A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Monitoring for epidural steroid injection - frustrated

Posted: Aug 06, 2013

I'm doing a report for an epidural steroid injection for a doctor who speaks extremely fast.  I've done reports for him in the past but can't seem to find my sample reports for him - they seem to have disappeared into thin air!  I really don't want to have to send it to QA.  I'm hoping someone can help.

He says:  "A timeout was performed.  _____ monitoring _____ blood pressure and pulse oximetry were placed." 

Any ideas?  Thank you. 

blanks - help

[ In Reply To ..]
Need some help here, what does it sound like?

Do you have any sounds like at all? nm - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Steroid Injection Clarification
Jan 17, 2014

I have an orthopedist testifying re an subacromial steroid injection for bursitis. He says, "I need a 43 and 3," in re to the shot itself. I can't find anything on this. I am only guessing that 43 is a milligram or dose, and 3 might be the size of the needle? I don't know how to write this. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

During An Epidural Injection
Jun 14, 2011

Doc states, "The epidural space was easily identified. No [s/l seesep], paresthesias, or heme was noted. Following negative aspiration...." ...

Epidural Injection Question
Mar 30, 2011

It is some sort of solution sounds like omipeg?  1 mL.  ...

Epidural Injection Blank
May 27, 2015

This is an epidural injection report.  Doc says, "A total of 8 mg of Decadron diluted with 3 ml of s/l "preserved rophenol."    I can't find anything.  Anyone???? ...

S/l *Unafil* 400 Mg... Might Be A Steroid??
Feb 11, 2011

! ...

Epidural Level?
Dec 15, 2009

is planning on a lumbar epidural steroid injection. I am not sure of the level he is planning on. If it is at 4 5 or 5 6, I think he has a good chance of relief of arm pain ...

Epidural Technique
Mar 31, 2014

Lumbar epidural, sounds like "herbal ottman" technique. cannot find anything when I search for it. it always goes with using a glass syringe. ...

S/l,,,Scottie Dog And En Face Approach?? On Lumbar Epidural Pain Shot
Feb 13, 2012

new one on me ...

All This Monitoring Talk
Jun 24, 2010

I realize we work on production and that we're not making money when our fingers aren't moving, but I don't think there are too many jobs where you're actually actively working for the entire 8-hour shift.  There's always downtime.  I understand it being a problem if people aren't producing a reasonable amount of work during their shift, but come on!  Being chastised for stepping away from the keyboard for a bathroom break or to grab a cup of coffee i ...

Emails Monitoring How Much We Do
May 07, 2012

Well, I will not be reading these emails calculating how much time we are working and "goofing off."  They will only make me less motivated and quite frankly angry.  I am not a robot, there are times after a long difficult report that I have to step away from the computer to give my brain a few minute break.  As long as I do the required long count and then some, I will not concern myself with this emails. ...

ABOUT THIS MONITORING CRAP
Jun 30, 2012

About this monitoring crap.  Why aren't the docs monitored?  Why do we have to change our ways and they don't have to.  On ASR there are a couple of docs who dictate in the "wrong order" and I have to move everything around, cut and paste, do the caps thing, etc.  Almost all of them dictate in the order of the standard headers.  Some of these dictators change their mind 2-3 times in the same sentence not to mention they change their mind and you do not kno ...

Monitoring Schedules
May 26, 2013

Got a phone call yesterday from TL questioning my being short on my time card.  I had sent in OOW email etc and followed protocol as on that prior Saturday had run out of work which is typical for Saturdays with who I type for, but am still being questioned and was told to take PTO Time to make my 40 hours week.  Said that they were going over making sure everyone was working their assigned schedule.  ...

Statistical Monitoring
Sep 18, 2013

I was put on monitoring for "quality."  Supposedly my quality was under 99%.  Has anyone else had to do this? how long?  It's been a week now but I haven't heard not one word, no kind of feedback, no email, nothing.    ...

Remote Computer Monitoring?
Jan 28, 2010

My company just said they are going to have us install Remote Computer Monitoring and Management onto our computers for "HIPAA" and to make sure we are productive.  Does this allow them to monitor only while we are working or all of the time?  The company does not supply computers, these are our personal ones. ...

Question RE: Monitoring...what If We Are NOT In The DQsribe
Dec 01, 2010

Do they still monitor keystrokes and mouseclicks?  I.e., if I am in Google...or checking AOL email, are those keystrokes counted?  I do think giving real feedback on how lph is good, but I agree...it is creepy.  And what about breaks?  I have always just stayed in a job and taken a 20 min break and then come back.  Should we not do that?  It has never been really clear.     ...

Transcend's Sue And Others Monitoring Our Posts
May 17, 2011

Just thought I'd let you know that I received an email from Sue telling me that people are telling her to come to this site to see what people are saying.  She said that she values the MTs, even though they fall short (her words), and that she would like to discuss this with me.  Well, I'm not going to discuss anything with her as then my identity will be know, which will probably get me fired.  I just thought I'd let everyone from Transcend know they are watching, ...

S/l Moe Telemetry Monitoring - Is It Mohs? Sm
Jul 03, 2013

I do not hear an "S" though - just sounds like "moe"  Thank you  ...

Precordial Doppler Monitoring System
Apr 21, 2011

This is my first time posting, but I hope someone can help me.  Regarding precordial doppler monitoring system, I am not sure what to capitalize, if anything. Thanks in advance! ...

In Hosp For Formal F***s***al Monitoring . Pt 28 Weeks Pregnant.
Sep 19, 2012

x ...

Injection Being Given For
May 26, 2011

s/l quad-drat-a-lum-bore-um" spasm.  Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Symphony Injection
Feb 25, 2010

This injection is done by a rheumatologist.  Any ideas? ...

Aurdus Injection
Mar 28, 2010

or is it erudus?  thanks! ...

S/l Symphony 50 Mg Injection
Aug 30, 2010

patient was on Humira and was switched to s/l Symphony or Synthiny 50 mg injection, but it was higher in cost. ...

Injection Is Source Of
Mar 05, 2011

s/l "co-ki-heen" injection, most likely source of the patient's hepatitis C infection. thanks ...

Injection From Opthamologist
Jun 28, 2011

The patient's ocular pressure was normal. She received a "vas-kin" injection. ...

Periurethral Injection
Dec 15, 2011

Dictated:  "postprostatectomy incontinence that was refractory to two _____ periurethral injections and to a bone-anchored perineal sling"  S/L duracerin.  I think this is a "bulking agent" but cannot document it.  Found Durasphere, but it is for female only.  Any ideas? ...

Cortisone Injection
Jun 29, 2012

Doctor says 2 2 1 cortisone injection.  I can't verify how to transcribe the 221.  Maybe 2:2:1? ...

Entitled An Injection
Oct 20, 2014

I can not understand this sentence.  the area in quotation is what I am questioning.  help?  The right eye had mild verruca and "did entitle" an injection. ...

Injection Of The Knee
Nov 28, 2014

S/l a 22-gauge "spirided" needle inserted into the knee joint?  ...

Facet Injection Word Help
Jan 07, 2010

Doc is saying "Once within the facet joint, Kenalog, Marcaine, and lidocaine injected into the facet joints and another portion injected at __ point."  It sounds like he is saying Brogda's or Bogda's or something along those lines, and I have tried searching it many different ways, but just haven't come up with anything.  By the way, it's in the cervical spine, if that helps at all.  Thanks in advance! ...