A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lesion - surgical technique help needed, thanks. sm - Eva

Posted: Oct 23, 2010

Lesion has a pedunculated top, could be skin cancer.  She may need a s/l mol/mal/maw surgery technique.there is

I've looked through the books I have, and tried with key words, but can't find anything that I trust fully.  It doesn't sound like he's saying mole, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for any insight.

Something doctor just added...sm - Eva

[ In Reply To ..]
The reason he thinks the s/l mol technique is needed it due to the fact that the lesion has the potential to be disfiguring.

Thanks.

I believe he's saying Mohs - thanks. nm - Eva

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Maybe Mohs technique - nm - brb

[ In Reply To ..]
s

Similar Messages:

BOS3 Question, Is It 3-cm Lesion Or 3 Cm Lesion?
Apr 30, 2010

I have the BOS2 which says the hyphenation should be "a 3-cm lesion," but "the lesion measures 3 cm."  I was recently told that the BOS3 changes this and now they don't want hyphens in there at all. I don't have the money to buy the BOS3 yet, but if there is anybody who does have it, would you be able to tell me what it says about hyphenating or not hyphenating this?  Have they changed this now? ...

Help With MRI Technique, Please
Apr 14, 2011

Doc is doing an MRI of the foot and says the technique is:  "Long axis inversion recovery, sagittal T1, inversion recovery, and short axis fat suppressed proton density. " I have added the commas but I'm not confident about it AT ALL.  Any help, please?  Does anyone know of a web site that explains all this terminology?  Thanks! ...

MRI Technique - 3B
Jan 23, 2013

This is new to me - "axial diffusion weighted imaging with 3B values including b50, b500 and b1000."  In Googling this, I see both lower case (b50) and upper case (B50).  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks. ...

S/l Coogal Technique
Jan 13, 2010

left inguinal hernia repair via ________ technique....any ideas? ...

Is It Some New Management Technique Not To Say Thank You To
Sep 22, 2010

I'm a high producer and self starter. I don't need hand-holding.  But, geesh, it's just human nature to want to hear a sincere, individual compliment for a job well done sometimes, if for no other reason than it motivates me to do a better job and make the company more money.  At some point, it seems most management has started to treat the worker bees as enemies instead of part of the team.  It's short-sighted and lazy, and I know it has to be costin ...

S/l McKally's Technique
Dec 19, 2010

s/l McKally's technique   has to do with ACL injury ...

S/l Bullseye Technique
Mar 17, 2011

SI joint injected using the s/l bullseye technique ...

Questions On Your Technique
Jun 12, 2011

I am wondering what method you all use for transcribing.  Do you listen and type word for word, or do you listen to the complete thought before typing it?  Has anyone who was formally trained been taught a certain way?  Has anyone switched from technique to another and seen a difference one way or another?  I am continually trying to find ways to improve speed without a lot of success.  I am very frustrated and having difficulty paying my bills. Also, in case it co ...

Cardiology Technique
May 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of a rotoshaver (?) technique used in Cardiology? ...

A New Bypass Technique
Jun 30, 2011

Has anyone ever done a "pneumograph tunnel technique" for operation entitled  Two-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting.   2-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting?  Preop is left main coronary stenosis. ...

Koch Technique
Apr 30, 2012

What is the Koch technique?   ...

Epidural Technique
Mar 31, 2014

Lumbar epidural, sounds like "herbal ottman" technique. cannot find anything when I search for it. it always goes with using a glass syringe. ...

Commas In Echo Technique
Apr 10, 2010

Should there be commas in the following statement? Two-dimensional M-mode Doppler and color-flow studies are submitted. ...

Suture Technique Help Stat
Nov 02, 2010

s/l Dinardi Algar suture technique ...

S/l *Losser*-Stimson Technique
Jul 15, 2011

. . . a 14-gauge introducer needle was placed at T12-L1 intervertebral space with *Losser*-Stimson technique.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Tenascin Technique (for Infiltration)
Dec 19, 2011

Sounds like tenascin technique for infiltration of tissues during a procedure. Thanks in advance, unable to locate in books, and my software has not been reinstalled yet.   ...

*bite* Biopsy Technique
Apr 23, 2013

It sounds like *bite* biopsy technique. For polyp removal... Just checking this is a real thing and not just a stutter...Thanks for your help :) ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Reduction Mammoplasty, ? Bipedicle Technique
Aug 19, 2012

DIAGNOSIS:  PROCEDURE ON THE LEFT IS LEFT BREAST REDUCTION MAMMOPLASTY, 435 GRAMS, s/l "MIKISIC"  BIPEDICLE TECHNIQUE WITH WISE PATTERN.  MIKISIC ? ...

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

Bilateral Tissue {s/l Dransman) Technique
May 09, 2013

The sentence reads: reconstruction of a 4 cm sq defect with bilateral tissue {s/l Dransman} techinue. I am at a loss. Any suggestions? // // ]]> // ]]> ...

S/l Plo-a-see Technique Was Used To Bluntly Enter The Abdomen.
Feb 11, 2014

Procedure is exploratory laparotomy.  More context below. A Pfannenstiel skin incision was made sharply and carried down to the level of the fascia sharply.  _____ technique was then used to bluntly enter the abdomen.   ...

10 Cm Lesion
Jul 05, 2012

Is it 10-cm lesion or 10 cm lesion? ...

Brain Dead - Tic- Or Tick-bite Technique
Nov 17, 2011

I've typed this a bazillion times, but my brain just won't function tonight. Eye muscle surgery. Reattached using 'tic-bite' or 'tick-bite' technique? Thanks in advance. ...

S/l Pencardic Lesion
Nov 02, 2009

When referring to a patient with lymphoma a dr. refers to a "pencartic lesion".  Anyone have any suggestions?  I have tried all the spellings I can think of! ...

Knee Lesion
Nov 04, 2010

s/l he is saying tarvis lesion of the knee of NOF type.    Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Flatblack Lesion
Dec 29, 2010

Findings at the time of surgery revealed a chondral injury to the medial femoral condyle about grade 2 to 3 out of 4 with a S/L flatblack lesion. TIA ...

Help Please With Type Of Lesion ... Sm
Jan 30, 2011

It is dictated "There is a lesion on top of her head that is leaking some type of material.  It looks like a S/L cary, kery, carian or kerian or an abscess. TIA ...

Nasal Lesion
Aug 02, 2011

There does appear to be a raised, s/l "pearl-ic" character to it. ...

T-status Of The Lesion.
Nov 02, 2012

Hi, The physician says "I recommend we do need to complete staging with a PET CT scan and endoscopic ultrasound to determine T-status of the lesion."    T-status is the correct term or can it be anything else? Thank you ...