A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inexpensive software to transcribe .d2 file formats- sm - typinfool

Posted: Apr 26, 2011

Does anyone know of an inexpensive software that will play .ds2 file formats.  Express Scribe will not!!  I am in a pickle and need something inexpensive to play these files.  Thanks!!  

YES! - hawkmt

[ In Reply To ..]
You can buy/download something called DSS to Wave software. It converts the .ds2 files to wave files that Express Scribe will play. I think it's about 25 bucks a year. Works quite well.

Similar Messages:

Doctor Going From Tapes To Wave Files--what Software Is Easy To Install, Easy To Use And Inexpensive
Apr 29, 2010

Do I have to buy the dictation equipment or the doctor?  Can I use the software with moer than one client?  We are moving and this is key to keeping my job.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks so much in advance for all help! ...

Antivirus Software, File Backup
Jul 27, 2011

I'm curious to know what types of good antivirus software are being used by ICs out there who are working from home and transferring files via ftp.  I have Windows Defender, Malware, and McAfee, as well as real-time updates, email and internet security and a firewall.  Also what about file backup?  Thanks! ...

How Can I Open An .esp File Without Using Nuance Software?
Jul 01, 2013

Has anyone ever tried (successfully) to open an .esp file with any other software? If so, I'd love to know how to open one. I need to be sure I am able to utilize it when I leave!  Oh, and I do know that I can print it out, but geeeez, after 6+ years, think of the paper and the re-creation of all of it that would be required!  At this point, my little 'ole lovely .esp file is the only thing between me and the exit sign!  Thanks in advance. ...

Is It Efficient To Transcribe In Word, Cut And Paste Into Another Software?
Dec 12, 2009

I have always worked in Word or an equivalent of, however, I have one account in another program that does not work well with my Instant Text.  The account is actually quite good and I could produce much more if I could take advantage of some form of production software.  Has anyone worked in Word and then cut and paste the work into the software and it was successful?  I can use Instant Text, but many of the functions do not work, which only makes it more confusing whe ...

Express Scribe Only Voice File Transfer Software?
Feb 19, 2014

Is Express Scribe the only voice file transfer software? ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

SOAP Formats For Clinics?
Mar 17, 2014

Hello, can anyone tell me of a good company that just does SOAP formats for clinics? Trying to find something to work on evenings and weekends. thank you ...

Good But Inexpensive Headset To Use?
May 04, 2013

Would love some input on a good but inexpensive headset to use. Not comfortable with regular earphones (like for iphone) or "airplane headset" (so flimsy). Thanks in advance! ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Can Anybody Please Recommend A Good, Reliable, Inexpensive EFax Service? TIA.
Sep 10, 2010

nm ...

Are There Any Good Quality Fairly Inexpensive Alternatives To ExpressScribe?
Sep 28, 2013

Was given some sample dictation to listen to and could play it on Google Chrome and it sounded very clear, but when I played it with Express Scribe (even using the special audio processes) it sounded a lot worse - more like in a tin can and a bit scratchy. For the "real" dictation, I'll have to use ExpressScribe or some other player. Thanks for the suggestions. ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Is There A Way To File Myself?
Sep 23, 2010

I have not been paid by a person for some transcription work I have done for her in May and June.  She owes me $500.  It would cost that much to get a lawyer and court costs and such.  Is there a way that I can go forward with legal action on my own against her? ...

How To Transcribe This...
Dec 31, 2010

when the person says "cigarette smoking of a pack and a half a day", is that how I should type it or is there a specific way to do it? Thank you. ...

How Do You Transcribe 00
Jan 06, 2011

Have not come across this before - how do you transcribe "double aught", as I have, or 00.   Thanks for your thoughts/help!  ...

How To Transcribe 2 To 3 Out Of 10
Jun 03, 2011

When I went to school years ago I was taught to transcribe 2 to 3 out of 10 as 2/10 to 3/10.  How do you all transcribe that.  Is 2 to 3/10 correct or should it be 2/10 to 3/10 or 2-3/10? ...

Do MTs Transcribe...
Aug 13, 2011

Do MTs transcribe reports for coroners and forensic medical examiners? Anyone out there do this? ...

How Would You Transcribe This Please? SM
Jan 18, 2012

I am working on an account where I have had literally no training, on a program where I have had literally no training so I have no idea if it is verbatim or not. The doctor dictates "He was seen last by me in December of this year." Okay, it was actually December of last year or 2011, I would assume. Would you transcribe exactly what he says or would you change it to December 2011 or December of last year? Thanks so much!!! ...

Do You Transcribe P.s.?
Feb 22, 2012

If a doctor says p.s. at the end of his letter (as in, he is adding something),  is that transcribed simply as P.S. and beginning a new line? Thanks ...

How To Transcribe Due To #1
Apr 30, 2012

The doc is saying patient is off of all meds due to number 1 her pregnancy but also experiencing side effects.  This is a verbatim account.  Thanks for anyone's help! ...

Anything About Fox Transcribe?
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Fox Transcribe? Appreciate the info. Thanks! ...

Anyone Use Transcribe+?
Oct 18, 2012

Would you happen to know how to keep an entry in the built-in word expander from expanding in the event you are unable to delete it? ...

How Would You Transcribe This
Feb 16, 2013

"... irregular heartbeats lasting for a couple 3 hours."  The account is verbatim with changes to grammar. Do you think "a couple 3 hours" is fine how it is or should I change it? ...

HOW TO FILE A NJA REPORT
Nov 22, 2009

I have been fortunate to have had work since the inception of TeamWork, and no longer know the procedure for filing a NJA report.  Do we do as before and contact support for a ticket number, then send an email to them with a copy to our CCM, or do we have to do something in TeamWork?   Will someone please inform me as to the correct way to file the NJA report?    TIA  ...

Only Receiving 1/2 Of A File
Jan 28, 2010

The doctor I work for, from his recorder into DSS software, can download a 47 minute DS2 file, but when he sends it to me....it is only 24 minutes, even though it is 9.5 MB.....any thoughts? ...

DS2 File Conversion To DSS
Jul 18, 2011

Has anyone had any success in finding an audio converter for DS2 Olympus voice files, so that Express Scribe can play them.  Conversion to a DSS file would work. So far, in my research nothing works.  Any help? ...

File: Mtvclient.exe
Sep 14, 2012

Norton is removing a file that is downloaded on opening ChartNet called mtvclient.exe. A Google search has two pages of comments treating this like a virus or spyware. It is reportedly a keystroke tracker. My question is: Do you know if the purpose of this file is to count lines or is it spyware that tracks your keystrokes in all programs? Thanks! ...

If You Don't Have Any Work, File For UE ...
Oct 17, 2012

Do it now.  If there is no work available on any of your accounts, you need to apply for UE.  If it only brings you extra pocket money, it is STILL worth it.   Apply, now.  Don't let them do this to you.   ...

At What Point Do You File
Jun 26, 2013

I wonder if I'm at that point.  I have not had a huge reduction in work, but about 8 hours a week now.  I've been taking some unpaid time and using PTO.  I think tomorrow I'm going to go to the UE office and talk to them about the TAA assistance. ...

Audio File/sm
Jul 30, 2014

I need to listen to some jobs...I did Alt I from the Fluency Editor home screen to get to Manager. I looked up the jobs by searching under detail and the date. I found the job and clicked on the job #, which gave me options of audio file, editor account output, and count log file (payroll). When I hi-lite audio file, it takes me to a black screen with an audio player icon in the middle of the screen. The length of the audio file always says 0:00 and the volume icon is crossed out, like it' ...