A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

V-tas in spine surgery? - TeacherturnedMT

Posted: Aug 16, 2011

Dictator is using autologous bone graft, cancellous allograft, and s/l V-tas or veetoss in a spinal surgery? Any suggestions? Thanks.

It is Vitoss - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Thanks! - Teacherturned MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the help!

Similar Messages:

Spine Surgery - Spinalgia Port?
Apr 01, 2011

This is a lumbar interbody fusion; sounds like a minimally invasive technique and he mentions what sounds like a "spinalgia port".  Any ideas?   TIA! ...

C-spine Disc Surgery; Sounds Like Copiose
Apr 07, 2011

... trabecular mesh cage.  The appropriate sized cage was then selected, stuffed in the middle with some _____ that had been impregnated with the patient's blood. Same word again a little later:  Some additional _____ was placed along the sides of the implant.  Care was taken to avoid any of the material going in towards the spinal canal. He said it quite clearly both times; sounded like co-pee-ose. Accent was on the first syllable. ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

LS Spine Or LS-Spine
Aug 05, 2010

I have always typed "C-spine, T-spine, and LS-spine," but today i came across something that made me question it.  Should i be using the hyphen or not???? ...

CT C-spine
May 25, 2011

Circumferential osteophyte disc complex, with a more focal left central disc s/l bar, results in moderate to severe canal stenosis. ...

C-spine Laminectomy
Dec 16, 2009

D: A small incision was carried out from C2 to C1. Hemostasis was obtained with bipolar and Bovie cauterization. __________ was placed in the wound and a supraperiosteal dissection was carried out, identifying the lamina of C3 to C7.The blank, after listening four hundred times, still sounds like "wheat liner" but this guy speaks at the speed of sound, so I am stumped and unfamiliar with ortho surgery.Any help is gratefully appreciated. ...

MRI Cervical Spine Help
Jan 25, 2010

text: The patient is status post diskectomy, _________ interbody fusion, with an anterior fixation plate extending from C4 to C6. sounds like salunite? ...

Wrist X-ray / Spine
Mar 01, 2010

X-ray findings were obtained and reviewed today.  These demonstrate a solid fusion of his distal radius with excellent consolidation of all his carpal bones.  His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself; the "dairy J"? appears to be well-preserved.  There is callus formation over the radius. Please HELP!!!! "Dairy J" ...

C-spine MRI Reading
Mar 07, 2010

Sentence dictated as "She also has a small C5/6 {s/l DISS}."  He's really emphasizing the "ISS" sound. I know it would make sence for it to be disc, but the sentence sounds incomplete to me? I feel like there should be herniation or protrusion or bulging at the end of the sentence if it were "disc"?  Could the "diss" sounding word be short for something? Thank you!! ...

MRI Of Cervical Spine Help Please
Mar 09, 2010

Multilevel mild disc _____ are present.  There is minimal disc bulging at C4-5.  I cannot give a s/l because he is running it together but the word does end in "cations," if that helps. TIA ...

Exam Of The Spine - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Exam of the spine showed no s/l **hair or cutaneous lesions**.  Clinically well aligned.  Full ROM.   ...

X-rays Of Spine
Jun 26, 2011

There is noted to be significant degenerative changes at the L5-S1 level on the pelvic x-ray. Visualization of the more **collateral** lumbar spine is not able to observed on this x-ray.  tia  ...

Cervical Spine X-ray
Sep 06, 2010

Impression:  S/L Flowing anterior marginal osteophytes from C5 to C7; this may reflect underlying diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Thank you in advance... ...

MRI Cervical Spine
Sep 30, 2010

Am I hearing this right.... uncofacet spurring.  If so, should it be hyphenated.  Spell checker red lines it.  Thanks in advance... ...

X-ray Of The Lumbar Spine
Nov 30, 2010

Total (sat ?) images of the lumbar spine were performed. ...

Lumbar Spine X-ray
Sep 27, 2011

An evaluation of her spine on 08/04/11 with an x-ray revealed a retrolisthesis of L3-L4 with a s/l disk-I-S.  Thanks . ...

Spine Procedure
Dec 02, 2011

has anybody ever heard of this?  s/l Evo 3C ??  many thanks Transverse process was decorticated, along with the sacral ala bilaterally, then irrigated with copious amounts of irrigation. ...

Spine Herniation
Jan 04, 2012

C5-C6 herniated disc with flattening of the cord with a segment of molopathy explaining her symptoms. ...

S/l Aseated His Spine
Oct 31, 2012

I have sent him for a CBC with a differential, ESR, and a CRP to evaluate and make sure that he has not (s/l  aseated) his spine and caused an infection. ...

Cervical Spine
Jan 29, 2013

This is used twice in report and I can't find anything that comes close. The sentence is : There are inflammatory changes and s/l flam-on around the C4 to C5 vertebral bodies. Any help is appreciated! ...

Spine Fusion
May 09, 2013

Sentence is: Right posterior fusion L4-5, S1 with __________ screw between S1 and L5. s/l "axfix"  He says it very clearly, almost like two words "axe" and then "fix". Thanks for any help!     ...

S/l Anterior Spurulex Spine
Nov 06, 2009

It is a hernia operation.  It sounds like incision was made between the "anterior spurulex spine and the pubic....." ...

Cervical Spine S/l Os Aput
May 13, 2010

tenderness in the paraspinal musculature at the s/l os aput. ...

Radiology MRI Lumbar Spine
Sep 15, 2010

There are (S/L paired) pedicle screws and posterior fusion rods at L4, L5 and S1 with resulting susceptibility artifact. Thank you in advance... ...

Cervical Spine Dictation
Nov 11, 2010

Doctor dictates "at C6 C7"  Is this typed C6-7? Or C6, C7?  Thanks ...

Lumbar Spine With A Blithe?
Jan 13, 2011

Hello! :) I am transcribing radiology reports, and the dictator starts off with something that sounds like: "Lumbar spine (with a blithe/blythe)." Any idea what the "with a blithe, " might be? ~Lotte Hello! :) I am transcribing radiology reports, and the dictator starts off with something that sounds like: "Lumbar spine (with a blithe/blythe)." Any idea what the "with a blithe, " might be? ~Lotte ...

Question: Spine Style
Dec 12, 2011

For whatever reason, this information has just decided to take a vacation from my brain! When the doctor talks about "bilateral facet arthropathy at L4-5" …… should I make it "L4-L5"?   Thanks! ...

Lumbar Spine Evaluation
Nov 07, 2012

She has fair active forward flexion activities of the lumbar spine without positive ______________ (s/l help) signs upon spinal extension ...

Help! In PE, Doc Says S/l Spine Occult Scoliosis?
Jan 29, 2015

He does mention earlier in history that the patient has scoliosis, but spine occult? Never heard that one before! ...

S/l DJD Of Cervical Spine With Cervalgia And TMJD.
Apr 30, 2010

is cervalgia a real word?  I can't find it in my dorlands or any trustworthy place.  Thanks!   Abby ...