A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

usage of nonicteric - Pam

Posted: Jul 01, 2012

Have one dictator who always uses sclerae nonicteric.  Is nonicteric acceptable these days?  Any feedback appreciated.

Nonicteric is incorrect...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The word is anicteric, and our QA has instructed us to substitute anicteric if nonicteric is dictated. You won't find nonicteric in a legitimate medical dictionary and don't count web references as they are not always correct. Check with you QA people for their ruling.

anicteric, see message - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a pain doctor who dictates that. Put anicteric. If he or she is smart, they will see your change, look it up themselves, and be thankful. I have one client who cannot spell at all, and when I correct him, he dictates back the correct spelling to me, which is hilarious...

Similar Messages:

Context Usage
Dec 04, 2009

Doctor states in labs "mucous membranes actually are somewhat dry." Should that be under examination? ...

Hyphen Usage Or Not
Nov 22, 2010

I am transcribing a report for orthopedic surgery. What is the correct way to transcribe chondromalacia grading? Is it grage 1 to 2 or grade 1-2 changes? I have myself confused as teachers always said in school that you use "to or through with numbers.  Thanks ...

Apostrophe Usage
Dec 31, 2013

I need some advice on correct use of the apostrophe:OB ultrasounds at 8 and 20 weeks were normal.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed)Pregnancy is at 38 weeks 2 days' gestation.  (I think this is correct)Full-term pregnancy at 38-3/7 weeks.  (I think this is correct, no apostrophe needed) ...

Data Usage
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone use a Verizon connection? Do you know data usage for an 8 hour day? I do not have cable where I live. I currently use a Verizon air card that the hospital I'm employed by maintains. We got out sourced and now I need to set up my own connection and pay for it. However,  no one can tell me data usage so I can tell if the new job offered is going to be worth the expense.  ...

Word Usage
Apr 29, 2015

Which is correct?  No evidence of masses or tumors were felt.   OR No evidence of masses or tumors was felt.    I keep getting mixed up.  I want to say it is "were", but I actually think it is probably "was."  Help.   ...

A Question Of Grammar/usage
Sep 14, 2011

This has been bugging me for some time.  It's small, but like a thorn in my side.   When a doc is dictating and fails to use the article "of", should you insert it?  For example:  The patient remains off of antibiotic therapy.   The patient tells me she is of off oxygen therapy during the day.  All of the ulcer sites have improved The patient remains off (of) antibiotic therapy.  The patient tells me she is off (of) oxygen therapy during the day.& ...

Any Articles About Productivity Loss From EMR And VR Usage
May 24, 2011

Does anyone have any links to articles that explain the loss in productivity for physicians and their offices because they are wasting time with EHR/EMR's typing their own notes or spending way too much time editing their own voice recognition notes when they could be seeing more patients?  I have lost a few clients to VR systems and EHR/EMR systems because they think they will be more productive, when they actually lose money and time because of the loss in the number of patietns see ...

Epilepsy Drug. ESL. We Can Try S/l AP Tune (no Dose, But Says Something Like A 1-time Usage) Nm
Aug 11, 2014

Another clue, populated by VR as Pap June ...

Grammar - Quick Reference That simplifies The Usage Of the Prefix Intra Versus Inter
Sep 12, 2010

Does anyone have a cheat sheet or a quick reference that simplifies the usage of the prefix intra versus inter.  Thank you in advance....! ...

Comma Usage With "which"
Feb 05, 2010

Hello All, I wanted to know if I am using the corrective comma usage before "which". I know that some are considered "restrictive" and some "non-restrictive". I am having a real hard time deciphering when I should use a comma with "which".   Here is the sentence: " He presented recently to his medical doctor who obtained an MRI scan of this which revealed a 3 x 4-cm lobular mass, which was quite superficial basically at the level of the adductor tubercle." ...

Comma Usage "..., And That..."
Dec 02, 2010

Would I use a comma between the word "extent" and "that". I was always under the assumption if "that" follows "and" then I should not use a comma?   "The patient was nearly mute, but when I talked to him after about 5 minutes, he started to talk and answer questions to some extent and that he agreed for the need for an inpatient stay." ...