A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What does PMI stand for? - db

Posted: Jun 11, 2010

Doctor is dictating a history and physical and says:  "HEART:  PMI is nondisplaced.  Auscultation demonstrates regular rhythm."  What is PMI.  Never heard this one before!

point of maximal impact - icmt

[ In Reply To ..]
googled - The point of maximal impact (PMI) is the location on the anterior chest wall where the apex of the heart is felt most strongly.

PMI - db

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks everyone! I couldn't seem to find an explanation anywhere.

I googled "PMI heart" and it came right up!! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

PMI - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
point of maximal impulse

From wrongdiagnosis.com
The normal point of maximal impulse, or PMI, should be routinely palpated in all patients during a cardiac examination. The normal PMI lies in the left midclavicular line between the fourth and fifth ribs, and normally is no more than 2ΓΆ€“3 centimeters in diameter. In the normal heart, the PMI represents the apical impulse of the left ventricle. Displacement of the PMI gives clues to the presence of abnormalities of the heart and, when coupled with inspection and auscultation, assists in correct diagnosis.

PMI - JulieBob

[ In Reply To ..]
Point of maximum intensity. Guess the crummy AHP course did teach me something!!

point of maximum impulse - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
or maximal impulse

Here is a great medical acronym/abbreviation website for you - MTPockets

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medilexicon.com/

You can put in the abbreviation and it will bring up a list or there is a place to put the meaning of the word and it will bring you the abbreviation/acronym. It is very useful.

Similar Messages:

What Does T&A Stand For? Or TNA?
Oct 16, 2009

This one's not on acronymfinder and I can't find it in my references.  A surgical procedure, T&A or TNA.  Thanks! ...

What Does The BOS Stand For?
Nov 09, 2009

nm   ...

What Does ASR Stand For? Nm
Jan 13, 2010

nm ...

What Does HON Stand For?
Apr 26, 2010

nm ...

What Does TTS Stand For? TIA Nm
May 13, 2010

nm ...

Stand Up
Nov 11, 2010

I know supervisors are overworked also in this field, but I wish supervisors would stand up for their workers.  Start communicating w/your MTs/Editors and Go to your higher ups and enlighten them on a few things - simply relay information to them but first you have to get it.  It would benefit us both greatly. Everywhere I have worked, supervisors only communicate 1-way.  They don't seek input, return e-mails, etc.  I guess if your at home your out-of-site and ...

What Does TAA Stand For? I'm Trying To
Jun 15, 2011

look it up again.  Seems it has disappeared from the top of the MQ thread?  Maybe the program ended?  I'm wondering what the requirements are?  I'm sure you can't quit and receive benefits.  But what about being fired?     ...

What Does EVJ Stand For
Aug 16, 2011

what does EVJ stand for? regarding kidney stones, uropathy. i am sure it is the docs short version of something. any ideas? ...

What Does This Stand For?
Jan 06, 2012

DO Something. Stand Up For Yourselves And Others! LM
Jan 20, 2013

I know the job market for MTs is not like it used to be, but I am an ex hospital employee who lost her job to the big NuISance, too. If they continue to get good MTs for a pittance, they'll keep up their monopolystic tactics. In the time I worked for them, they ate up Transcend, WebMedEx, and Accentus (which was about the last company offering decent benefits, based in Canada). If they can't get good MTs, they'll have to mend their ways, but as long as their door keeps revolving, ...

What Does BOB Stand For?
Mar 23, 2013

Not an MM employee, but would love to know what BOB means. I know it has something to do with your job queue...TIA! ...

What Does NJA Stand For?
Apr 23, 2013

When you mention NJA, (saw it on Indeed.com), does anyone know what it stands for? ...

What Does QC Stand For?
Jan 10, 2014

Calcium acetate 1334 mg p.o. qc (or QC or q.c.) ...

Stand-by Pay
Nov 29, 2014

I think every MT who is subjected to sitting and waiting for work that is not there should be paid for stand-by time.  Who do these criminals think they are that they can continue to use people like pawns.  If absolutely everybody would submit an invoice for all the idle hours spent waiting for work, it would bankrupt them. ...

