A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Context usage - sm

Posted: Dec 04, 2009

Doctor states in labs "mucous membranes actually are somewhat dry." Should that be under examination?

Yes - I would move it there

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Help With S/l - See Message For Context
Jan 21, 2012

Review of last GI note indicates that patient's omeprazole was stopped as it was likely not effective.  Has a follow-up colonoscopy planned.  Does have some feelings of abdominal fullness and will talk to them about this.  Complains of a headache in the left posterior parietal scalp.  This has been present over several weeks.  Denies ***s/l pulse of alquelly***.  No nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, visual change, neurologic deficit associated with thi ...

Hyphen Usage Or Not
Nov 22, 2010

I am transcribing a report for orthopedic surgery. What is the correct way to transcribe chondromalacia grading? Is it grage 1 to 2 or grade 1-2 changes? I have myself confused as teachers always said in school that you use "to or through with numbers.  Thanks ...

Usage Of Nonicteric
Jul 01, 2012

Have one dictator who always uses sclerae nonicteric.  Is nonicteric acceptable these days?  Any feedback appreciated. ...

Apostrophe Usage
Dec 31, 2013

I need some advice on correct use of the apostrophe:OB ultrasounds at 8 and 20 weeks were normal.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed)Pregnancy is at 38 weeks 2 days' gestation.  (I think this is correct)Full-term pregnancy at 38-3/7 weeks.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed) ...

Data Usage
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone use a Verizon connection? Do you know data usage for an 8 hour day? I do not have cable where I live. I currently use a Verizon air card that the hospital I'm employed by maintains. We got out sourced and now I need to set up my own connection and pay for it. However,  no one can tell me data usage so I can tell if the new job offered is going to be worth the expense.  ...

Word Usage
Apr 29, 2015

Which is correct?  No evidence of masses or tumors were felt.   OR No evidence of masses or tumors was felt.    I keep getting mixed up.  I want to say it is "were", but I actually think it is probably "was."  Help.   ...

S/l No Escallation Or Aversion? Sm For Context
Dec 18, 2009

Patient has times of intermittent diarrhea, better with diphenoxylate/atropine.  He needs to have a refill.  No escallation or s/l aversion.  May be saying no escallation reversion. Thanks for any help.   ...

Sounds Like Spallender, See Context
Jun 13, 2011

Can't find this. Here is the sentence: After the Lenke probe was inserted under AP and lateral fluoroscopic guidance it was removed and a spallender was then inserted into the newly created pedicle tunnel to ensure that there was no breech of the pedicle walls. Thanks! ...

Zilla Brace ?? Psm For Context
Oct 17, 2011

Patient with aphthous stomatitis.  Recommended Miracle Mouthwash and a trial of s/l zilla brace.  Thanks. ...

Need Help With Word But Context Is Difficult - Sm
Apr 30, 2012

Hope someone can help.  This doc is very meandering with his dictation, but so far he states that the patient has insomnia, sleeps with her mouth open, and has noisy GI sounds.  Then he dictates: She has a number of relatives that have had s/l gambla phlebitis.  Does anyone know what this is and how it's spelled.  Appreciate any help! ...

A Question Of Grammar/usage
Sep 14, 2011

This has been bugging me for some time.  It's small, but like a thorn in my side.   When a doc is dictating and fails to use the article "of", should you insert it?  For example:  The patient remains off of antibiotic therapy.   The patient tells me she is of off oxygen therapy during the day.  All of the ulcer sites have improved The patient remains off (of) antibiotic therapy.  The patient tells me she is off (of) oxygen therapy during the day.& ...

Medication Help, Plesae See Message For Context...sm
Sep 20, 2013

I've been at this forever it seems...  :)  I'm doing an ESL, and I'm a little stumped.  The patient has elevated BUN and creatinine and stage 3 chronic kidney disease. Here's what he dictates with regard to her medications: "She was on Benicar and Celebrex, and her BUN and creatinine have gotten worse recently.  I stopped both of these 2 medicines and switched her to _____ (s/l Adoquin or Adocrin), which does not have the sulfa in it, as the patient has g ...

Any Articles About Productivity Loss From EMR And VR Usage
May 24, 2011

Does anyone have any links to articles that explain the loss in productivity for physicians and their offices because they are wasting time with EHR/EMR's typing their own notes or spending way too much time editing their own voice recognition notes when they could be seeing more patients?  I have lost a few clients to VR systems and EHR/EMR systems because they think they will be more productive, when they actually lose money and time because of the loss in the number of patietns see ...

Epilepsy Drug. ESL. We Can Try S/l AP Tune (no Dose, But Says Something Like A 1-time Usage) Nm
Aug 11, 2014

Another clue, populated by VR as Pap June ...

Grammar - Quick Reference That simplifies The Usage Of the Prefix Intra Versus Inter
Sep 12, 2010

Does anyone have a cheat sheet or a quick reference that simplifies the usage of the prefix intra versus inter.  Thank you in advance....! ...

S/l "synoferous" In The Context Of Deep Set Eyes, Esotropia...TIA .... NM - Prabbu
Nov 14, 2012

.. ...

RbClO Antibody "anti-cal" - No Context Given
Apr 18, 2011

nm ...

S/l Severe "RA Elongation." Sm For Context
Sep 16, 2010

Diagnosis section:  Enlarged left atrium, dilated right ventricle, severe "RA enlongation." Thanks. ...

Pt Was Intubated And Placed On "code Ice" Sm For Context
Feb 04, 2013

The patient was admitted for respiratory distress. At home, he was seen to become rigid, arched back, and he quit breathing altogether. By the time the paramedics got there, he was asystolic and subsequently was intubated and placed on ______________ (s/l code ice). He was seen by Dr. Levi who thought he had a structurally normal heart and that this was a result of status asthmaticus.  Thank you for your help! ...

Comma Usage With "which"
Feb 05, 2010

Hello All, I wanted to know if I am using the corrective comma usage before "which". I know that some are considered "restrictive" and some "non-restrictive". I am having a real hard time deciphering when I should use a comma with "which".   Here is the sentence: " He presented recently to his medical doctor who obtained an MRI scan of this which revealed a 3 x 4-cm lobular mass, which was quite superficial basically at the level of the adductor tubercle." ...

Comma Usage "..., And That..."
Dec 02, 2010

Would I use a comma between the word "extent" and "that". I was always under the assumption if "that" follows "and" then I should not use a comma?   "The patient was nearly mute, but when I talked to him after about 5 minutes, he started to talk and answer questions to some extent and that he agreed for the need for an inpatient stay." ...