A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

foot pedal that works with Express Scribe and Gear Player - JustMe

Posted: Jan 29, 2010

Is the foot pedal that works with Express Scribe and Gear Player also compatible with Edit Script?

Yes. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Gear Player Vs Express Scribe
Mar 26, 2014

I had been using Gear player in my previous job.  My new job requires express scribe.  Can I open these files in gear player.  It looks like an I tune symbol when I download the dictation.  How can I convert these files to Wav files.  Thanks ...

Transcription Software - Any Preference Of Express Scribe Or Gear Player?
Nov 19, 2009

Does anyone have any preference of Express Scribe or Gear player?  Is one better than the other? ...

Find A Foot Pedal That Works With Windows Media Player
Apr 04, 2013

I am looking to find a foot pedal that works with Windows Media Player.  Anyone know of one?   ...

Express Scribe, Win 7, And Foot Pedal
Oct 24, 2010

I need help trying to get a USB foot pedal hooked up and working using Express Scribe and Win 7.  My typist has not been successful.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I think it is something she needs to set up in Windows but don't fully know yet. I have been using ExpressScribe in WinXP with a serial footpedal for years with no problems. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Shona ...

Foot Pedal For Express Scribe???
Jul 01, 2011

Can someone tell me what foot pedals work with Express Scribe? I will be testing next week and don't want to rely on the shortcut hotkeys on the keyboard. I downloaded this a while ago, but don'tknow much about the ins and outs of it. Also, can I decrease the speed of the file at the bottom of the Express Scribe window in the right corner and it will stay for all files playes? Thanks in advance. ...

Express Scribe-Foot Pedal
Jul 10, 2012

Does Express Scribe (free version) now require an updated foot pedal?   I cannot get my USB-Infinity pedal to work with the free version of Express Scribe. ...

Foot Pedal And Express Scribe
May 06, 2014

I have had a VEC Infinity foot pedal for over 10 years.  Have used it with no problems whatsoever on Express Scribe and many other transcription platforms.  My computer (Windows XP) crashed and had to get a new computer (Windows 8).  My foot pedal wouldn't work on Express Scribe anymore (but works fine on Emdat platform).  I thought it was because I was using the free version of Express Scribe, so I went ahead and paid the money to buy the full version of Express Scribe. ...

Getting My Foot Pedal To Work With Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Need advise on getting my foot pedal to work with Express Scribe.  I have gotten it to work in the past but can't remember how I did it.  I searched the postings which say to go under settings but I don't have that heading.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

Trying To Get Express Scribe To Work With My Foot Pedal
Nov 12, 2010

I am trying to get Express Scribe to work with my foot pedal. What happens is Media Player always takes over and comes on, but I do not want to use Media Player. I have tried deleting it and cannot even do that? I would appreciate any advice I can get. ...

Express Scribe Issues With Foot Pedal
Nov 01, 2011

Hi, I have just begun to have issues with my foot pedal when using Express Scribe. I have used this program for several years and never had issues before.  I have tried two different foot pedals on two different computers, a PC and laptop, both work well with another transcription program, but now suddenly when using Express Scribe I have to tap multiple times to get the files to play, or they stay playing even with my foot off the pedal. I went to their site, but of course cannot get t ...

Win 7/Express Scribe/USB Infinity Foot Pedal?
Nov 14, 2011

The USB Infinity Foot Pedal does not show up on the Express Scribe list of pedals. How do I make this combination work together? Thanks in advance ...

USB 2 Foot Pedal To Work With Express Scribe
May 20, 2012

Hi Everyone:  I need to take a test for a job and I have to use Express Scribe.  I have done this before and had to use Hot Keys which for me takes forever.  I have USB 2 foot pedal.  Does anyone know how to make USB work with Express Scribe?  In other words how to sync them up.  I looked at directions on Express Scribe but it is a little confusing for me.  My hubby told me on this computer I am using it does not a Com port, but a serial report and now not so s ...

Help With Foot Pedal Settings In Express Scribe (sm)
Jun 03, 2014

I went into options and all the settings seem to be in the hundreds and described as (ms).  Not familiar with that at all.  I always set my pedal to seconds.  My rewind is extremely slow and when I take my foot off the pedal and then on again I need it to rewind a few seconds so as to not miss anything.  When I take my foot off pedal and then on again, I have to actually press the rewind button for a few seconds and this is really costing me some time and aggravation.&nb ...

Express Scribe Wont Let Me Use My Foot Pedal With The Free Version
Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions? ...

How To Set Express Scribe As The Default Player On Windows 7?
Mar 02, 2011

does anyone know how to set express scribe as the default player on windows 7? thanks so much for your help ...

DSS Player Versus Express Scribe For Dragon SR
Mar 19, 2012

As much as I hate to do it, clients are requesting to use SR.  I have Dragon and Express Scribe.  However, it seems I either need to purchase, download and install Express Scribe Pro and/or Olympus DSS Player Pro to get Dragon to recognize and auto transcribe DSS files.  I've tried converting the files to wav but the distortion in sound quality is not good for SR.  Any suggestions on which is the better way to go.  Express Scribe Pro is far less expensive than Olymp ...

Testing Foot Pedal To See If It Works
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone done this?  If so, how can I do it?  This sounds like a silly question, but I've only used on one job and I have no idea how to test it to see if it works with a voice file.  The one I use now is one provided by the company I work for.  My old one is an Infinity.  TIA :) ...

Help On Loading Dictations From Windows Media Player To Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

I could use some help on loading dictations from Windows Media Player to ES They say ( .wpl ) is not supported ...

Making Foot Pedal Work With Windows Media Player
May 05, 2012

Is there any way to make my Infinity USB foot pedal work with Windows Media Player? I dont want to convert the media files to another program like Express Scribe. This is through a remote desktop and the files open with Windows Media Player and Express Scribe is not on this desktop and there is no way to put it there.   TIA! ...

Pedal And Express Scribe
Jun 17, 2012

I have a pedal that I used with Express Scribe about 5 years ago. It says IN-BMG on the bottom. I worked independently for a local office using old school dictation with a tape player so packed up my pedal. I just recently started using Express Scribe again and HATE using the key prompts and want use of my foot pedal but can't get it working! I hate to buy a new one when this one would probably work if I knew the magic words.  Please advise if anyone knows how to make it work! It ...

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

For Those MTs Using Gear Player
Oct 12, 2010

Are you happy with it?  Can you say why or why not? How does Gear Player compare to other players such as Bytescribe or Express Scribe?  Is the sound quality better?  Anything info at all would be great!  Thanks!  ...

Gear Player
Aug 01, 2014

Hello, Just wondering if anyone uses Gear Player and is happy enough with the features and quality of the sound it produces to justify the cost.  I'm trying it out myself and just would like some feedback from others who have used it. Thank you. ...

Transcription Software-Gear Player
Jan 17, 2011

I am curious to know what everyone is using for their transcription software. Is anyone using Gear Player? Is it the best or is WavPedal or something else? It looks like to me from what I have seen on the web that Gear Player is a good one. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Food Pedal With Media Player
Feb 10, 2010

does anyone have any idea how to make my USB foot pedal work with Media Player?  thanks.  I've tried everything I could think of.      ...