We Need To Stand Together.
May 28, 2015

Without us VR is worthless. We are valuable and deserve to be respected for our knowledge, talent, and experience and compensated fairly for this. The powers that be will succeed in cheating us of our ability to provide for families and our dignity, if we allow it. I am going back to school and getting out of it altogether after 23 years. I see no other way. Any suggestions? ...

Don't Be Afraid To Stand Up For Yourselves...
Dec 30, 2009

What has happened to us as an MT community.  Whenever someone speaks up with anything negative (but factual) about this so-called profession, there is always someone there to belittle the person, or give the old (my personal favorite) just shut up, take it, and LOVE it attitude.  We have absolutely NO  POWER left whatsoever? Is this true? Can this be  -  in our great country - are we just lying down and accepting all that is happening. We are allowing ourselves to go ba ...

What Does FTNB Stand For?
Oct 11, 2010

What does the abbreviation FTNB stand for?   Thx ...

What Does MTSO Stand For?
Mar 07, 2011

What does MTSO stand for? ...

What Does The R Stand For In Front Of The Job #?
Mar 16, 2011

Hi - Had 2 transcriptions from a new hospital, and both had an R encased in a box in front of the internal job number.  Anyone know what this means? TIA ...

Do I Have A Leg To Stand On If I Argue This
Jul 27, 2011

as of 07/24 we all started on our "new" pay scales.  I started work this morning, first thing I checked was my stats and I have THREE critical errors and the dreaded e-mailing that I failed audit... my first ding is on a verbatim report:  X-Fix corrected to ex-fix.  Now, I know that there is the Biomet X-fix device and that ex-fix is short for external fixator, but since at the beginning the doc refers to Biomet, I chose X-fix.  This should not be incorrect or critical error ...

Sit/stand Keyboard
Aug 26, 2011

Has anyone used a sit/stand keyboard? Not that I plan to stand much, but sometimes just want a change of pace. If so, what did you buy? i've seen some for more than $500 and some for $125. Need input please. ...

Will The Real Sm Please Stand Up?
Sep 09, 2011

I'm getting confused.  I read a post by "sm," and she (?)  comes across as even-tempered in style and conservative in viewpoint.   I read another post by "sm," and she (?) comes across as angry and argumentative with a liberal viewpoint.   Either "sm" has a split personality or there are 2 people using the same name.  Can we clear this up so we know who we're actually speaking to? ...

Okay, I Think It's Time For ALL OF US To Take A Stand On VR Pay.
May 25, 2012

Here's the bottom line, colleagues.  We're getting paid exactly what we deserve because we don't have the basic fortitude to stop it. I think, in particular, that women are abused with respect to pay and benefits in the workplace because we are NOTORIOUSLY GUTLESS when it comes to sticking up for ourselves. I had to think about this three times before the irony really struck me:  They pay us half rates for work that can be as difficult and time consuming as straight tr ...

Stand By For Further Developments
Sep 18, 2012

Just had an audit - first one in months.  Got a 99%+ but apparently I am sending too much work through to the hospital with blanks and I need to send more reports to QA.  Told them I would send more if they did not penalize me financially for doing so.  These accounts are the worst by far that I have ever done in over 40 years and I am not prone to hyperbole.  If they did not penalize me I would probably send 75% to QA.  They can accept my work the way it is, increase th ...

Sit/stand Workstations
Feb 18, 2013

I have a herniated cervical disk, and sitting exacerbates my pain.  I have been looking into a sit/stand workstation.  Anyone use one and is it helpful?  ...

What Does FIESA Stand For? TIA! (nm)
Jun 20, 2013

x ...

What If We Made A Stand From Our Own
Dec 29, 2013

And made a pact to F-11 every report that had say 5 ASR errors? Ha ha I can dream can't I? Never get everyone on board, but that would drive home our point. ...

What Does MTSO Stand For? (nm)
May 21, 2014

x ...

Patient Has Vaginitis With Likely S/l BPV. What Would This Stand For?
Oct 14, 2009

TIA :-) ...

Reynauds Or Raynaud's As A Stand Alone.
Feb 18, 2010

when not putting 'disease' or 'syndrome' after the word, do you put an 's or just and s at the end of the disease or syndrome? ie Reynauds or Reynaud's Parkinsons or Parkinson's.   Thanks ...