A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

6.1 -- has your pay been effected? - need 2 know

Posted: Sep 16, 2010

Hey... I see a great number of transcriptionists have made the change.  I need to know if we are taking a financial hit by cooperating with this B4 I quit my job. 

I am open-minded and agreeable to change, but once my cash is messed with, I pick up my toys and go play somewhere else...

Mine hasn't because with the exception of the - physician lookup being different,

[ In Reply To ..]
I do everything exactly the same as before.

nope, quite the opposite - Mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found this upgrade to speed up my editing (I do about 90%) ASR because I now no longer have to remember or refer to what a particular client wants for headings - it is the list and the shortcuts work the same as before. Autonumbering speeds things up and is way easier to convert a paragraph into a list. I have had no upload/download or lookup slow downs. Weird. I like it.

Autonumbering question - Mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
So many of the lists I come across have a comma at the end of each diagnosis rather than a period. Does autonumbering fix that?

As the OP, I need to clarify my question - need 2 know

[ In Reply To ..]
For anyone who does straight typing with no ASR, such as myself, has there been a decrease in pay?

Nobody at MQ does straight typing with no ASR - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Pick up your toys and go play somewhere else troll.
I do. - Not the OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't do any ASR. Straight typing only.
Beg to differ, a dear friend of mine works at MQ - and does ALL STRAIGHT TYPING
[ In Reply To ..]
Hate to burst your confidence bubble, but you're incorrect in your assertion. My friend has worked for the Q for about 4-5 years now, on the same account she worked for prior to being outsourced to the Q, and the account continues to be all straight typing and she never runs out of work, either.

Depends on the account. You can't judge all MQ employees/accounts by your own personal experience.
there was nothing troll-ish in my post - OP -- need 2 know
[ In Reply To ..]
wow, what was that for? i felt i asked a perfectly logical question without any hidden agenda. yes, i do work straight lines only. please, no sour grapes. thank you to all who posted their input, good and bad -- greatly appreciated. i feel more reassured about this now.
imagine another MQ lie-sorry - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been told multiple times by multiple CCMs that ASR was mandatory (probably the same CCMs that say weekends are mandatory) and that no one was allowed just straight typing because they would have no work. Apparently that is yet another MQ lie and I am sorry I believed it.

Of course you will make more typing than on ASR no matter how much the Q touts it increases productivity. I would not imagine 6.1 affecting straight typing anyway other than the slowness, these changes were more for ASR and back-end editing. If you are fortunate to have a straight typing account then be thankful because you are making more money than anyone on ASR.

I apologize for my post- it is not your fault that my straight typing account went to 100% ASR and my income took a nose dive, nor is it your fault my CCM told me all accounts were ASR or going to ASR and there were no straight typing accounts anymore. Like I said, imagine that- another MQ lie!

re: need 2 know - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I do straight typing. I have had no pay change, no decrease in pay.

Weird is right - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
CCM sent an email with answers to questions our group had,specifically regarding the headings feature. Support told our group that the headings feature was not currently enabled and is available yet.

typo, should be headings NOT available yet - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Do you use your own computer or a MQ comp? - maltesemom

[ In Reply To ..]
The slowness seems to be getting MQ computer but is there at different times especially during long ASR reports.

Yep, it is slower and takes more time, thus - affects production.

[ In Reply To ..]

Are the line counts still off, or have they fixed that? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Has anyone compared lately? I know people were saying at first that the line counts didn't match up.

Similar Messages:

Affected Or Effected?
Oct 27, 2010

Lying on the affected or (effected) side.  Is there a simple little rule about this I need to know?  Thanks ...

Affected Vs Effected
Sep 18, 2014

D:  the chin itself will very likely not be dramatically affected by the face lift.   Maybe decaf coffee isn't a good idea after all.  Should this be affected or effected?? ...

Has Anyone Else Who Was Effected By The DQS Downage Sunday Been Given Any Downtime Pay? I HAVE NOT
Sep 29, 2010

I cannot believe this, I look on my schedule today and all the notes I put with Ticket numbers have been taken away and in their place 0 hours!!!!   I was one of many who could NOT work Sunday due to DQS being down, down, down, down.  Then we are told to wait until Support tells CCM when the time was.  Now I am only to assume I am royally sc***wed over again.   Did anyone else get the downtime we SHOULD HAVE?  So upset, so upset so upset so upset.  ...