A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho sentence - does this sound right? - London Vikings Falling Down....

Posted: Dec 17, 2009

The patient (it's a child - age 16 - punched a wall) is able to fully spread his fingers to (s/l) "listen".  He has a fracture of the fifth metacarpal.  He also has full flexion and extension

Thanks in advance.  Have a great day!!!  Hope your weather is warmer where you are.  It's bitter here in Ohio.  Yuck!  :-)

could it be spread fingers distally? Just a guess. nm - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Possible. Thanks! - Viking hopeless optimist

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

Similar Messages:

How Would This Sentence Sound Correctly?
Oct 13, 2009

Dr says:   He did have, while after a long day of hiking at Philmont, he had decided to stretch himself out and had jumped up and was holding a bar or treetrunk with his feet off the ground, he then developed lightheadedness and a loss of consiousness. I am having brain block.. and nothing looks right. After a long day of hiking at Philmont, he had decided to stretch himself out and had jumped up, and was holding a bar or tree trunk with this feet off the ground. He then dev ...

Ortho Sentence Question
Jul 09, 2012

This left her right elbow in a position of decreased extension and she does not have her typical carrying angle for the elbow. Of valgus position of the elbow, she has a varus position at the elbow. The last sentence, does that make sense? I know valgus and varus are opposite. ...

ORTHO HELP - Let's Try Again With The Full Sentence - See Inside!
Nov 23, 2009

"I have discussed with the family and I have anticipated approximately a 4 to 5 cm difference of the possibility that pan-genu epiphysiodesis at the appropriate time for ultimate equalization." ...

ORTHO - Please Look At This Sentence To See If It Makes Sense To You?
Nov 23, 2009

I have discussed with the family that I anticipate approximately a 4 to 5 cm difference, and the possibility of pan-genu epiphysiodesis at the appropriate time for ultimate equalization.     ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

Sentence Help ..
Nov 12, 2009

He was placed on levodopa therapy. With this, both him and his wife noticed his gait improved as well as the tremor. He has actually run out of this over the last 4 or 5 days and it may be a little bit of worsening.    That is typed as dictated, I am stumped as to cleaning it up. Also.. 'both him and his wife' does not sound right to me? or is it right. ...

Does This Sentence Look Right?
Nov 13, 2009

There is no weakness, overt numbness, loss of balance, loss of bowel or bladder, speech difficulties, visual difficulties, or lateralizing weakness. ...

Help With Sentence?
Nov 18, 2009

The next step is to obtain a CPK previous and then 1 after exercise.   Would you change 'previous' to before? ...

Help With A Sentence...do I Have It Right?
Feb 12, 2010

Here's what I hear...Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement with myasthenia gravis.  Not sure if it sounds like "in" or "and".  Which is correct?  Thanks for any help! ...

Help With Sentence
Mar 02, 2010

He had multiple facial fractures including bilateral  number three fracture, ligament injury in C7-T1, left hand fracture, T9 compression fractures, multiple rib fractures, right clavicular fracture, and left second metacarpal fracture.  Does this make any sense?  I have no idea what a number three fracture is, but he says it pretty clearly. ...

I'm Not Sure What To Do With This Sentence...
May 14, 2010

I'm transcribing a dictation by an Asian doctor and I'm unsure what to do with this sentence. I'm pretty sure it is exactly what he is saying.  "...drainage from her right ear 2-3 days ago. This happened after her swimming 2-3 days or had all this drainage."  The part I'm unsure about is after the first period.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!! ...

Another Sentence Help
Jul 21, 2010

does this make sense: She is now really reliving true abuse, and we will work with her. ...

Not Sure About This Sentence?
Dec 26, 2010

Heart rate PS1 S2, somewhat irregular. not sure if I am hearing Heart rate or something else... ...

REALLY??? Next Sentence
Nov 18, 2011

ok, so I had a 20-minute dictation by a DOCTOR, albeit a resident, but still...he actually said "next sentence" at the end of EVERY SENTENCE.  I just want to type verbatim for ONE DAY... ...

Sentence
Jul 26, 2012

The infant has a history of Don A Barro syndrome.  Sorry I did not put it in sentence form last time.  Thank you. ...

Sound Is So Low
May 24, 2011

My manager said the low sound was fixed, however, I have reports coming in timed right now and the sound is still extremely low.  I am on the West Coast.  Anyone out here having problems still with the low sound?  I can't hear the doctors! ...

