A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To quote or not to quote? - je suis MT

Posted: Jan 11, 2010

Dictation on a patient in the ICU:  "...sedation held for drug holiday...". 

Should the words "drug holiday" be in quotes because it's a slang term?  I know it's a legitimate form of medical therapy, and have heard the term thus used. 

Thanks for any/all input. 

I just type drug holiday. Phrase has been around for years and years. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
What I would do. Have never seen it writtn in quotes etc.

Thanks (nm) - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
(nom)

Quotes ? - Tedem

[ In Reply To ..]
No... that phrase is a fairly common one used in regard to pharmacologic issues. (30+ yr exp.)

Similar Messages:

Because Or 'cause In A Quote
Sep 27, 2010

The doctor always quotes the patients as saying cause instead of because:  "Cause I didn't want to do it."  Do I type 'cause instead of because since it is a quote or just leave as cause.  Thanks. ...

Quote Of The Day
Apr 01, 2013

"Nothing is really work, unless you would rather be doing something else." ~ James M. Barrie So true. So very, very true. Love that James Barrie. ...

To Quote
Apr 08, 2013

Fluency supports transcriptionists and editors by facilitating the management of multiple labor sources (outsourced, in-house, hybrid) with varying workflow needs. Taken from the website. Do you think this suggests that at day̢۪s end when the docs download a ton of work most of it is outsourced? Could explain NJA. ...

Contractions In A Quote?
Oct 05, 2010

If the Dr. is quoting somebody else and uses a contraction, do you transcribe verbatim or expand the contraction. Ex: ...she got the advice to "don't be on it that much". Do I leave it don't or change it to do not? ...

Fluency Direct Quote On MModal Facebook Page
Jul 18, 2013

I use Fluency Direct while I talk with patients in the exam rooms. I talk to the patients and dictate right into the system. A lot of patients think it is kind of cool that the software is doing the dictation. When I walk out of the room, my chart is kind of done." KIND OF???????? ugh ...

This Sounded Familiar. It's A Quote From A Popular TV Series In The Late 1980s.
Nov 30, 2012

Episode Street of Shadows of The Twilight Zone series, originally aired 1/21/1989. CONSULTANT:  Very nice, very nice indeed. OWNER:  You’ll notice the growth in the 4th quarter profits. CONSULTANT:  Yeah, I can see that, but I still want the audit pushed through.  If there is any way we can cut back on expenses (salary, budget, personnel), do it. OWNER:  I have to tell you that there’s going to be some opposition.  They say they’re down to the ...

Doc Dictates "F" Word, Direct Quote, In Psych Eval? How Would You Type?
May 18, 2012

I'm typing a psych eval. Doc  dictates the patient states "I don't give a f**k" I can't find the rules for typing profanity in BOS, but I did find in the psych eval section to type it as quoted. Anyone else know any different??? ...

Don't You Hate It When The Doctor Says, "quote" But
Dec 31, 2011

never says "unquote," and you're left having to guess where the quotation ends?  Sometimes it's obvious, but other times, it could be anywhere. ...