A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Problems with copying and pasting from the Net. - See message.

Posted: Dec 23, 2009

Sometimes I when I click on text to be highlighted, it won't "take" or the highlight skips all over the place. Or when I finally manage to get it highlighted on the 10th time and right click my mouse and choose copy, the highlighting disappears and I'm back to square one. (By the way, I experimented and this page is an example). Is there a trick to this? 

Have you tried with another mouse? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can also highlight text with the keyboard depending on which browser you are using.

It happens on two new laptops, so definitely not the mouse. - I use Google Chrme; how do I highlight with that?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Touchpads on laptops can be extra, well, touchy. Can you highlight, - (sm) Cheryl

[ In Reply To ..]
then Ctrl + C to copy without the highlighting disappearing?
About half the time the highlight disappears when I - right click on copy. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Instead of right clicking, does Ctrl + C to copy work for you? NM - Cheryl
[ In Reply To ..]
x

copying and pasting from the net - MT who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not your mouse, first of all. I have used the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Netscape, and Opera and depending on whether you are using Windows XP or a Mac depends on how you make a copy or screen shot of text on the net; sometimes I think it has to do with how it originates as well. If you are using Windows, just select what you want and then paste it where you what (Ctrl C and Ctrl V); however, if for some reason that does not work, open Word and paste it into MS Word as plain text and then copy it from Word to where you want it. If you want a screen shot in Windows you have to "print screen." On the Mac, for copying and pasting text, I just select, copy, and paste (Cmd C and Cmd V); and what I do for a screen shot is use the Preview application. If you use the Preview application and select "grab" from the file drop-down menu, you will get a cross hairs that you can move to select what you want "shot." This will then "take a photo" and automatically save it to your desktop as a .tiff file to save it how you want (jpeg, png, or whatever) to open it different applications like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; save it as png ("save for MS Office/Word") to create an image for MS Office apps. ?? I don't see how you are having a problem -- keep trying -- it is not your mouse, I an pretty sure of that.

Similar Messages:

Chartscript - Transcribing In Word And Then Pasting Into CS?
Nov 27, 2011

hi, is it possible to transcribe a document in MS Word and paste it into ChartScript or would this botch up all the coding, etc.? I prefer composing my documents in Word as much as possible, but of course I do not want to cause software conflicts and such. THANKS FourGalore. "Labor omnia vincit" ...

Copying ESP
Dec 31, 2009

I use Dictaphone ExText at work and want to copy the ESP from it onto anothercomputer. Somebody told me that I need to have the ExText  in order to do this.  My question is, . . where do I get it?  Can I buy this program or download it?  I looked on Google under "Dictaphone" and couldn't find anything.  THANK's.  ...

Copying ESP Onto Another Computer
Dec 30, 2009

Can anybody tell me how I would go about copying my ESP onto another computer?  I copied it off my computer that uses the Dictaphone ExText program.  My question is do I need to have the ExText program to copy my ESP onto it?  Do I have to buy the ESP expander program or is it part of ExText software?   Please bear with me, . . I am completely computer stupid.  ...

Copying ESP Onto Disc
Apr 03, 2010

I'm trying to copy my ExText ESP word expander onto a disc.  Everytime I try, it says "please insert disc into drive D" even when I have one in.  Does anybody know why it won't copy?  Thank's ...

Copying Text
Aug 16, 2012

I switched computers about a week ago.  Since then, I have been unable to copy text within the same document on Escription.  Can someone please help me with this? ...

Copying Autocorrect Onto My Computer
Nov 13, 2013

I have autocorrect copied on my external hard drive.  My computer died and I have a different computer with Microsoft Word 2007.  How do I get the autocorrect entries from the external hard drive onto my new computer.   ...

Copying ESP Phrase Expander File Onto Disc
Oct 31, 2009

Does anybody know how to copy an ESP file onto a disc? ...

Copying Common In Electronic Medical Records Sm
Jan 05, 2013

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/copying-common-in-electronic-medical-records ...

Copying Word 2003 Autocorrect...but Didn't Take Addresses?
Feb 28, 2011

So, I did the whole process of copying Word 2003 autocorrect with the support.doc macro, and it worked wonderfully.  Only thing, it didn't copy any of the doc addresses I had on the original computer.  Took everything else though.  Any ideas? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...