A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transferring "Favorites" to new computer - Technically inept

Posted: Aug 19, 2010

Getting a new computer and trying to figure out how to transfer my "favorites" to my new computer. I have tried a google search and tried following the steps on there, but it's not working. I have a flash drive. Is there a simple way for someone who is technically challenged?  Thanks!!!

Are you right-clicking your favorites folder in Windows Explorer and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
sending to your flash drive? Just copy it back to the same place on the new computer.

Similar Messages:

Need Help Moving Favorites To New Computer
Oct 16, 2010

My old computer's hard drive is dying quickly. I need to move all my favorites/bookmarks  from the old one to the new one. I've tried import and Export and it doesn't work. I tried copying the favorites to a CD-ROM but don't know how to get them onto the new computer. I've spent all morning searching for the answer and trying to move them over to no avail. I tried coping the files from the CD-ROM to the new computer and supposedly it worked but I'll be durned ...

Transferring Word With Settings To New Computer
Nov 17, 2009

My 7-yr-old computer finally needs to be replaced, and I found a good deal on a new powerful machine, but I do not want to lose all of my Word settings, including dictionary, autocorrects, autotexts, macros, etc. It has taken me years to build these files and they make my work go very smoothly. If I install the same version of Word (2002) on my new machine, how do I transfer my customized Word program to the new machine so I can go right to work just like on the old machine? When I have tried ...

I Need Help Transferring My Esp From Word Client To My Personal Computer
Jul 13, 2014

Hi: I need to move my expanded phrases and sentences from word client to my personal computer. I want to put them in autocorrect on Microsoft 2007. I do not know how to do this. I don't see much online about import/export from word client to auto correct. If anyone knows of a converting program or how to do it step by step, please let me know. Thanks for your help.   Take Care, Jay ...

Here Is One Of My Favorites
Nov 04, 2009

At the end of the dictation, the doctor says "Please send a copy to the patient's PCP" and it's listed NOWHERE.  Gotta love it.  ...

Does Anyone Else See That Companies Have Favorites Or Is It Just Me?
Aug 17, 2010

Just curious if anyone else thinks this ...

Transcend Plays Favorites Big Time
Dec 04, 2009

Why are these managers playing favorites?  Don't they think that some of us know our teammates and talk to them?  Just as an example, one of my teammates got a birthday gift, but some of the rest of have never even gotten a birthday card or note saying happy birthday.   Some get thank you letters if they spell a word right and the rest of never even get a thank you when we have worked hours to help get an account out of trouble.  And this is by the same manager.&nbs ...

Transferring From XP To Windows 7
Jun 08, 2014

Got the refurbished Nuance computer with Windows 7.  Now I have been advised by some to put data on memory stick and transfer and another person told me there is a USB transfer wire I can buy from WalMart, plug into both computers and it will do the job. Anyone used this method?  ...

Transferring Autotext
Nov 13, 2014

I currently have Word 2003.  Is it possible to transfer my AutoText entries (thousands) if I need to upgrade to a newer version of Word, so I do not have to start over with those entries?  JMJ ...

Transferring Employees Due To OOW Situation
Aug 21, 2014

TSM looking into transferring some of us to other TSMs.  We lost a rather large account and have been running into OOW a lot. Hoping I don't get called.  I really, really like this TSM and don't want to have to learn another group of accounts. Are there other areas that need to have more people on it or are we going to just push that group into more OOW?  Hope they study this carefully. ...

Transferring Microcassettes To Wave Files
Oct 31, 2009

Anyone out there know of a way to transfer dictated info on microcassettes to wave files?   Thanks In Advance. ...

Transferring Encrypted Voice Files
Feb 02, 2012

I transfer encrypted voice files with winzip through gmail. I am having problems getting them go through with their recent changes. Is there another HIPPA  compliant program or way to transfer these files? Thanks ...

Transferring Instant Text Into AutoCorrect
Jan 18, 2013

I am chaning jobs.  Current company uses IT on company-owned/provided computer (required).  The platform is Word-based and has AutoCorrect, but IT is the expander company uses. New company also will be company-owned/provided computer (required).  The platform is the same, but they use AutoCorrect.  Is there any way to convert my IT expanders to AutoCorrect on current company's computer, then somehow transfer file (via email or whatever) to new company computer? I don ...

