A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I don't check FIESA and I won't - sm

Posted: Jun 03, 2014

Until they state an hourly compensation for doing so.  If and when we are told it is mandatory to check FIESA as part of our 4 cents a line, I WILL tell them I am going to consult a labor attorenty and I WILL do so.

FIESA - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
I will not check it either. Never. They don't pay you for your time as it is, much less for checking to see if QA caught a "the, an, a." I checked it once, and got so mad I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Little nitpicking BS. I don't have time for their crap. Makes me physically sick.

Fiesa is a farce. I want to QA the QA. - They have been wrong.

[ In Reply To ..]
One QA person says one thing and another says another thing giving conflicting ideas of what is acceptable and not acceptable.

I can't imagine taking a nitpicking job that takes any chance of a 4 cpl MT making a bonus to make up for the measly pay. You gotta sell your soul to want to do this.

Boycotting FIESA - YB

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me how you get away with not checking this daily. My region is MANDATED to do so. If I don't, I'll have hell to pay believe me. Aren't you being harrassed to comply?

How do they know if you are checking Fiesa - or not?

[ In Reply To ..]
I got an email to look daily but there is no way to enforce it and have not looked daily. If Big Brother Nuance finds a way to know if I have been to Fiesa or not that is kind of scary and if they want to harass me over and give me hell to pay that is even scarier. Fiesa and Enrich are a waste of time and money.
They know if you are not initialing your serious errors. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
There is an open box that comes up with reports with a lot of errors or CPSEs. You are supposed to initial in that box to acknowledge you reviewed those errors.
I do not get serious errors daily. I do not ever initial - errors even when I check.
[ In Reply To ..]
I DESPISE NUANCE FIESA.
FIESA - Pollyanna
[ In Reply To ..]
I envy any of you who are in regions that don't DEMAND daily log ons to FIESA and initialing the errors thrown in your face. Can't get away with that in my region. It's a daily dose of being tied to the whipping post.

Nuance is not going to compensate for Fiesa - Dream on.

[ In Reply To ..]
That is like asking them to compensate for Google searches, checking company emails and spell check. This cheap company barely pays minimum wage with their crummy VR getting paid 4 cpl.

I only check when I am notified that I have a "critical" error by email and that is usually out of curiosity not because it is mandatory. The rest of the Fiesa junk I pay no attention to.

You must be me. :-) - I do exactly the same.

[ In Reply To ..]
Great minds think alike.

I don't do enrich either. - TFB

[ In Reply To ..]
xxoo
Enrich is a waste of time and energy. - Stupid program created by stupid people
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never seen anything so complex that is so unrewarding.
I always think those who - do ENRICH
[ In Reply To ..]
Must get paid well to have a job that is about making up stuff to "improve" us MTs. Nice work if you can get it.

Aren't we lucky, so many people working on improving our knowledge and standard of work, the ENRICH, the QA, the tech people who do -- what? -- I really don't know, obviously NOT improving the speech engine.

They are all there to "help" us improve and all getting paid more than us, who do all the actual work that gets billed out.

Upside down company, Nuance.

There is a post on the company board about FIESA (for some reason, not here - could it be they are afraid of the response?) which the OP says it is "dumb" not to check.

Just in case you want to give her a piece of your mind. I also suggested Nuance pay us $1 a day extra for checking FIESA. Just $1 a day and I would do it, but I know they won't. Cheapest company I ever worked for.

So, no, I am not going to check FIESA. Don't need that negative energy, thanks.

FIESA checking is - a drop in the bucket compared

[ In Reply To ..]
to the other things we do for free. Don't you wish the same marvelous technology that can record when our hands aren't moving on the keyboard could record all the characters we remove from each document while editing. Not to mention all the stuff in the Blue I, document notes, elaborations . . .

Please do - sm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Just received email stating it is mandatory to check that garbage before our shift. Well I have news for them - unless I am paid for MY time, I'm not. Let them fire me - I'm sure UE would be very interested in this.

