A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

appendectomy - Jackson's nail? - swimdivemom

Posted: Dec 11, 2013

The surgeon is doing an appendectomy and says "the appendix and (s/l) "Jackson's nail" were swollen.... has anyone heard of Jackson's nail or is it something else? Any help greatly appreciated!  Laughing

probably something else, cecum, posterolateral wall?? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Jackson veil - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Jackson veil! - swimdivemom

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!!! I already sent the report in but haven't heard a correction back! I will store this in my vocab words!

Similar Messages:

Ortho Leg Nail S/l Zegal Or Zygal Nail?
Aug 21, 2011

An older gentleman with a Zegal (?) nail in place for 36 years.  Any help? ...

Jackson, Tennessee Hospital Let Their MTs Go, Too
May 29, 2010

West Tennessee Healthcare in Jackson, Tennessee let all of their MTs go too (end of last year).  They now outsource 100 percent of their dictation.  ...

S/l Jackson-Middleton Biters
May 18, 2011

s/l Jackson-Middleton biters.  Is this correct?  I cannot find it online and do not have a surgical tools book.  Thanks ...

Appendectomy In The Three D And Cs??
Jan 17, 2011

Need serious help here. The past medical history includes what sounds like "Appendectomy in the three D and Cs." No other clues are given. Any ideas what that could POSSIBLY be? Thank you so much advance. ...

Orthopedic Surgical Nail
Apr 23, 2012

s/l Carbotec nail - please help! ...

*ITS T-nail* From A Previous ORIF Of Hip
Sep 20, 2013

The patient had a previous ORIF with a *ITS T-nail* of the right hip for an intertrochanteric fracture.  I can't verify.  Thanks. ...

Appendectomy Question..
Nov 07, 2009

A 4 cm incision was made in the right lower quadrant between the umbilicus and the s/l "Ana-thigh-us".... ...

Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Jan 08, 2010

dictating a laparoscopic appendectomy and as a heading it s/l he's saying "prosthetic device:  None."  or "prostatic device:  None." ...

Transcribing An Appendectomy
Feb 06, 2010

Doctor dictates:  "The small bowel was viable.  The * were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable." It sounds like:  The area condition zones??? were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable. Thanks for any help! ...

Type Of Appendectomy?
Jun 06, 2014

The dictator is stating "she underwent a(n) ___ appendectomy" ... I'm almost completely certain that he is not saying "laparascopic", and it sounds like he is saying "abdominal" ... but abdominal doesn't quite makes sense :( Is there another descriptive word that might come before appendectomy that is an adjective? ...

I Thought About Getting A Nail Technician Certificate.
Jan 29, 2013

But the cost is around $5,000, the time is short only 6 months, but with working full time I would have no life with the classes being 4 hours every evening and 7 hours on Saturday. Okay, so if I commit myself to all of that, will I even be able to find a place to work? Most of the nail salons these days are chock full of Vietnamese workers. I rarely see salons with American nail technicians anymore.  What I would love to do is open my own salon, but where would I get the funds to do someth ...

Appendectomy- Findings: *indebitus* (??) Inflamed
Nov 06, 2011

NM ...

Abscess After Appendectomy S/l Marsen's Pouch
Mar 28, 2014

Sentence is "omentum inflamed, frank pus in (s/l Marsen's) pouch.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.  ...

Pt Has A Foil Nail In Place That Is Holding Open His S/l Ep-i-nee-quel
Aug 31, 2011

x ...

Previous Surgery - Appendectomy With S/l Stem-peed Extraction
Aug 25, 2011

x ...

"nail Rest" After Fingertip Crush Injury
Feb 10, 2015

I'm typing a crush injury to a fingertip, with debridement and surgery, basically a tiny bit of fingertip amputation. The doctor several times mentions "nail rest" that might have to be excised. He says "nail rest" very clearly, but I can't find anything online showing that this is an official medical term, and I'd like to verify it before turning the report in. Thanks ...

Nail Exam: S/l "inkerpated Margins"
Mar 20, 2012

x ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A "nail Test"
May 28, 2010

The pt is someone with pain, numbness and tingling in the rt hand.  Can't confirm it anywhere so far although it is certainly in the correct anatomical area.  "Musculoskeletal: s/l "Nail" test positive. Phalen test positive.     ...

Appendectomy Findings S/l "no Rush" Or "no Rough"
May 14, 2011

The appendix was inflamed, enlarged, and exudative.  There was no **rush? rough?**  There was no free fluid within the abdominal cavity. ...