A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient has train Morse. ASR apparently thinks - that is more plausible than tremors.

Posted: Aug 26, 2010

Cool

Die in a Texas City - ASR2

[ In Reply To ..]
should have been Dilantin toxicity. Geesh.

The other day I got 1 that said... - Kazaam

[ In Reply To ..]
ALLERGIES: Penis and Lortab.

Should have been peanuts and lortab.

As in..... - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
"Not tonight - I'm allergic."

HA!

Similar Messages:

Is It Really Possible To Self-train?
Dec 26, 2010

I have been an MT for over 20 years, but during that time I've also done both inpatient and physician office coding, and also managed a physician's office for a number of years.  Is it possible, by purchasing the right materials, to hone my skills sufficiently to pass one of the certification exams?  ...

How Do You Train If You Are Already FT On Another Job?
Sep 07, 2011

If you are FT days and want to get a part time job that requires a day or 2 of training, how the heck do you do it?  Do some companies have trainers that work evening and/or week hours to help schedule these people in or do you have to take time off from FT job to train? ...

Any Companies That Actually Train You In VR?
Jun 14, 2010

Are they any companies that give you *good* training in voice recognition, and not just expects you to know how to do it. Say a full day or several days of good, thoroguh training. ...

Companies Who Train MTs
Feb 27, 2014

I have been an MT for almost 18 years and know some of the older companies used to train people in transcription then keep them on after they'd completed the course.  Does anyone know if there is a company that still does this and who my friend can contact? ...

RE-TRAIN ACUTE CARE
May 10, 2013

I have been a transcriptionist for the past 22 years.  I have worked in hospitals and clinics as well as an IC.  Early in my career, I transcribed acute care, autopsy, pathology and radiology reports.   For the past 15 years I have concentrated on transcribing radiology reports which has been profitable for me since I did not mind typing difficult dictators and ESL physicians.   Currently, am fortunate to be working as a full-time employee and have my hourly rate.&n ...

My Mom Thinks They're Going Under...
Aug 06, 2014

Just based on what I tell her regarding low work volumes, losing accounts, losing transcriptionists in droves, new names popping up everywhere, being forced to work on 5 accounts now, pickier and pickier fiesa (to keep more of us way from the bonus), etc., my mom thinks we're about to be sold to the next highest bidder. I don't know if I agree with her or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there. ...

Silent Type - Having To Pay Up Front To Train In Jersey!
Jul 08, 2011

Thanks for letting me know about having to pay up front to train in Jersey! I wouldn't even do that if we had the money when you don't know how awful of an account you may get or horrible platform. I was just getting ready to test. Thanks for the info! ...

President Of AHDI Advises Us To Train As Coders Or In EHR.
Mar 20, 2012

The latest issue of Plexus (MT industry journal) makes reference to the fact that the president of AHDI told a group of MTs to start training either as coders or in some EHR capacity.  Her point is having a broad base is our best bet at keeping/getting a good job in rapidly changing HIM these days. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Anyone Who Thinks QC Is Invincible Should Like This One
Apr 10, 2015

One of the I-really-could-care less dictators wanted ciprofloxacin taken off the med list because patient was on Coumadin, so I took it off and the editor added it back in and gave me a 1.0 error because I omitted it. This would involve knowledge that Cipro is the same as ciprofloxacin and its possible danger to the patient. In their quest to find our errors, they are hurting patients. Proof positive! So don't let them tow their line of corporate malarkey. ...

Everyone I Meet Thinks I Have Such A Great Job...NOT
Mar 26, 2010

They say, oh wow you get to work from home, that's great. I wish I could.  Yeah it has it's perks and used to be fantastically flexible...key words "USED TO BE", now I'm tied to my desk, lost money, threat of money being taken away, company uses words like "lock down" -- isn't that a prison term??? Now I'm afraid to sneeze, breathe, take a bathroom break etc....GRRRR!  Just venting, everyone I know thinks my life is cushy...!!! ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...

From Below, It Floors Me That MTSO Thinks We Believe
Jan 03, 2012

:( ...

TSM Is Awfully Quiet Recently. Me Thinks They
Sep 19, 2013

are up to something.  I sense plotting and planning going on at corporate.  ...

Drug The Doctor Says She Thinks Is Orapid?
Jul 21, 2010

Doctor says she thinks it is "Orapid"  I cannot find anything that sounds like that.  Ugh! ...

Who Thinks Their Platform Is Fast And Efficient?
Jun 06, 2012

It seems that the platforms nowadays have all slowed down since many are used for the dual purpose of VR and transcription.  I used to use ChartNet years ago.  It was fast and efficient, and I loved it. Now I am on (another version I suppose) ChartNet again, and it is soooo slow to move from screen to screen, inserting cc's, demos, etc. that it actually makes me bored with my work.  I can't seem to get momentum going like I did on the old ChartNet without VR.& ...

