A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Drug the doctor says she thinks is Orapid? - West Coast Girl

Posted: Jul 21, 2010

Doctor says she thinks it is "Orapid"  I cannot find anything that sounds like that.  Ugh!

Can you give any more information - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]

Can you give any more information?  Diagnoses?  Dosage? 

It could be:

Orapred ODT is used for: Treating severe inflammatory conditions including allergies, arthritis, asthma, or skin reactions.  It may also be used to treat certain blood, adrenal gland, eye, respiratory, or bowel conditions.

EryPed - Erythromycin is in a group of drugs called macrolide antibiotics. Erythromycin fights bacteria in the body.  Erythromycin is used to treat many different types of infections.   

AeroBid - Flunisolide is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.  Flunisolide inhalation is used to prevent asthma attacks.

I have nothing. She is just listing drugs. No dosage. - West Coast Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
She doesn't give any dosage or what the drug is used for. She is just listing in the history. Sorry.

Could it be - Orapred? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Orapred --Thanks! I will listen again. - West Coast Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

Similar Messages:

Sentence Drug Help? I Have A New Doctor, And I Do Not Know How To Put Her Sentences..
Nov 24, 2009

Continue Sinemet tablet 25 mg to 100 mg orally 360 one tab q.i.d. 90 refills 3.   she actually says "25 mg dash 100 mg" but I put the "to" instead of "-"   I am not sure how to punctuate that sentence or break it up if needed?    thank you!! ...

Drug Doctor Is Saying "Verelan SR"
Jan 13, 2011

I am transcribing a list of drugs in a report, and it sounds like the doctor is saying "Verelan SR." I can't seem to find a listing for Verelan SR anywhere. Could he be saying the name of another drug? Is the SR part nonexistent for Verelan now? This is the context: "For hypertension, she is on Avapro 300 mg daily, Verelan (SR) 240 mg daily, and Lasix 80 mg daily. Her blood pressures are generally under 130/80." This patient has type 2 diabetes, if that helps any. ...

My Mom Thinks They're Going Under...
Aug 06, 2014

Just based on what I tell her regarding low work volumes, losing accounts, losing transcriptionists in droves, new names popping up everywhere, being forced to work on 5 accounts now, pickier and pickier fiesa (to keep more of us way from the bonus), etc., my mom thinks we're about to be sold to the next highest bidder. I don't know if I agree with her or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Anyone Who Thinks QC Is Invincible Should Like This One
Apr 10, 2015

One of the I-really-could-care less dictators wanted ciprofloxacin taken off the med list because patient was on Coumadin, so I took it off and the editor added it back in and gave me a 1.0 error because I omitted it. This would involve knowledge that Cipro is the same as ciprofloxacin and its possible danger to the patient. In their quest to find our errors, they are hurting patients. Proof positive! So don't let them tow their line of corporate malarkey. ...

Everyone I Meet Thinks I Have Such A Great Job...NOT
Mar 26, 2010

They say, oh wow you get to work from home, that's great. I wish I could.  Yeah it has it's perks and used to be fantastically flexible...key words "USED TO BE", now I'm tied to my desk, lost money, threat of money being taken away, company uses words like "lock down" -- isn't that a prison term??? Now I'm afraid to sneeze, breathe, take a bathroom break etc....GRRRR!  Just venting, everyone I know thinks my life is cushy...!!! ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...

From Below, It Floors Me That MTSO Thinks We Believe
Jan 03, 2012

:( ...

TSM Is Awfully Quiet Recently. Me Thinks They
Sep 19, 2013

are up to something.  I sense plotting and planning going on at corporate.  ...

Who Thinks Their Platform Is Fast And Efficient?
Jun 06, 2012

It seems that the platforms nowadays have all slowed down since many are used for the dual purpose of VR and transcription.  I used to use ChartNet years ago.  It was fast and efficient, and I loved it. Now I am on (another version I suppose) ChartNet again, and it is soooo slow to move from screen to screen, inserting cc's, demos, etc. that it actually makes me bored with my work.  I can't seem to get momentum going like I did on the old ChartNet without VR.& ...

Patient Has Train Morse. ASR Apparently Thinks
Aug 26, 2010

Is There Really Noone Who Thinks Taking The CMT Exam Is A Good Idea?
Jun 20, 2012

I am studying for the CMT exam, but the process is taking the joy out of my life.  I noticed that on a previous post, everyone unanimously voted NO regarding the question about whether the CMT is worthwhile anymore.  I am seriously considering dropping the idea of sitting the CMT exam.  Am I making a mistake?  (I really do not want to take jobs of increased responsibility in the field, just make sure I stay employed.)  I'd appreciate your words of wisdom. ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...

Doctor's Address
Oct 31, 2009

I need the address for Dr. Jill Rue, family doc in Kentucky or southern indiana. thx ...

Having So Much Trouble With This Doctor......
Jan 18, 2010

No. 2 of his impression is: Acute pancreatitis with probable cysts.  Rule out pseudocyesis or superimposed candidiasis.  The fullness of the cul-de-sac may be secondary to ascites (s/l lofadet) gynecology problem.  HELP!!!!!!!! ...

Doctor-diagnosed Or Doctor Diagnosed?
Jan 27, 2010

Psychiatric Consultation under Review of past medical records... There's a list of 8 paragraphs that begin with "Doctor diagnosed... " and then a list of conditions that the patient had/has follows each. Would Doctor-diagnosed be hypenated in this case?  Thanks!   ...

The Transcription Doctor
Feb 28, 2010

Unbelievable.  They just sent a ton of attachments.  No inservice on the "particulars" when you're filling out the demographic screen, just a TON of instructions without answering any questions.  You watch the video on escription, download it, and then you're suppose to be good to go.  Forget it. ...

Doctor's Appointments
Mar 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the policy is for taking time off for a medical appointment.  I have worked here for over 5 years but never done it.  I am a regular part timer who just switched over from flexible part time so I have no PTO accrued to use for the hours I need off and really just want to take it w/o pay.  Just curious what others on this forum have done... ...