A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just so you know, Ambulatory and exclusives ... not ALL peaches and cream.. - anon

Posted: Oct 29, 2014

Ambulatory is definitely different than acute transcription and probably better in a LOT of ways, but if it makes you acute care feel any better, the 24-hour TAT that is talked about was not a true 24-hour TAT, at least not with my company. If my doctor dictated at 11 pm, my reports were due by 3 pm the next day, so that is more like a 16 hour TAT. If my doctors decided to turn in their reports on the weekend, then I transcribed on the weekend. I worked when my doctors sent reports which could be early morning until late at night. I have worked from 8 am until 3 am the next morning at times. You are totally responsible for transcribing that doctor and any others you have taken on by TAT..no matter what. There was no set schedule so there were also lots of cancelled family plans when my doctors would dictate unexpectedly. I had one doctor that would hold onto reports for 10 days and then send them all at once. This would result in marathon transcribing. However, I always forgave him because he was just the best dictator ever. It was wonderful having the same doctors all the time but you had to be willing to be on call day and night pretty much. Yet..I am going to miss it terribly and will probably not last long with what I am reading about the acute care situation and what we ambulatory have coming our way. I have gone through that with another company (MQ) and that is torture along with scrounging for minimum wage. Good luck to us all...we will surely need it.

Similar Messages:

HOW IS AMBULATORY DOING? OOW? STILL HAVE EXCLUSIVES?
Nov 28, 2014

Ambulatory has been pretty quite here lately. We are curious...how is the transitioning going? Do you guys still have your exclusive doctors and are you able to make the same amount of money? Out of work situations often? How have things changed/stayed the same? ...

Pt Switched From Estrogen Cream To "lipo Hydro Cream"
Jan 19, 2012

she was started on vaginal estrogen cream due to a diagnosis of vaginal eczema.  This was switched to "lipohydrocream" upon her diagnosis of breast cancer. ...

Goodbye Exclusives - It Has Begun.
Oct 29, 2014

Kiss your exclusives goodbye.  As of right now, I am seeing other people's exclusives and they are seeing mine in their pool as well. The way it works is your exclusives will feed in at the top with higher priority, and then after those, you will see other people's exclusives feeding in at lower priority. So, if someone's exclusives don't dictate one day, or they only dictate a little bit, then that MLS will be all over YOUR exclusives. Yay.  So excited. ...

Neer Cream ? - Sm
Oct 24, 2009

Patient complains of red spots on face and has numerous actinic keratoses. Advised her to use some s/l Neer cream on this. Any ideas? ...

CHAGBA Cream
Jan 08, 2010

Aggressive diaper rash care with s/l CHAGBA cream to prevent further irritation or bleeding externally. ...

Nupressant Cream?
Sep 01, 2010

This doc dictates this all the time, and I can not figure out what it is.  I have sent it to my QA, who apparently couldn't figure it out, and I have left notes for the doc to please clarify spelling of this, still no response.  It s/l  nupressant cream ...

Cream For Psoriasis?
Oct 08, 2010

This dr. is dictating some sort of cream that s/l triensemalom cream.  This is the second patient she has dictated this on.  At first I defaulted it to Tridesilon cream, but it really doesn't sound like that.  The patient was also prescribed Clobetasol cream.  She has psoriatic arthritis, OA, DDD, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel, diabetes, and hypercalcemia.  She is also on Humira, Plavix, nabumetone, oxycodone, Ultram, and Fentanyl and Lidoderm patches.  Any help ...

S/l Cagel Cream
Nov 16, 2010

for CRPS/RSD and the patient is having foot pain. I've tried every variation I can think of and can't document. Thanks for any help. ...

Using S/l Sav Cream To The Abrasions.
Mar 27, 2011

This is a patient who has some abrasions on his bilateral lower extremities which are infected.  The doctor says, "The patietn has been using s/l SAV cream to the abrasions." ...

?tobad? Cream
Jan 16, 2012

i cannot find anything on this.  s/l too bad cream.  s/l might be something rectal. any help much appreciated.  TY She was originally tried on Anusol suppositories, took them once a day for 10 days and really did not help much, and then he saw her just four days ago and placed her on _______ cream, and  apparently she is allergic to lots of different medications and developed rash with some hives. ...

Wart Gel/cream
Jan 09, 2013

Sounds like "Irsfeld" wart gel/cream. I have searched everywhere and have spelled the word every way I can possibly think and I got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) ...