Is There Really Noone Who Thinks Taking The CMT Exam Is A Good Idea?
Jun 20, 2012

I am studying for the CMT exam, but the process is taking the joy out of my life.  I noticed that on a previous post, everyone unanimously voted NO regarding the question about whether the CMT is worthwhile anymore.  I am seriously considering dropping the idea of sitting the CMT exam.  Am I making a mistake?  (I really do not want to take jobs of increased responsibility in the field, just make sure I stay employed.)  I'd appreciate your words of wisdom. ...

I'm Apparently The Only One...
Nov 24, 2009

I've been an MT for years (about 10).  I've worked subcontracting for many companies, local docs and my local hospital.  I've worked for probably 10 internet companies on a temp basis to help with overflow (usually covering summer vacations).  I've never had just one company, always several, so if one was out of work, another could provide.  Of all the companies I have worked for... I like MedQuist the best... I know I'm alone in this apparently, but ...

Well Apparently To Be An MT...
Aug 21, 2012

All you have to know how to do is type really fast.  At least that is what I've been told by a couple of staffing companies.  (I don't agree with this by they way).  Just thought it was odd that this is how medical transcription is viewed by some these days. ...

Apparently,
Nov 18, 2013

I have tried for over 3 hours today to make my "elecions" for insurance to NO avail.  Of course, no one answers the phone to help you OR responds to e-mail request for help.  How much more difficult can this be. When I hit the "submit" button NOTHING happens.  Screen locks up. I am surrendering this fiasco for tonight.   Hopefully, I can find somebody tomorrow that will help me.  Apparenlty, I am to dense to do this.  ARGH!!!!!! I just feel like everything ...

Apparently We Are On Our Own
Mar 05, 2014

So we get the email today that the QC is overloaded with her job and to please utilize the style guide and BOS and other Mmodal goodies rather than calling or emailing her. You know Mmodal/Shaw, if we actually were allowed to contact other MTs on our same accounts we wouldn't need to contact our QC every time the client decides to make exceptions for each doctor and it never gets added to the CP or we just cannot figure out what that doc is saying. But apparently we are truly on our o ...

Apparently I Am 100% ASR Now. I Made
Dec 07, 2010

$30 less today than when it has been mixed straight and ASR typing and it has been the longest day of my life.  I have eaten more, got up more.  I cannot sit still.  If this is supposed to be "easier" on us than typing, they are full of hooey.  ...

Wow - Apparently Transcend DOES Pay Well!
May 14, 2011

http://people.forbes.com/profile/susan-mcgrogan/80763   Susan McGrogan // President and Chief Operating Officer Transcend Services, Inc. Atlanta ,  GA Sector: HEALTHCARE  /  Medical Practitioners Officer since August 2006   44 Years Old Susan McGrogan has served as our President since August 2009, as our Chief Operating Officer since February 2007 and Senior Vice President of Operations between August 2006 and February 2007. Ms. McGrogan joined us in Ja ...

Wow - Apparently MQ Pays Well, Too!
May 14, 2011

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/ceou/database.cfm?tkr=MEDQ&pg=6 CEO Pay Database Peter MasanottiPresident and Chief Executive Officer MEDQUIST INC (MEDQ)Headquarters: MOUNT LAUREL, NJBusiness Services 2009 Compensation   2009     Salary $500,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $0 Value of Option Awards $0 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $700,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensati ...

I Would Like To Have Someone Who Is Apparently More Enlightened Sm
May 26, 2015

than I am, to explain to me how, when I am told to take my lph divided by 2 and my overall lines for the day and divide by 2, how we are getting paid for all the lines we do.  I'm curious how that is explained so people see that they are actually getting paid for all the lines. For example, I am told that I need to figure C-LPH which is basically my lph divided in half.  So if I am able to edit 250 lph, for the grid that is equivalent to 125 clph.  Then my total lines are di ...

Our Wonderful ASR. Apparently, Since It Still
Jun 23, 2015

cannot figure out the word Xarelto even though it's seen it corrected tens of thousands of times by now, it has decided that word is "femoral tunnel."  Not even remotely close!  The doctors/administrators who are drooling over the thought of VR cutting us out would be in shock to see what it actually cranks out. ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Apparently, Transcend Is Initiating Something
May 06, 2012

M Modal cesspool, but not quite that bad.  They are prioritizing stats from all of your secondary accounts in front of your primary, making it harder obviously to produce lines.  Did anyone get the email about this?  I am wondering if this is a Nuance thing that is now being introduced?   I know why companies do this, it is to their benefit, and they care nothing about us, but it just infuriates me as another kick in the face to MTs and lack of caring about anything but ...

Apparently According To TCM We May Have To Make Schedule Changes
Feb 28, 2013

I have made 3 schedule changes in the last year and I think I am pretty much done.  It seems that they are working with capacity planning to insure work for everyone so guess what that means..mandatory schedule changes once again.  So sick of this. Quit hiring, then maybe we wouldn't need mandatory schedule changes. Just a thought! ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...