A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

affected or effected? - th

Posted: Oct 27, 2010

Lying on the affected or (effected) side.  Is there a simple little rule about this I need to know?  Thanks

Definition of each inside. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

"Affected" means "impacted, created an effect on".

"Effected" means "executed, brought about, produced something."

Examples - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Affect: Verb [with one exception, below] How will the drug affect the patient?

Exception to affect: Noun. Patient has appropriate affect. (Emphasis on first syllable instead of last--A-ffect.)

Effect: Noun [with one exception,below]. The effect of the drug is not known yet. The drug had a bad effect.

Exception to effect: Verb: The drug will hopefully effect a cure. [You don't hear that one much.]

affected - .

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Similar Messages:

Affected Vs Effected
Sep 18, 2014

D:  the chin itself will very likely not be dramatically affected by the face lift.   Maybe decaf coffee isn't a good idea after all.  Should this be affected or effected?? ...

6.1 -- Has Your Pay Been Effected?
Sep 16, 2010

Hey... I see a great number of transcriptionists have made the change.  I need to know if we are taking a financial hit by cooperating with this B4 I quit my job.  I am open-minded and agreeable to change, but once my cash is messed with, I pick up my toys and go play somewhere else... ...

Has Anyone Else Who Was Effected By The DQS Downage Sunday Been Given Any Downtime Pay? I HAVE NOT
Sep 29, 2010

I cannot believe this, I look on my schedule today and all the notes I put with Ticket numbers have been taken away and in their place 0 hours!!!!   I was one of many who could NOT work Sunday due to DQS being down, down, down, down.  Then we are told to wait until Support tells CCM when the time was.  Now I am only to assume I am royally sc***wed over again.   Did anyone else get the downtime we SHOULD HAVE?  So upset, so upset so upset so upset.  ...

SPHERIS - MT AFFECTED?
Feb 19, 2010

Can any one shed light on whether Spheris MT and Editors are let go because of their fire sale to MedQuist? Are they losing any accounts? Which ones? Help please. ...

I'm Wondering How The First Time Right Has Affected You. Sm
Sep 19, 2011

I've spent most of my day reading MQ policies, etc., and finding a lot of it hard to take in.  Seems like MTs are being punished.  I am anticipating feeling extreme stress with every report I transcribe.  I'm trying to have a positive attitude but it is hard.  Anything good to hear right now would be welcoming...... This is my second round with MQ and I'm surprised just how many changes and not so sure they are good changes.  Anything good to hea ...

How Has The POD Affected Your Line Count?
Dec 17, 2014

What was your line count before, and now with the POD?  Is it all VR?  How much ST? Another question.  What tier are you?  Are all 3 tiers on the PODS?  If so, how does that work?  ...

Has Outsourcing Affected Your Line Of Work? Tell Us About It
Aug 26, 2011

From an article in Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/-hotel-labor-living-wage-outsourcing-indianapolis_n_934667.html?ir=Politics This is an article about the outsourcing of hotel maids and staff. It is a bit different than our industry, but some similarities are striking: "In some cases, the housekeepers are expected to clean roughly twice as many rooms as they were just a few years ago, often working off the clock to meet their quota and avoid being disciplined. As t ...

Hurricane Sandy.... Think Our Work Will Be Affected By Her?
Oct 29, 2012

I work out of CT so I bet it will be slow this week. ...

I Will Keep Posting This Info Until Every Affected MT Sees It
Nov 19, 2014

If you work on Veterans Administration (VA) accounts, you MUST be classified as an employee and earn the appropriate wage determination rate (in the neighborhood of $14 to $20-plus an hour depending on county).  In addition, you must have a separate hourly rate of pay that is applied towards a benefits package. If you are doing this kind of work and are not properly classified or you are not being paid what you're supposed to be paid, REPORT YOUR MTSO TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR.   ...

Can Someone Give Me An Idea Of How My Pay Will Be Affected Going From Straight Transcripton To VR
Mar 12, 2013

I just got hired onto an account that is both VR and straight transcription.  I've never done VR before and I'm a bit concerned about how it's going to affect my pay.  Can anyone give me their experience on this?  Looking at 0.04 cpl is daunting, because I type REALLY fast and I feel like I could almost straight type it for 0.08 cpl in the time it will take me to edit it.  For those of you who have experience with it, how did you feel as far as the income you w ...