S/l Dipple Cream?
Mar 11, 2015

He was prescribed a splint and dipple cream for wrist pain.   Thanks!  ...

Ambulatory
Aug 27, 2014

On MT Jobs Nuance is hiring Ambulatory transcriptionists. Could someone please tell me a little bit about this side of Nuance?  I've heard Acute Care is terrible.  I've heard also that Ambulatory is M-F schedule.  Is this true?   ...

Those On Ambulatory
Sep 20, 2014

I am fairly new and working on the ambulatory side.  I have been OOW a lot and only given 1 account.  Are others on ambulatory dealing with the same?  ...

Ambulatory QA%
Dec 08, 2014

On the Ambulatory side, how do we find out what our QA% is?  Is it supposed to be in FIESA?  The only report I see in FIESA is from 11/8 to 11/14 payweek and it says Accuracy 100%.  There are no reports for any other pay week. Also, how do we find out what percentage we sent to QA?  I know under the new plan if we send more thn 10% to QA we get a reduced line rate, but I have no idea how much I send to QA.  Help please? ...

Skin Rash Cream
Dec 13, 2009

Major mind melt!  This is for a rash under a patient's breast and sounds like "empirazin" 2% cream as needed.  Help!  ...

Lidocaine/hydrocone Cream?
Jan 25, 2010

Is there such a thing as that? Or should it maybe be hydrocortisone? At one point she says licocaine/hydrocodone rectal cream and then at the end she says lidocaine/hydrocortisone......   thanks ...

S/l Serade I Think This Is Some Type Of Cream.
May 31, 2010

This patient has a rash and is explaining the different creams he has tried to use on it.  The doctor says, "When he put s/l serade on it, it made it itch a lot."  Any clue.  I couldn't find anything on this.  ...

Anyone Know An Acne Med S/l Treatan 1% Cream?
Nov 05, 2010

.. ...

Drug S/l Mis-clim-a 5% Cream - Does Not Say What It Is For
Aug 22, 2011

x ...

Magic Butt Cream
Aug 30, 2011

Does anyone know what this cream consists of or what acid is in this cream? I have a provider who says this cream is compounded by several ingredients and one of them sounds like "M&M acid." Can anyone tell me what this is, as I cannot find it anywhere :( Thank you. ubby_g ...

S/l Ped-of-o-lyn Cream For Venereal Warts
Sep 14, 2011

can't find this anywhere.   ...

Dr. Cecil's Crack Cream???
May 11, 2013

Anybody ever heard of this? I can't find it anywhere. ...

Accentus Ambulatory
Dec 26, 2012

I had heard Accentus was bought by Nuance.  Does this include the Ambulatory Care Division of Accentus as well? Thanks.  ...

Anyone Here From Ambulatory Side?
Jun 25, 2014

I was just wondering if anyone posts here that work for the Nuance Ambulatory Care side of things.  All I see here are what appears to be posts from the acute care side and they are not very favorable.  I will probably get hung on this board for saying this, but so far things are pretty good on this side of the fence.  Same managers, same good accounts, plenty of work.  Flexible schedule.  Not crazy about all the logging in to everything (WorldClient, WebClock, Spark), b ...

Another Ambulatory Nuance MT
Jul 19, 2014

I have been reading the board down a ways, about the arguments and negative comments between acute care and ambulatory care sides of Nuance.  I, too, work on the ambulatory care side and we were acquired by Nuance almost 2 years ago.  Yes, we used to be Accentus and no, except for becoming employees and the things that go with that status, nothing else has changed.  We work M-F, weekends if we want to.  We do not work holidays and the TAT reflects that on our accounts when a ...

For Those On Ambulatory Side
Aug 07, 2014

Do you have a set schedule?  From what I read this is more flexible and people seem happier.  Any input would be great! ...

Ambulatory - Exciting Changes?
Oct 28, 2014

Did any of you on the Ambulatory side get the e-mail this morning about the exciting new changes?  What is your take on it?  I, for one, am not "excited" - but more like horrified. ...

Does Ambulatory Have Set Schedules? -
Jan 27, 2015

I left last summer and at that time they did not.  Curious if they do now.  Thanks. ...

S/l Traumio Cream For Shoulder Injury? Thanks!
Nov 05, 2009

x ...