A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Vasectomy - s/l inter...... segment - hhh

Posted: Jun 13, 2015

Vasectomy procedure note.  

"Mucosa cautery was performed on both the testicular and abdominal end after cutting out an inter----- segment."  

and 

"then proceeded to perform mucosal cautery on both the testicular and then the abdominal end after cutting out the inter--- segment."

Two different files, same _____ in both.  Help!

You don't really say what the blank sounds like - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
so I could not hazard a guess, but if you stop to think about what is actually being done in this particular procedure and the anatomy involved and then listen again, you will probably arrive at the answer yourself.

Don't you think I already did that? - Hhh

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this for over 5 years. This is a new account, and I am not familiar with his normals or terminology, but don't you think that I already stopped and thought about the specialty, procedure, what it could be, etc???? A lot of people post what a word "sounds like." After all, this IS the WORD HELP BOARD. Did someone pee in your cheerios or something? If you cannot help me, then don't post a reply.

I hate to vent, but here it goes.....
A few weeks ago I posted something and got a really snobby reply from someone (probably you as well). I also replied stating that I wasn't going to post on here ever again because I felt that some people were just becoming very very rude on here. When I thought about it more, I decided I wasn't going to let that one jerk bring me down and posted a few more times. Then I get this rude reply. This is a great example of how one bad apple can spoil the bunch.

In this case, the file cut out right in the middle of the word, so I couldn't here it clear. It was the first vasectomy file I had ever typed and hoped to get some feedback I could actually put to use. Take my advice "SM" and go pee in someone else's cheerios.

The above poster was not rude...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think she was just trying to be helpful. Sorry you feel that way. All you had to say was no s/l because audio cut out AND in a case like that no one could have answered your question anyway and a blank would have been in order. Actually, your reply to her was vulgar (p, cheerios, etc.) and the height of rudeness. Just for future reference "SM" means see message and is not someone's way of signing off, so if you get replies from a lot of SMs, it's probably different people.
If she/he didn't mean it rude, then I apologize. - hhh
[ In Reply To ..]
If she/he didn't mean it rude, the I apologize, but I took it as a very smart alec-type of comment. Maybe it is just me, but I search and search and search some more before I even post on here. This is always my last resort. The information she/he gave me came across wrong to me because that info should already by implied. I didn't want to be told how to do my job; I just wanted opinions on what the blank could be. It fuzzed out in one file and I couldn't understand it in another file. This is something that is commonly dictated in his files and I had spent way too much time researching it. I wouldn't have lasted 5+ years as an MT if I didn't know how to search for a blank, taking into account the specialty, file type, etc.
trying to be helpful - have been on this board for 15+ years
[ In Reply To ..]
It has been my experience that when I get frustrated when visiting this board, it helps me to take a "vacation" and just not visit here for a while. Sometimes it is really something in my personal life causing me to react more strongly than is appropriate for what I am responding to here.

Just a thought.

I actually haven't been on this board much in the last two months other than a quick look at the word board, but I did notice you were posting a lot of questions. I'm not saying that posting a lot is bad of you - my observation is simply you do need a lot of help. My suggestion here is to offer another way of looking for answers (you may have already thought it this, IDK). When I was a newbie (less than 10 years exp), I kept anatomy books beside me. Nowadays you can have anatomy charts opened in a window on your computer if you like. In this example of performing a vasectomy, you could look at an diagram of where the instruments would be inserted and what specific anatomy was involved. I think that is what the person originally replying to you meant.

However, having said that, I hope that you understand the limitations of this board. If you can't hear something because of a sound quality issue, we can't help you, either. We can only guess. If you are not certain of what is being said, it is always, always preferable to leave a blank. We don't want you to be wrong and lose your job anymore than you want us to come off sounding like smart alecks.

I hope you find something positive in these posts that you can use in your long-term career, not just in the here-and-now.

Similar Messages:

Are Liver Lobes Segment IVB Or Segment 4B ??
Jan 18, 2011

:) ...

Vasectomy
Nov 26, 2012

I can't figure out what this word is.  I can't even really make out what it exactly sounds like! This is a bilateral vasectomy report.  Here is the sentence: The incision was not closed and will close by permitension. It s/l it ends in "tension" and starts with "perm-ary."   Thanks in advance.  ...

Proofing Of Vasectomy Procedure
Nov 19, 2009

I was wondering if someone could quickly proof and give me feedback on a vasectomy procedure.  This was a doctor with quite an accent and I am not terribly famiilar with some of the terminology for this type of procedure.  The left vas was grasped with a towel clip through the skin and a short linear incisoni was made down to the vas and the vas was cleaned of adventitial tissue.  Cautery was used to control the bleeding of the skin and around the vas.  The proximal end of t ...

Has Some S/l Inter Or Interior Topic Bone Ventrally
Sep 04, 2011

has some s/l inter or interior topic bone ventrally ...

Permanent Sterilization: Essure, S/l Iana, IUDs, And Vasectomy
Aug 17, 2010

Anyone know what this may be? S/l "I-ana" Not Mirena...Sentence says, "We discussed Essure, I-ana, IUDs, and vasectomy. TIA ...

? Segment
Sep 12, 2012

Hirschsprung's disease, endorectal pull-through, resecting the s/l aeonic segment   Thanks! ...

ST-T Segment Abnormalities?
Apr 23, 2012

Would this be right?  I've heard of ST-T-wave abnormalities but not ST-T segment.  It sounds like he is saying "ST-T," and is definitely saying segment.     ...

ST-segment Depressions V4-V6a
Oct 09, 2012

ST-segment depressions V4-V6a.  Is the "a" correct on the "V6"?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Did Anyone Watch 60 Minutes' Opening Segment
Oct 25, 2010

were out of work, their UE benefits had run out, and they were "too young to retire, but too old for rehire?"   That story was an eye-opening and scary.  ...

Grammar - Quick Reference That simplifies The Usage Of the Prefix Intra Versus Inter
Sep 12, 2010

Does anyone have a cheat sheet or a quick reference that simplifies the usage of the prefix intra versus inter.  Thank you in advance....! ...

Pelvic Exam Of Pregnant Woman_Aura ? Segment
Dec 21, 2009

Doctor says bimanual exam shows an anteflexed uterus, somewhat senstiive, aura ? segment was not easy to palpate for softness.  What is the name of the segment he is referring to?  ...

Doc Says "Inter Utero Spinal Cord Injury"
Oct 14, 2009

Doc says "Inter utero spinal cord injury"?  I cannot find interutero or intrautero spinal cord anything in my ref material?  Any ideas? ...