A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Please Help RE: Extext Word Client - Vance

Posted: Jan 17, 2012

I am new to this Extext Word Client platform. I'm having trouble at the start when opening a template file. The error says "Failed to open template file: C:DocNetWorkingDocuments...doc" I have done Microsoft updates and installed only MS Office 2002 as MS 2003 or higher is not compatible with the platform. Please help.

Thanks.

Extext - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the problem is that you are having, but I am using word 2003 with no problem. Did you get with tech support?

Similar Messages:

Anyone Use Magnification Software With ExText/Word Client?
May 27, 2013

I have diabetic retinopathy and need magnification assistance. Thanks! ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

Word Client Hotkeys
May 03, 2010

My manager emailed a list of hotkeys for WC but not the ones dealing with stopping and starting dictation. Everyone at my facility uses a pedal, so I have asked my coworkers but no one can give me an answer. I've found alt+p plays dictation and alt+s stops. Can someone tell me if there are hotkeys to rewind and fast forward? I Googled for a manual, but the only user manual I found dealing with hotkeys didn't include this info either. Thanks for your help. ...

Word Client Working??
Jan 05, 2015

mine says account till busy.  Try again later or contact E-mail administrator.  If everyone else is able to get on, could you tell me who our E-mail administrator is?  Our TSM? ...

I Need Help Transferring My Esp From Word Client To My Personal Computer
Jul 13, 2014

Hi: I need to move my expanded phrases and sentences from word client to my personal computer. I want to put them in autocorrect on Microsoft 2007. I do not know how to do this. I don't see much online about import/export from word client to auto correct. If anyone knows of a converting program or how to do it step by step, please let me know. Thanks for your help.   Take Care, Jay ...

New Client
Mar 09, 2010

Well, I certainly feel sorry for those 60 MTs they were able to persuade to go to work for them -- wonder what kind of promises they made them??  They've gotten this procedure down pat over the years -- drawing in unsuspecting MTs with promises of making more money.  All I have to say is good luck, especially since they probably failed to tell them about all of the wonderful changes that are happening, like loss of pay for sending to QA -- make sure you've updated your antide ...

Why Can't They Have The Same CP For Every Client?
Jan 06, 2013

They should have one standard format across all clients and if any client wants it changed, they should charge them per change or addition a recurring fee.  At the very least they should organize them better.  Maybe take advantage of different font colors, so they are easy to spot in the CP panel, like:  Physical exam: Stacked left, all caps subheadings.  and then pick a color for exceptions and put them all in red so its easier to spot.  ...

Looking For New Client
Jul 08, 2013

I am an independent contractor and have been doing orthopedic transcription for this client for 7 years. All of a sudden he is taking more and more work away and giving it to the "new" transcriptionist, who happens to be a friend of an employee of the office. I know this is a cut-throat, competitive business, but does anyone know of any physicians/small MT companies looking for an orthopedic transcriptionist? I only do this work in the evenings and on weekends as I have a full time day job. Than ...

ExText And Your Own Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

I just started with a company that uses Extext.  I do not want to use the expander with this as I love my Instant Text.  Can somebody please tell me how to shut off the Extext expander?  TIA ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

EXText + Antivirus
Dec 23, 2009

Having issues with my antivirus and Extext with the install.  What is the best protection to use with Extext.  I have resorted to AVG which I do not care for...TIA. ...

EXTEXT COMPANIES
Jun 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me which companies use Extext or ExEditor. Thank You. ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

ExText Question
Mar 06, 2011

I've recently started using ExText, and I like it, except for one thing - I find that it is very tedious to rewind or FF to a particular spot in the dictation.  Is there any way to go right to the spot?  I've worked on platforms where you grabbed an arrow and dragged it to the spot you wanted in the recording (by that I mean, a given minute and second), but I can't find a way to do that with ExText.  It seems speeding up the rewind/FF is the only way.  Is ...

What Is It With ExText? This Is The Only VR Platform I've
Aug 24, 2011

I've worked on, and most days it doesn't seem horrible, but I keep making the same corrections over and over and over again for the same dictators and it never learns.  Also it will leave out an entire sentence or several words in a sentence, even on dream dictators.  It also can't seem to get the date format correct, often types 08 as 20, or types 2011 as 2000, expands abbreviations when we aren't allowed to expand them, doesn't number multiple diagnoses/medic ...

