A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CE (?) junction - help please

Posted: Jun 10, 2011

This is for a gastrointenstinal endoscopy and is the second time he has said CE junction.  I know GE junction, but I cannot find CE junction.  Is there such a thing?  I've listened very carefully it its definitely not "G"E...he's saying (without a doubt) CE junction. 

cardioesophageal (CE) junction nm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Well now that makes sense - I just kept getting a blank - thinking of GE - Thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
ty

I don't hear CE very often either, mostly GE :) nm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Penile Scrotal Junction Or Penoscrotal Junction...
Jan 24, 2011

Which is correct.  Dictation text:  The region of the suspensory ligament in the penile scrotal junction is not well visualized ...

Consolent? Of The EG Junction
Apr 24, 2012

Wondering if anyone can help me with this word? Thank you so much. It s/l - con sul ant Examination of the esophagus revealed linear ulcerations of the distal esophagus becoming nearly (consolant) at the EG junction. ...

Lumbothoracic Junction? Is That A Word Or
Jun 26, 2010

Thanks everyone who looks. ...

EGD Help: Viewing GE Junction And S/l Cardium From Below
Oct 14, 2010

Here's the context: ...gastroscope was advanced into the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.  It was withdrawn and retroflexed, viewing GE junction and s/l cardium from below.  Duodenal aspirate for Giardia, along with duodenal biopsy for pathology, was taken. ...

S/l Metaphyseal *medadisil* Junction
Mar 21, 2011

....mild tenderness to palpation about the plantar lateral aspect of the fifth metatarsal metaphyseal S/L medadiosil junction. TIA   ...

Sacral Coccyx S/l "ular" Junction
Dec 12, 2011

sacral coccyx s/l "ular" junction ...