A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone agree with this? - Newbiejdh

Posted: Mar 16, 2010

This is a long sentence, but I think the punctuation looks right??

He does have some tenderness particularly in the area of a transverse incision at the left lateral aspect, which he said was the site of a draining sinus, after 1 of his many surgeries, for years.

Maybe a comma after "tenderness" ? Seems like a lot of nonessential phrases....

Punctuation...sm - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
I would do it this way: He does have some tenderness, particularly in the area of a transverse incision at the lateral aspect, which he said was the site of a draining sinus after one of his many surgeries for years.

You can overkill with commas sometimes. :)

Thank you! - Newbiejdh

[ In Reply To ..]
Gosh, commas are going to be the death of me :)

YW...sm - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll get it eventually. :)

I agree with brrr - commas

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

"for years" needs to go after "draining sinus" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
He does have some tenderness, particularly in the area of a transverse incision at the lateral aspect, which he said was the site of a draining sinus for years after one of his many surgeries.

sounds like a test to me - notta

[ In Reply To ..]
BOS, good book!

Similar Messages:

Can We Agree
Apr 25, 2012

I love MT when I am paid well.  When I am offered poverty wages, I don't like that. Can we agree to stop accepting these low wages for editing and transcribing?  Being offered 4 cpl for editing and 6 cpl for transcribing is ridiculous.  If you are offered a job, counter with a higher cpl.  If you are employed, demand a raise.  If you are an IC, tell them your rates have increased. I am not going to attempt to counter all the arguments that people are going to prof ...

I Don't Agree With The MTs That Are...
Apr 06, 2013

...complaining on how bad being an MT is. I noticed most of thOSS saying that have been doing this for 20-30 years. The MT field is not dying it is changing and people don't want to adapt. They refuse to do VR because it pays less but if you learn the short cuts & stop using the mouse you can make good money. I've been doing both straight transcription & voice recognition. My point being there will always be a need for editors!!!  I too hate the work going over seas & ...

Agree With Poster Below That With All The New And
Dec 20, 2011

technology poor sound quality of dictation should be a thing of the past; however, that is now my #1 problem.  I have put a notation in the QA notes several times lately of the poor audio quality.  I think dictating on a speaker phone or cell phone (I don't care where --- office, home, bathroom, ballgames, convertibles, motorcycles, airplanes, or outer space) should be MT-outlawed and if a dictator does it, the report should be trashed and he should have to dictate it over (y ...

Agree In Spirit
Apr 23, 2012

I agree in spirit with the May 1st protest, but realistically I cannot spare the day off unpaid.  Also, I work for the Wal-Mart of transcription otherwise known as Nuance.  Resistance is futile.  I honestly believe 80% of all US transcription is going to end up going through Nuance.  They should just let the government take them over....then we could all get a big pay raise when we become government employees.  LOL The reason I agree with the protest is this: 180 LPH ...

The MT Industry Is Dead. Do You Agree Or Disagree? Nm
Nov 30, 2009

nm ...

Vote If You Agree There's A Foul Mood In The Air
Dec 24, 2013

like if you agree dislike if you don't agree   I'm blaming it on indigestion of a bit of bad potato.  Bah Humbug! ...

Did Anyone Else Just Agree To A Nightshift Job For A Large Hospital
Sep 18, 2014

...in case there is more than one, in particular I am referring to one on the LG supe team? Is it going offshore soon? Wondering why I was moved. Not alot to do. Very curious.  ...