Save the emails. When the class action - porcupine

[ In Reply To ..]
lawyer for the Transcend lawsuit contacted us, he wanted emails. I look forward to providing a lawyer with emails telling us what Nuance says we have to do that we don't get paid for And no, I do not check fiesa either. And I won't. Ever.

Fiesa - Texas MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked Fiesa once. It made me feel awful and not worthy of working for this company (which is pretty low). I have not checked it since that one time. I equate it to being sent to the principal's office every day to be scolded for something.
Being scolded for getting an A - instead of an A-Plus
[ In Reply To ..]
I just wonder what moron came up with this disaster? Did they never hear of positive reinforcement?

FIESA - Prove yourself better - Transgal

[ In Reply To ..]
Leave feedback for everything and challenge everything. If you have no other reason, claim that wasn't what you transcribed. I have things in my word expander which showed up in a different manner in a FIESA report and I challenged it. I think some things are changed by the reviewers just to have something to challenge. If I'm corrected, I fix it right away in a word expander so I can be sure it doesn't happen again, and if it does - that's right - challenge it. I challenge everything I don't agree on. If it is a style issue, I go back to what is grammatically correct rather than what the ever-changing company preferences are. If everyone challenges everything, it may eventually occur to them that we're smarter than FIESA. I also only check it when I get an e-mail that I have something that needs review, which is about once every 2 months.

Every 2 months? - YB

[ In Reply To ..]
How can you avoid FIESA for 2 months. My region is harrassed to comply with DAILY FIESA log ins.

Does anyone know if somehow the - TSM gets pushed on this?

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems to come from the TSM or maybe the COM? and I just wonder if it comes up on their performance review or whatever.

I like my TSM, so if it's going to make her look bad I might consider it, but I would have to know that she would be adversely affected (you know, like getting a bonus taken away or something...) before I would sign the FIESA for her sake.

We all know looking at FIESA is awful and very rarely do you get anything overturned anyway. I always feel sick looking at it, and I just don't get how they think nailing you on errors, even "critical" ones, and making you sign something like a penitent child, is in any way going to improve quality.

In my case, I am sometimes shocked I could make such a stupid mistake, but these happen not all the time, and I just don't get why they think trying to shame us would equal you never make a mistake again?

Our motivation is obviously to make bonus. Who doesn't want to make the bonus? Do they think we're trying to get away with something somehow by making the odd mistake?

I could see if you had outlandishly high line counts, but that is never the case for me, just that I produce well enough, and I make the odd error, like a human will do.

So, even though we get reminders, some of you seem to be getting much more strongly worded ones, and I wonder if the TSM gets rewarded or slapped down if her MTs do not comply?

Fair Labor Standards Act Portal-to-Portal Pay - Amendment

[ In Reply To ..]
Ever heard of this?

"When a work day or other pay period begins and ends is determined by a law called the Portal-to-Portal Pay Act. (29 U.S.C. § 251.) This amendment to the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and several other workplace laws require that an employee must be paid for any time spent that is controlled by and that benefits the employer.

This aspect of wage and hour law has generated a tremendous number of cases in which the courts have attempted to sharpen the definition of payable time.

Work time for which you must be paid includes all the time you must be on duty or at the workplace. However, the courts have ruled that on-the-job time does not include the time employees spend washing themselves or changing clothes before or after work, unless a workplace requires specialized protective gear or other garb that is impractical to don off the premises; nor does it include time spent in a regular commute to the workplace.

In other recent legal challenges, some courts have ruled simply that employees must be paid for prework and postwork activities that are âintegral and indispensableâ to their principal activities, rather than âde minimis.â

Those terms as defined:

Integral and indispensable activities are performed as part of employeesâ regular work in the ordinary course of business, regardless of whether they occur before or after the workday.
De minimis activities are those that take a few seconds or minutes to perform beyond the scheduled workday and that are difficult to account for administratively.

