A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lost Google Chrome after MTSO Set up - Nancy

Posted: Jun 05, 2014

Error mssg: "The application has failed to open because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail" I will call them when open, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and was there an easy solution that didn't screw up what the techs installed.

reinstall Chrome - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]

Cannot copy/paste link below. Here it is:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/-VScH_qmXc8

Thanks. That's what I thought. - Nancy

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Use Google Chrome?
Jan 16, 2012

I hesistated to download it because at first there were a lot of bugs in it.  How does it work now?  Like it better than plain Google?  Thanks! ...

Google Chrome Question
Feb 14, 2013

If I want my favorites/bookmarks from IE on Chrome, what is the best way to do that?  I would like to keep both browsers ready to use, but am embarrassingly uninformed when it comes to these things!   Thanks!!! ...

On Google Chrome, Is There A Way To Automatically Delete
Feb 04, 2010

nm ...

MTSO Lost Huge Account
Jul 17, 2010

Small to medium-sized company lost a very large long-term client.  Naturally, the MTs are to blame.  Reason given was the work was out of turn around on weekends and MTs did not meet their commitments.  I can't say what percentage of MTs did not meet their commitments.  I do know that I always have.  I also know that I have kept an accurate log of the work on this very large account and 75 to 90% of the time the work runs out on Sunday, with no work available on Mon ...

My MTSO Pretty Much Lost An Account....
Aug 12, 2014

It was my secondary account and wasn't a bad one to do.  The client got a new EMR that has them doing most, if not all, of the work on their end and very little, if any, left for us.  I hope this isn't a sign of the times ahead for me.  (Sigh) ...

Medication S/l Phen Chrome
Jun 04, 2010

Medication s/l Phen chrome or fen chrome ??? Any ideas ...

-3 Size 28 Cobol Chrome Head??
May 24, 2012

In a total hip arthroplasty, it souinds like he is dictating "a minus 3 size 28 cobol chrom head"...any ideas what this could be? ...

Google Ads
Nov 04, 2009

I'm getting very irritated.  Every time I try to reply to a post, the stupid Google Ad line with MT and transcribe links is right in the middle of the message area and I can't see what I type.  Has anybody else had this problem and how did you fix it?  The only time this doesn't appear is when I post a new message.  ...

Google Help
Apr 26, 2010

I've managed to somehow screw up Google.  It used to auto-complete as I entered what I was looking for, and suddenly that's gone.  I didn't realize how much I depended on that feature.  Any suggestions?  ...

Google
Jan 20, 2011

Have you ever seen those crime/murder mystery shows where the FBI confiscate the suspect's computer to see what they were doing the days, weeks and months before the murder?  I don't know about you, but I would have a LOT of explaining to do if that was me.  When I'm at work, I have done some Google searches that would really raise some eyebrows if I was accused of something sinister.  ...

What's Up With Google?
May 28, 2012

Has anyone gotten a pop-up when opening Google asking if you want to only view secure websites.  This is a first for me. ...

Google MT
May 06, 2014

Does anyone know what happened to Google MT?  Right now all I get are ads when I search.  I rely heavily on this site and will miss it if truly gone.  ...

Does Anyone Else Hate The New Way Google Is Set Up
Sep 09, 2010

I've been trying to get used to it for awhile now but I just hate it.  It's got a column to the left with the same buttons on the top.  I just absolutely hate the new way they have it set up with all my search results being pushed to the middle of my screen.  I'm looking for a different search engine now.  I don't care for dogpile.  I got onto Bling (?) once but it's looks like google.  When something works why can't they leave things a ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

What Happened To The Old Google?
Oct 15, 2010

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the quotes and wildcard search don't seem to be working with Google anymore, or at least not as well as it used to before? Anyone else noticed this? Also, what's with the new layout? Anyone miss the old Google? ...

