribing a note by a tiny, meek-looking (per hospital website) ESL doctor today when his cell phone went off & his ringtone was "Bad to the Bone" ...