Employers are not allowed to circumvent the Portal-to-Portal Pay Act by simply âallowingâ you to work on what the employer calls your own time. You must be paid for all the time you work, voluntary or not.

Interesting, eh?

I guarantee they'll say it's built into our CPL! - CurioustMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have quoted this law on a couple other jobs (as have I quoted that working over 6 hours you are required to take lunch), but I guarantee they will say that our minimum LPH requirements include this built in.

Basically what it comes down to is that at the end of your shift, if what you made for your total lines divided by the number of hours you worked is higher than minimum wage for where you live, then they can say it's built in! We don't have a base pay over minimum wage. That's it. We are 14-year-olds who make minimum wage, all for the benefit of working from home!

Complete waste of time - fiesa

[ In Reply To ..]
Worst supervisor EVER - very sporadic communication, and when she does communicate she is condescending and just plain mean. I have never felt less valued as a human being. She is either yelling at us to work as scheduled and telling us this is a real job and we should treat it as such - but do as I say not as I do - she will disappear and give no notification when she is out. Then there were no emails, not even telling us to approve timecards - for weeks and weeks and weeks. I actually thought she left. All of a sudden she emerges with regular status emails and now mandatory FIESA crap. I want to ask her how to mark the time in Webclock. She tells us she will be checking daily, but I suspect that will last a week or 2 and then she'll continue doing whatever it is that she actually does.

this sounds like my old one - of 7 in 4 years!!

[ In Reply To ..]
They come, they go, Nazi or nice. Seems like every other one is mean and for them I have learned to be a mouse, quiet, until another nice one comes along in a few months. Then and only then am I able to relax on this job and not dread emails that seem personal in the subject line.

TLs come, go - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I NEVER agree to sign FIESA,don't care if they are nice or not. The only errors I ever get are for the headers anyway, which THEY DO NOT PAY US FOR, and the doctors can't seem to get right to start with. I also let them know I AM NOT SIGNING to an agreement to take away my money for an error that I did not make to start with. I stand my ground on this and they can kiss my _____

I don't check FIESA - 7th child

[ In Reply To ..]
How do some of you get away with not checking it? I am badgered constantly if I don't check it. I feel like she is saying "Hey, have you seen how much you suck lately?" How can they expect perfection from us on a system that is so horrible? The other day, on June 2nd it listed the date as 6:14. Lovely.

Similar Messages:

Think We Should Check Fiesa Regularly
Jun 18, 2014

Got your attention!  I know it is a pain in the rear to check Fiesa, but I was thinking we for the most part just sit back and let these nasty QAs attack us, lose us money in bonuses, make us feel  worthless.   It is like saying to an abuser "it is okay to hit me, go ahead and I will never say a thing."  We need to fight back.  We need to take the bad QAs to task and point out their own mistakes and stir things up for them and let ...

Check The New FIESA Perks
Nov 07, 2014

Check the new FIESA perks. Now when you login, you must respond to alerts. A flashing menu appears before the final logon process. How many other ways can they devise to reduce our self-esteem and self-worth to nothing?   ...

Every Time I Check I FIESA I Get A Little Closer--sm
Mar 09, 2015

To sending in that 2 week notice.  I have only had 3 short reports audited lastweek at less than 100 lines total (last week I had over 300 lines audited).  Two reports were 100%.  The third, I missed a hyphen on the name of a scope and did not correct a was and were so am noat 99.05%.  I keep telling myself I just want to make it to May 21st but I am not sure if I am just lying to myself about that any more.  Do I really want to make it until May 21st?  I am not so ...

Mandatory To Check Fiesa But First I Am Going To A Latin Fiesta
Jun 03, 2014

Then maybe I'll check Nuance Fiesa.    ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...

