A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you get text out from under a - skip marker?

Posted: Apr 21, 2012

I can't find the directions.  xx

Ctl Shift N - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you, thank you so much - - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What is a skip marker? - penny

[ In Reply To ..]
This might be a dumb question, but I've seen skip markers brought up a couple times, and don't know what they are. I work on Cornerstone, if that matters.

What a skip marker is....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
A skip marker is used when you are editing reports with DocQScribe and you want to delete words that don't belong in the report.

Not a Dumb Question - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a dumb question. The Skip Marker is designed to help the ASR "learn." However, when a dictator backs up over him or herself consistently, the skip marker does nothing to help the machine learn anything.

Similar Messages:

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

OB/GYN In Text?
Jul 17, 2014

I am typing a report where dictator is talking about the patient's ob/gyn.  How do you type this?  Ob-gyn, OB/GYN or what. It is within a line of the report, not a heading.  ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Text Expander..HELP!
Jan 18, 2010

I was forced to switch to Windows 7 and I found that Stedmans Smartype was no longer compatible. After shedding some tears, I am searching for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about any medical text expanders that are good and work similar to Smartype (that work within WORD). I am currently looking at Speedtype...does anyone have any reviews on that? Thank you!! ...

Text Expander?
Apr 08, 2010

text expander? ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Disappearing Text
Jun 03, 2010

I don't know what combination of keys I hit but all of a sudden the text in front of where I am editing disappears.  What combination of keys will stop this.  I thought it was control + insert but that did not help. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...

Text Expander And SR
Aug 03, 2011

In school, we were given the opportunity to have a 4-month trial of Shorthand for Windows. I really enjoyed using this program and had considered purchasing an extended license for it when I become employed; however, I thought of the MT industry heading more towards SR/VR editing and wondered if having a text expander would be useful at all. Any inputs? I'm currently using Word's AutoCorrect as a substitute. ...

Best Text Expander?
Apr 09, 2012

Could anyone give me any recommendations for a good general text expander (starting an ASR job in a couple of weeks)?  I use Phrase Express right now, but I don't like some of its limitations and bugs, and customer service stinks.  I'm really interested in hearing from someone who has tried a couple and has a preference and why.   TIA! ...

Help! Anyone Using Instant Text, Etc...
May 16, 2012

This was transferred to the tech forum last night but isn't a tech question: How are MTs naming their short forms now, for example for shortform "ncat" (normocephalic atraumatic) do you use "ncat" or do you use "ncatx"? Thanks. ...

DocuScribe Text
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone know how to make the text larger in DocuScribe?  Thanks! ...

Copying Text
Aug 16, 2012

I switched computers about a week ago.  Since then, I have been unable to copy text within the same document on Escription.  Can someone please help me with this? ...

Small Text
Sep 27, 2012

Text is small.  Having a hard time seeing it.  Does anyone know how to make the text I am typing bigger?  ...

Imstant Text
Apr 01, 2013

Does anyone use instant text with EditScript or does anyone know if it works in EditScript? Thanks. ...

Instant Text 7 Pro
May 12, 2013

Is there a limit to how many entries you can put in this program?  TIA ...

ASR Starting To Text
May 13, 2013

Just typed a report where it was stated "it will be some time before the patient is ready..." ASR put "it will B some time B 4 the patient is ready..." ...

Anybody On Beyond Text Get An Info When We
Dec 10, 2014

Are they seriously expecting us to sit here and keep checking and say how high when they yell jump? ...

Text Expander
Jan 02, 2015

I can't remember how I got the text expander ShortCut to work on my Windows 7 32 bit computer. Anyone know how? I orginally got ShortCut from Sylvan Software, but I can't find their site, so maybe, they are out of business. What are good text expanders? ...

Instant Text
Feb 07, 2015

Has anyone used Instant Text with EMdat/Inscribe? Does it work okay with it? ...

Qualified Text
Mar 09, 2015

How much are we paid for qualified text, and where do you see that?  Is it in webclock or on our pay stubs? ...

Instant Text Pro 7
Apr 12, 2015

I would like to know if anyone on here uses the Bayscribe platform in IE and uses the Instant Text word expander..  I have Instant Text V and it does not connect, so I am wondering if anyone that has the upgraded version can connect.  Thank you! ...

Help With Instant Text And Emdat
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to use Instant Text with Emdat. I know it is supposed to work, but for some reason it isn't. The shortcuts don't expand, the "period" key doesn't work. The spacebar only makes a space if I hit it twice. Has this happened to anyone else. Any ideas?  ...

HELP! Instant Text With EScription VR And The ALT+. -
Oct 27, 2009

This is the stroke to insert a period and space and cap for the new sentence but it is also the IT stroke for linking.  How do I get rid of this link combo so I can actually be productive on my EditScrpt on eScription?    TY!  ...

Inscribe And Instant Text
Nov 10, 2009

Is is possible to use Instant Text V Pro with the Inscribe platform?  Thanks ...

Editscript 8 & Instant Text
Feb 05, 2010

Is there a way to make Editscript 8 and Instant Text work together?  If not, what expanders work with Editscript 8?  Thanks a whole bunch in advance ...