Transferring Word/WordPerfect Autocorrect To PC Shorthand
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone, I use both Word and WordPerfect.  I have autocorrect entries in both Word and WordPerfect that I would like to transfer over to PC Shorthand.  Since I'm new to PC shorthand, I've been reading it over.   I know with PC Shorthand we can use the SHCNV.EXE to convert autocorrect. My problem is that I am at a loss as to what the Word and WordPerfect auto correct entires are labeled or where they are stored in my computer. I did a search and for Word Perfe ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

"Favorites" Question
Aug 26, 2010

This might sound stupid, but how do you delete some of the Favorites that I don't use in Windows XP. Thanks ya'll   ...

Need New Computer
Dec 26, 2009

I need a new computer however I need to have XP for EXText.  Wondering which way I should go--- Dual boot or have 2 separate hard drives, one for XP and the other for Windows 7 Professional?  Any advice? ...

Mq Computer
May 10, 2010

I leave my computer up and running all the time.  In the past week every morning I am having to reboot because I get an error saying "insufficient system resources to perform this action."  As soon as it finally reboots, then everything is fine, I can log onto DQS and type all day with no problems.  Then it sits again all night, and the same thing happens the next morning. Does anyone know what the problem might be?  Tech support has already increased the virtual memory capa ...

How Many Of You Use Your MQ Computer...
May 17, 2010

for other things besides work such as another job, internet shopping, banking, facebook, etc.? ...

Help - New Computer
Aug 19, 2010

I got a new computer today and when my first job comes up the ADT info is at the top of the page.  Can you tell me how to get it off.  Also how to I make the print on my screen larger?  TIA ...

Computer Age VS 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I was just wondering how old some computers are that are having problems with 6.1 and if there are people with newer computers that handles it better.  Mine is a MQ computer that is 4 years old now and it bogs down quite a bit.  Everything is sluggish now.  I do have 1 GB of ram and 1.84 GHz, so 6.1 shouldn't take a toll on it as bad as it is.  I'm just wondering if I should ask the Q for an upgrade, if that is the problem.  Knowing the RAM and proces ...

Help MQ Computer
Sep 16, 2010

Need help! I don't use an MQ computer, since they don't want you to put anything personal on it, and most of my life, including banking, is on my computer.   My 4-year-old computer crashed and is in the shop for a couple days, and I decided maybe it's time to get a new one.  The problem is, DQS requires a 32-bit system, and so far all the new computers I've found are all Windows 7, which is 64 bits.   I also want to get a slimline, since it kills my ...

Is It Just My Computer?
Sep 20, 2010

I turned off the "check as you go" spelling feature to get rid of that distracting wiggly red line.  When I upload a document, and a mis-spelling is picked up, what's with all the lame suggestions.  I mean either there just aren't any suggestions at all for a simple mis-spelled word with a single wrong letter, or just a simple word.  What happened to the old Q dictionary?  It seems every 5 years their dictionary gets worse.  When I started 10 years ag ...

Using MQ Computer
Dec 01, 2010

I am looking at quitting MQ, and I'm using their computer...do you think they'll let me buy the computer from them????  I can't imagine it's cheap to mail it back to them, and will need a computer for my new job. ...

Computer Needs
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone use a Mac for medical transcription with Windows XP and MT software that requires nothing newer than XP?  Also any experience with Windows XP and Medrite XL on a newer computer using Windows 7 and virtual xp?  Needing advice before replacing my old computer, which I'm afraid might give out.   I would just load XP but supposedly will be transferring to software compatible with Windows 7 sometime in the future.   Any ideas appreciated.    ...

Lap Top Computer
Oct 03, 2011

Does anyone transcribe on a laptop computer and take your work with you when you travel? ...

New Computer From Q
Oct 20, 2011

came by FedEx today.  Had no idea they were sending this.  I quit or decided not to go with them from AT yesterday.  Would think they would let me know they were sending a new computer.  What a joke, glad I am not staying.  Think they got so big they have no idea what's going on. ...

Need A New Computer
Nov 12, 2011

is there any kind of computer i should NOT consider getting to work for medquist?  i think i heard they aren't compatible with MACs, but as far as PCs go....does Windows 7 work?  Vista?  XP?  all of the above?   just want to know what to avoid. thanks!       ...

Got New MQ Computer And
Nov 20, 2011

How do I change the color on DocQscribe from that blinding bright background to nice soft gray? I have no clue how on this machine and my eyes get too sore with the white. Also, how do I turn off all sounds, if anyone knows.   Thanks in advance. ...