A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Methotrexate dose? - sw

Posted: Aug 23, 2010

I'm having a little trouble with this medication dictation.  

"3.  Methotrexate 25 mg/mL 0.9 cc weekly injection."  Then she says "4 needles 1 mL (s/l u or unit)/125 g1."

What I can't figure out is if she is saying 4 needles or if she is dictating the #4 and "needles" is a medication that I can't find a match to online.  Can anyone shed some light here, please?

Nevermind...she was prescribing the needles for the injection. - sw

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Pulsed-dose/pulse Dose/pulsed Dose Fashion??
Jun 05, 2013

Hi, Its being said the patient wants to take Lamisil in a pulsed dose situation.  I was wondering if a hyphen is needed or not between 'pulsed' and 'dose'; or is it just 'a pulse dose' fashion?? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ...

Pulse Dose Or Pulsed Dose
Dec 07, 2010

We will give the patient a pulse dose (or pulsed dose?) of 20 mg IM Lasix. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Methotrexate S/l Seven 25 Mg Tablets Weekly
May 31, 2011

x ...

How To Write "methotrexate 700 Mg Over Six Hours"
May 18, 2010

would it be methotrexate 700 mg/6h ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Necon Dose
Oct 27, 2011

The doctor is clearly saying Necon 1-4-slash-325, but I am finding the dose to be 1/35. ...

Medication Dose - O.a. O.d.
Nov 16, 2013

doctor is listing medications, Lasix 40 mg daily, atorvastatin 80 mg daily, Inderal 120 mg o.a. o.d.   has anyone heard of o.a. ?   tia! ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Nitroglycerin Dose Translation
Jul 28, 2011

looking for help with dosing verbage:  Dictated:  Nitro one one 50th sublingual.  googled and saw nitro 1 50 but would rather hear from an MT...  Any ideas how to transcribe this?  Thanks in advance for all help.  ...

Pristiq Dose 2 - 25 Mg Daily Or 225 Mg?
Aug 02, 2011

Hey all, I am trying to figure out if Pristiq can be dosed at 225 mg?  The website I use for dosing doesn't say that.  The doctor says, "two twenty-five mg daily."  He doesn't say two hundred and twenty-five mg daily.  However, I see that Pristiq comes in 50 mg, so if the dose was 50 mg why would he say 2 - 25 mg?  LOL!  Just checking to see if anyone has an idea. Thanks, Chris ...

Diabetes Med Dose Timing A.c. And B.s. Wbs
Feb 28, 2014

If a doctor dictates  Glucotrol 10 mg p.o. a.c. and b.s.   - i got the a.c.   but what does the b.s mean?  I thought maybe b.s. was before supper, but that would not make any sense.  before meals and before supper? AND Metformin 1000 mg p.o. WBS - what is WBS and how is it correctly "written"  w.b.s.,  WBS, wbs?? ...

Radiation Dose Reporting - Sm
Jul 21, 2014

Regarding the DLP - I've seen it written variously mGy-cm, mGy•cm and mGy.cm.   Becuase it's a product, my inclination is think that the second (with the dot used as in mathmetical publications to indicate multiplication) is correct but just not sure.  Anyone have a definitive answer & reference?   Thanks :)  ...

Titrate Nitroglycerin Dose To Pink 3???
Nov 10, 2010

nm ...

Psych Medication S/l: BENAP (dose 12 Mg P.o. Q.a.m. And 18 Mg P.o. Q.h.s.)
Jun 04, 2013

pt. has delusional thoughts, depression and difficulty concentrating.  drugs include s/l: BENAP (dose 12 mg p.o. q.a.m. and 18 mg p.o. q.h.s.) thanks for any help! ...

Is It "high-dose Rate" Or "high-dose-rate" Brachytherapy.
Jul 29, 2010

:) ...

Alginate Donor Lymphocyte Infusion Dose
Aug 30, 2010

Would I write the following with subscript? I thought subscript was frowned upon. Would I abbreviate part of "per cubic gram patient weight" The patient received a total of 224 x 10 to the eighth nucleated cells or 0.37 x 10 to the eighth with a total CD 3 dose of 16.96 x 10 to the sixth per cubic gram patient weight. ...

Epilepsy Drug. ESL. We Can Try S/l AP Tune (no Dose, But Says Something Like A 1-time Usage) Nm
Aug 11, 2014

Another clue, populated by VR as Pap June ...

Her High Dose Of SSRI Would Most Likely Have S/l Un-master) Into A More Chronic Manic State.
Nov 19, 2009

thanks guys!!! ...

Radiation Oncology: 36 Gy Is Not Necessary, And Lowering The Dose To 25 To "thirty Sixty"
Jun 05, 2010

It may be that a total dose of 36 Gy is not necessary, and lowering the dose to 25 to 30/60 may be an appropriate approach, if there is a CR to chemotherapy. ...

High-dose Ifosfamide Per The Cedars-Sinai "T18 Or TAT" Regimen.
Jul 06, 2012

Given his metastatic disease, he started systemic therapy with high-dose ifosfamide per the Cedars-Sinai "T18 or TAT" regimen.  Pt with pleomorphic sarcoma.   ...