Are You On Facebook Or Google+?
Feb 08, 2012

I haven't signed up for either one yet (yes, I know what a dinosaur I am, Brianasaurus timidus). My questions are: 1.  If you're on both, is one better than the other?  I've heard Google+ is better, having learned from all the mistakes Facebook has made. 2.  Do you have any secrets for setting up your privacy settings, etc. so that YOU, and not someone else, controls what gets seen, and by whom? Really looking forward to your answers because I'd like to get ...

Is Anyone Having Problems With Google.com
Mar 12, 2012

I can get to google.com but when I put something in the box it does not budge.  Anyone else having this problem.   ...

Google Bar Question
May 09, 2014

Okay, a funny thing happened. I've lost my white Google field at the top of my screen. My Google toolbar IS enabled. I have disabled it, then re-enabled it just to see what would happen and I still have no Google search option at the top of my screen. The area is there, but there's no Google name or white Google field, just blank with a little x there. When I hit the x, it gives me the option of disabling. My husband and I share this computer, and he has a separate profile, and ther ...

Trouble With Google?
Nov 25, 2014

Anyone having trouble with Google searches from your document and Control+P function? ...

Help Please - I Switched To That New Google Browser
Oct 18, 2009

and now when I try to bring up statistics using F9 in Docuscribe, I get an error message.  I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm sure it must be the new browser.  Other weird things happened too, like I can't read the posts here (Luckily I didn't get rid of my old browser so I am using it now).  Other than that problem though, Google Chrome browser is better and faster than the old one I was using (Avant), but if it doesn't work well in DQS, I'll have t ...

PogoFrog Vs. Google/Bing
Mar 10, 2010

To all of you who google.  PogoFrog is a medical site and it works like google, but not as cumbersome as it is all medical.  I find it invaluable.  If you are tired of looking up things that are not in Stedman's any longer and tired of rummaging through google, please give PogoFrog a try.  We need all the help we can get and quickly.  ...

I Heart Google Drugs
Jun 30, 2010

In the last few weeks Google has this new feature. You type in the name of a drug (generic or brand name) and the first result that comes down is from www.nlm.nih.gov and it looks different than the rest of the links. It has the generic and brand name, a short discription of what it does and how to take it, and includes links for further information. It has a little picture of a pill on it so it is easily seen and recognized. This is so much better than scrolling down through the links to find o ...

Surbridement? Pronounced Very Clearly, But Google Has Not
May 20, 2010

The sentence is "We did start her on Collagenase Sanyl to the necrotic tissue after sharp s/l surbridement.  If that's a word, why is it not used to where google would hear of it?  Has anyone heard of it? ...

Google Auto-fill
Jun 03, 2010

My Google auto-fill has suddenly stopped working.  It's making me nuts.  Anyone know how to fix it? ...

Google Quick Search Box
Nov 29, 2011

I have downloaded Google Chrome.  I have used the Google quick search box on my former computer.  I am having trouble locating this for my new computer.  What you do is tap the control keep twice, and a very small search box appears on the middle of your screen so you don't have to access anything with the mouse.  Hit enter and it searches your word(s).  Thank you.  Losing incredible amount of time without this time-saving feature.  ...

Search Engines Other Than Google
Feb 02, 2012

What are some good search engines other than Google?  I like dogpile, but that pulls from Google also.  Thank you!  ...

Google's New Privacy Policy
Mar 01, 2012

Now that Google has implemented its new privacy policy, do you still use it to research medical terms? ...

Have You Ever Looked Up Your TSM On Google Or Facebook?
Oct 22, 2013

I was curious what she looked like so I looked her up.  She looks *exactly* like she sounds.  Have you ever looked yours up?  ...

Looked Up My Account On Google. Curious.
Aug 18, 2012

They are hiriing MT's in-house.  Looking for an MT who graduated from high school, some college experience in medical transcription and 1-2 years experience.  Pay is 15.50-22.50 an hour with benefits.  I'm applying!  ...

Nevermind Got It BAT Activation, Love Google
Dec 20, 2014

x ...