Extext Vs Escription
Oct 06, 2011

Can anyone compare Extext and Escription for me.  i use extext now but switching to escription.  Wondering if line count is going to go up or down.   THanks ...

Anyone Know Which Companies Use Extext?
Oct 21, 2011

Does anyone know which companies use Extext?  I did a search but all the posts I found were pretty old.  Tia ! ...

EXText And Shorthand
Oct 30, 2011

Does anyone know if Shorthand works with EXTText or do you have use the built in expansion program in EXText?  If so, is there a way to copy your Shorthand entires into that program?  Thanks in advance! ...

Extext Tips?
Jan 20, 2012

Any tips on editing in Extext? ...

How Is The ExText Platform?
Feb 28, 2012

Is the ADT easy to deal with?  ASR decent?  Can you get fast on it if you're halfway good? ...

ExText Speech
May 24, 2012

Can anyone tell me where to find a copy of the shortcut keys for ExText.  I had no training on it outside of the basics and was never given any shortcuts keys/commands and I am sure there are a lot of things I could be doing better.  Any help is definitely appreciated. ...

ExText Entries-Help!!!
Aug 04, 2012

Wonder if anyone has an answer to this for me...and, thanking you in advance!  I have used ExText for years.  Everything has always been fine and I love ExText...until Escription hit the deck.  Now when I'm in a report and highlight what I want to add to my ExText, then do alt= to add it, the window comes up blank and I have to enter the word/phrase all over again.  What the heck happened??? Really slows me down because I usually enter long phrases/normals, etc.  Ho ...

ExText With Breevy
May 21, 2013

Does anyone know if you can use Breevy text expander with ExText?  Thanks! ...

Trying To Get My ExText, Etc. Upgraded...
Apr 22, 2014

Let's not start a bashing party, but has anyone else had luck getting their ExText, etc... software upgraded on a new Windows 7 system at Landmark in PA?  It seems like K has simply fallen off the planet.  No emails at all from Landmark regarding the whole XP and Word 2003 HIPAA non-compliance business, or options for moving forward.  Is it just me, or is this really just not a big deal?  While I'm pretty sure no one would outright choose to hack a middle-aged house ...

Dictaphone EXText
Nov 13, 2014

Looking to work for a company that uses EXText.  Thanks for feedback! ...

Unfamiliar Client - Where Is My BOB?
Feb 08, 2010

Okay, I got an e-mail from my manager saying we have a huge backlog.  However, when I download a document I get a client that I have never heard of before and cannot understand and cannot download a client profile. I'm in SA 4.  Anyone else having trouble? ...

Client Files
Dec 01, 2010

I am saving all my client files from the last 3  months, as I have get to be paid.  What am I supposed to do with these files?  I am not getting rid of them because that is the only proof that I have that I worked for the company.  I am trying desperately to retrieve my monies due, but as of now, nothing.  I worked for 3 months and only received payment for 3 pay periods (5 weeks).  This is a crappy company and I only wish that I had believed all of the negarive pos ...

Need Client Profile Help!
Dec 09, 2010

Ok, I just sign on for my shift and get a new account right away, plus it's OP reports, and I'm only a tier 2! Anyway, the CP says: Physicians Names Dictated: Transcribe as dictated using a header tag. Does this mean that anytime a physician's name is dictated I have to make it as a header? That doesn't make any sense to me. Help! ...

Client Not Happy
May 20, 2011

I work for a company that is being acquired by a larger company that begins with a T.  My current account apparently is watching the quality and TAT very closely.  They are a very demanding client, but in the 10 years of working for this client I don't remember this being an issue. In the meantime, I am bombarded by phone calls and emails to work, work, work.  I guess everyone quit.  I work at home and never talk to anyone and have no idea of what is going on but I reall ...

DocShuttle Client
Jul 25, 2012

How do we setup multiple FTP sites to connect in DocShuttle Client?  Under Settings, I could not find any "Add New Host/Site" feature.  This software already has a stupid policy of three installations for one purchase and now if I can't configure more than one site to connect, this will qualify for what you would call a complete ripoff.  I hope I am wrong. ...