I Just HAVE To Sound Off A Little Bit.
Nov 15, 2014

.....dangled in front of me only to have it yanked away shortly!  I am tired of not knowing from one day to the next whether there will be work or whether I will even HAVE a job!!!!  Tired of chasing after work that does not exist!  There MUST be SOMETHING out there for a 50+ year old person with 20+ years of medical transcription experience to be able to support themselves on, but if there is, I have not found it yet!  I have said this before, and I will say it aga ...

Take Out Repeat Sentence?
Oct 15, 2009

Peripheral neuropathy. I am going to go ahead and obtain a glucose tolerance test.   Ulnar neuropathy. He is tentatively scheduled, according to his report, to have decompression done by Dr. Labosky.   I am going go ahead and obtain a glucose tolerance test. ...

How Would You Word This Sentence?
Oct 19, 2009

Abdominal CT showed atherosclerotic changes in the aorta, multilobulated mass in the iliopsoas muscle hematoma, and extensive sigmoid diverticulosis but no diverticulitis.   TIA!!! ...

How To Word This Sentence?
Oct 30, 2009

When first seen, she had a very clear right-sided rest tremor, decreased right arm swing, and a right with gait, fairly significant posture instability, and mild increased tone on the right side with an otherwise normal exam. ...

Sentence Breaks
Nov 12, 2009

Hello to all MT posters- - Am wondering about tips about sentence breaks and comma use. Any advice/guidelines when the doctor is running fast and sentence breaks and paragraphing don't seem obvious? -Thanks to the MT's that give advise in a  professional manner. So many of the newbie posts hit right at home. -Still waiting for my AIM internship to start. Has anyone interned with AIM?   Diane   ...

Sentence Spacing
Nov 19, 2009

HI, I need to know if there are supposed to be 2 spaces between sentences. I was always taught in word there was one. I need to know because I edit. ...

How Would ASR Handle A Sentence Like This?
Dec 07, 2009

I am just wondering how would ASR interpret this sentence... "The patient was able to cite the exact site and moment when he lost his sight." ...

Punctuation Help In Sentence
Dec 11, 2009

I hope I posted this in the right place.  If not, my sincerest apologies. I'm curious - how many of you put a comma after the phrase "At this time", i.e. At this time, the patient was discharged to home, as opposed to At this time the patient was discharged to home. I used to know all of this stuff but it's been 34 years since I graduated high school.  LOL.  I had some great English teachers but the memory fades with age......  :-) Thanks in advance!  Have a ...

How Would You Punctuate This Sentence?
Dec 28, 2009

Week #1 she had fatigue, muscle aches for which she used Advil, lightheadedness, and some depression.    Specifically the part about "muscles aches for which she used Advil."  I want to put another comma in there, but it doesn't look right to me. ...

Unsure Of Sentence
Jan 19, 2010

unsure of punctuation and also the last sentence. I typed all as dictated, but think there should be a comma after femur, and no fractures noted as a separate sentence. Any ideas? tia.   X-rays of the pelvis and hip show some degenerative changes in the right hip greater than the left with narrowing of the joint space and osteophyte formation around the head of the femur.  The greater trochanter and intertrochanteric area no fractures are noted.   ...

How To Type This Sentence? Pre- ?
Mar 22, 2010

However, on bladder imaging, her postvoid residual pre- was 340, after urination it was 212. ...

Unsure Of The Sentence.
Apr 07, 2010

There is some weakness and tenderness in the supraspinatus portion of the rotator cuff.  She also has s/l with some___ inferior traction a catching sensation over the inferior aspect of her shoulder the glenohumeral joint.  She also gets this too from a neutral to an abducted position of the shoulder.   the s/l sounds like with some and the rest of the sentence doesn't seem to fit correctly. Something seems to be missing even though I typed exaclty what the doctor said. tia ...

How Do I Punctuate This Sentence?
Apr 21, 2010

Can someone please tell me how to correctly punctuate this sentence! Are the commas in the right spots or not? Thank you!!! There was a 2 cm, oozing, obviously infected crusty purulent lesion on the right forearm. ...

Sentence Structure?
Jun 25, 2010

"Seven screws were used 6 of them bicortical in the most distal unicortical cancellous screw." Does this make sense? Should there be a comma or semicolon between used and 6? ...