A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help please with type of lesion ... sm - anon

Posted: Jan 30, 2011

It is dictated "There is a lesion on top of her head that is leaking some type of material.  It looks like a S/L cary, kery, carian or kerian or an abscess.

TIA

Lesion - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's a possibility...

Bartonellosis is an infectious bacterial disease with an acute form (which has a sudden onset and short course) and a chronic form (which has more gradual onset and longer duration). The disease is transmitted by sandflies and occurs in western South America. Characterized by a form of red blood cell deficiency (hemolytic anemia) and fever, the potentially fatal acute form is called Oroya fever or Carrion's disease. The chronic form is identified by painful skin lesions.

Thank you both for your answers, I had to flag it and send to QA and received (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
an email back stating that it was a kerion lesion. That is a first for me and I have been doing this for over 23 years, LOL.

Thanks again so much!

lesion - keratin? - ts

[ In Reply To ..]
keratin?

help with type of lesion - dd

[ In Reply To ..]
Might it be seborrheic keratosis

Similar Messages:

POPS Lesion? Oleay-type Incision? Anyone Familiar With These 2 Terms?
Nov 11, 2010

The POPS lesion is on the peroneal longus tendon.  I can't find it anywhere.  The s/l Oleay incision is for excision of the anterior process of the calcaneus. ...

BOS3 Question, Is It 3-cm Lesion Or 3 Cm Lesion?
Apr 30, 2010

I have the BOS2 which says the hyphenation should be "a 3-cm lesion," but "the lesion measures 3 cm."  I was recently told that the BOS3 changes this and now they don't want hyphens in there at all. I don't have the money to buy the BOS3 yet, but if there is anybody who does have it, would you be able to tell me what it says about hyphenating or not hyphenating this?  Have they changed this now? ...

10 Cm Lesion
Jul 05, 2012

Is it 10-cm lesion or 10 cm lesion? ...

S/l Pencardic Lesion
Nov 02, 2009

When referring to a patient with lymphoma a dr. refers to a "pencartic lesion".  Anyone have any suggestions?  I have tried all the spellings I can think of! ...

Knee Lesion
Nov 04, 2010

s/l he is saying tarvis lesion of the knee of NOF type.    Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Flatblack Lesion
Dec 29, 2010

Findings at the time of surgery revealed a chondral injury to the medial femoral condyle about grade 2 to 3 out of 4 with a S/L flatblack lesion. TIA ...

Nasal Lesion
Aug 02, 2011

There does appear to be a raised, s/l "pearl-ic" character to it. ...

T-status Of The Lesion.
Nov 02, 2012

Hi, The physician says "I recommend we do need to complete staging with a PET CT scan and endoscopic ultrasound to determine T-status of the lesion."    T-status is the correct term or can it be anything else? Thank you ...

Vocal Cord Lesion
May 21, 2010

In a report of a flexible laryngoscopy. The left vocal cord had an obvious s/l ex-u-dat-i-cal lesion along the entire length. Cannot find reference.  Please help if you can.  Thx! ...

S/l Tip-tick -- Oral Lesion
Jul 12, 2011

This is probably something painfully obvious that is escaping me.  Young male who bit his lip.  exam "Slight (s/l typtic) area on the lip."  Treatment recommended is Orabase and salt water cleansing.   ...

Cam Lesion Femoral-femora?
Jan 17, 2012

Pelvic x-rays:  Early DJD with cam lesions on both s/l femoral femora.  I cannot document the s/l.  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Excision, Lesion Right Lower Leg
Mar 31, 2012

Can anyone help with my missing word..sounds like drrav... Lesion was excised in full thickness manner taking a cuff of normal-appearing skin with it. The ___ skin under localization was done prior to full thickness excision. ...

Rectal Lesion - ? Acronym - Psm
Apr 03, 2012

Rectal exam reveals 2 irritated s/l KOFFA-like lesions noted at the rectum.  These do not appear to be thrombosed hemorrhoids.  A: Probable anorectal HPV. P: Treat with Aldara cream. Thanks for your help. ...

Cam, Cam, Or CAM Lesion Of The Femoral Head?
Dec 31, 2012

I find it in all three forms when I look it up. Mayo Clinic site has cam lesion. Thank you in advance. ...

Toxar Periventricular Lesion
Apr 04, 2014

periventricular lesion, question toxar, question lymphoma ...

Lesion - Surgical Technique Help Needed, Thanks. Sm
Oct 23, 2010

Lesion has a pedunculated top, could be skin cancer.  She may need a s/l mol/mal/maw surgery technique.there is I've looked through the books I have, and tried with key words, but can't find anything that I trust fully.  It doesn't sound like he's saying mole, but that's the only thing I can think of. Thanks for any insight. ...

Excision Of Right (temple Or Temporal) Lesion?? Cannot Tell Which He Is Saying.
Feb 15, 2011

x ...

History Of GI Bleed S/l Dulaphoid Lesion?
May 23, 2011

This is just listed as part of the history so I do not have much to go on otherwise. ...

S/l Intracranial *bullied* Mass Lesion??? Thanx. Nm
Nov 15, 2011

nm ...

Patient Should Have A S/l Ray Biopsy Of The Primary Lesion Cytoscopically. TIA Nm
Nov 22, 2009

xx ...

*Ian’s* Canal Lesion On The Right Or Ulnar Neuropathy On The Right. Thanks. Nm
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Shoulder SLAP Lesion Repaired With S/l Juggernaut?
May 05, 2010

Dr. Mush-mouth is on today, s/l juggernaut, jogger knot, jugger knot...can't find this anywhere. ...

Need Plastic Surgery (skin Lesion) Word Help, Please
May 20, 2010

I have recently started back to work and am having difficulty with a word and would love help.  This is regarding a lesion on a nose:    It is somewhat irregular in appearance and very well could represent a malignancy, especially given its rapid growth history.  However, this may also represent a _____________ acanthoma   (blank appears to begin with an N or possibly an M)   Thanks a million for any and all help!  ...

S/l 'Dula-Foley' Lesion In The Gastric Cardia
Jul 29, 2010

This is an upper endoscopy and he says possible ulcer or s/l 'Dula-Foley' lesion in the gastric cardia.   My brain is broken because I have been working since 9 a.m and it is now 9:19 pm.  Thanks in advance for your help.     ...

S/l High Cele Lesion Of Cervix (for LEEP)
Nov 16, 2010

This pleasant 29-year-old gravida 1, para 0, A1, last menstrual period two weeks ago,has a high cele lesion of the cervix. This is very small at 6 o'clock. ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Oncology Upper Lobe FDG S/l Abbott Lung Lesion
Jun 24, 2010

The patient states that his new right upper lobe FDG s/l Abbott lung lesion was found on routine surveillance PET scan ...

X Biopsy Clip - Needle Localization - Breast Lesion - Rad MTs!!
Nov 12, 2010

The patient has had prior biopsy specimens and clips.  Could he be saying ex-biopsy clip in regard to prior biopsy clip?    Thanks!!! ...

MRI Of The Brain: There Is A 1 Cm Lesion In The Mesial Left Cerebellar Hemisphere With A *tuss* Of A
Oct 31, 2009

nm ...

Pt W/ Suspicious Lesion On Left Upper Back. We Did An (spells Out E-y-e- Excision"...
Nov 30, 2009

Thanks so much!!!! ...