Take THAT Fiesa!
Apr 27, 2014

Just for "fun," I counted how many times I prevented a critical patient safety error today by catching the speaker saying the wrong age, gender, right vs. left, hyper versus hypo, you get the picture.  I quit counting at 8.  Never in my many years at Nuance have I made 8 CPSEs in 1 day.  So are we getting credit for the good work we do?  Not very likely. ...

Fiesa 98.7%....
Jul 08, 2014

Got a report back below 99%--Actually 98.7% with only 0.25 point reduction...for what?  Not typing DICTATION ENDS HERE on a report that only had part of the first sentence dictated....and I have to sign off that I reviewed this?  The report was sent to NHR for review with a note--INCOMPLETE DICTATION.  Okay, next time I type dictation ends here, but scoring this is ridiculous.  Why is this even an error--should have just been an  FYI--the report was never going to make i ...

Fiesa/QA
Jul 16, 2014

What happens to the QA person when they change a report that was not in a critical error to one that is and it was reversed?  ...

An Example Of How Fiesa Does Not Help
Jul 28, 2014

I was having a good day, until I went into Fiesa...I have decided that one particular dictator--who speaks what he probably considers fluent English (He is American), is going to review for every report because he is the one I get poor scores on... I am constantly guessing if he said "and" or "in" or "on," and I missed a period....he backtracks, leaves words out, stumbles, and CANNOT pronounce even the simpelist of medications...let alone spell them, he spells them wrong too, hard to even under ...

Is There A Way To Opt Out Of FIESA?
Sep 05, 2014

The more they ding me for stupid stuff, the more mistakes I make. I know their goal is to prevent us from getting the quarterly bonus and I've never been able to get it anyway, so why try? I am always above 99%, but just below 99.5%. It is destroying my confidence and my ability to concentrate. Does anyone know if we absolutely have to participate in this facet of Nuance Nonsense? ...

Is This New In Fiesa
Sep 26, 2014

Summary% of Reports Passed95.24% Found this in a box at the top of the page when checking my scores---is this new? I never saw it before.   ...

FIESA?
Nov 13, 2014

How often do you get reports in FIESA?  So far I just had one.  Ambulatory just started FIESA Monday.  I'm just wondering what to expect.  I still am not sure how the whole thing works.  ...

As Regards FIESA - I Just Had A Look In The
Apr 19, 2015

And there is nothing in there as regards FIESA at all. Nada. Zip. Go ahead, do a search. It's not even in there. I have to wonder where it is written that we comply with FIESA and what the consequences are when we don't, except for emails and the shaming of the numbers of those who have not complied. I am really considering ignoring it completely. They never reverse any errors anymore, so why bother to waste the time, especially when it causes such an adverse effect on my mental heal ...

Last Check
Aug 17, 2011

I turned in my 2-week notice and working the last week of the notice.  When can I expect to get my last check as I am waiting on labels from the company to send back computer and cannot get CCM to answer as to if check will be held until computer is returned?  Is there anybody with this experience that can tell me how long to expect to wait for the check and to wait for the labels as I have nowhere else to turn for the answers?  Really need my check, but cannot get anyone to send ...

Hey Check This Out...
Sep 13, 2011

Moderator:  I hope you will leave this on. Look on the Company Board. Scroll down to: Journalist's deadline question on Webmedx and Nuance - sewhidbey A journalist is doing an article on the local hospital's decision to outsource their transcription to Webmedx. The journalist wants info from MT's. Good chance to talk about Q, too! Here's a link to the article: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/business/129555093.html ...

PT Check $100 Less Than FT
Oct 11, 2011

I'm no genuis, but I think I have to make some changes here.  My PT check for 20 hours was around 100 less than my FT 40 hour check.  I like my FT job, good accounts, great supervisors, but the lines just don't accumulate there like anywhere else I have ever worked.   Then I worry, what if the other company runs out of work or loses an account and I get laid off.  There is no security in this business anymore.  I guess, just don't burn your bridges b ...