A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Getting Aggravated With MedTrans Ads - cjr

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

I see their ad all of the time and I always fall for it and apply. But all they are is recruiters selling their "course". Yet their ads state they are 'hiring'. I'm about at the end of my rope. Services need expereinced MTs. Yet, I can't get hired to get the experience. I have networked myself to every doctor office I see locally but no one calls. Or I get 'Oh, we're using EMR and phasing out our transcription department. Aacck...think I made a mistake going to school. Sorry for the vent, I am just so disgusted...

Feel The Same Way - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel exactly the same way as you! All of the companies I have applied to (at least 30) have all turned me down! I called a dozen of OB/GYN offices in the phone book because that is the specialty I did for my internship, and I got quite good at it. They all gave me the same response that you got.

I feel like I made a mistake also. I'd better get a job fast because in March, in addition to the student loans I am paying off now, I will have to pay off more from THIS college! I am getting angry!

Me, too - earlymusicus

[ In Reply To ..]
I just graduated in May from a one-year medical transcription program at a local two-year college. It took me two years to complete the program, due to the way the required courses were scheduled. I have had no luck at all with jobs, and having read the postings by experience MTs over on the Main Board, I've already given up on this field. Something I noticed last week: I picked up the weekly issue of The Employment Guide. This is a nationwide newspaper you often find at the entrances to grocery stores and restaurants. It used to list job openings in the local area but now seems to be mainly a place for career training schools to advertise their programs. What caught my attention is the fact that the schools that a few months ago listed "medical transcription" as one of the training programs they offered, no longer list it. That tells me this field is dead. I've been kicking myself for having wasted my money on what I thought was training for a viable career but isn't. I'm back to applying for general clerical jobs now. I always wondered why, when I asked my transcription instructor about how the jobs seemed to be drying up, she would either duck the question or change the subject. I think they knew that it was no longer a viable career, but didn't say anything to us students. They were looking out for their jobs, I understand, but still... oh, well.

Earlymusicus - Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
The field is not dead at all; it is changing, as is the rest of the world, with the new technologies available to us. MT is not what it was 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. I have mentored many students in the past and the things I think are important are to graduate from a program that uses the SUM program and to ask any program BEFORE enrolling what percentage of their students find jobs. Frankly, I have found many college programs to be inadequate. My preference to hire would be people from Andrews or M-TEC. I have never yet known an Andrews grad who could not get a job right away. That tells me something. And no, I am not and I have never been, affiliated with Andrews or any other MT school. Good luck to you. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Similar Messages:

Aggravated! What To Do!
Dec 16, 2009

I am aggravated and want opinions on what to say about this.  At my company, we have to google information to find doctor names if not spelled.  So, I typed a four-page report and the dictator said to cc to this other doctor and I couldn't find the correct spelling of his name to get his address anywhere.  Why the doctor's can't just SPELL it is beyond me!  So anyway, I blanked it and sent it to QA.  I received it back and it said........."We are QA, we ar ...

Aggravated With Transcend
Dec 13, 2009

Anyone with Transcend out there?  We are constantly out of work on my team and asked to flex our time or check back every 1-2 hours.  I have 9 different log ins and still barely make my PART TIME quota.  I have been very rational about it and tried to not fret but then I find they are advertising on the job site like crazy with BONUSES!!  WHAT?  We are constantly called off or no backlog and yet you hire?  Flippin move me there..I want the job!!  And yes I have ...

I Am Aggravated Beyond Explanation. Got A Major
Feb 20, 2015

on a report that I know I did not make and it knocked me below 99%. Of course, I can't prove it. It is SO irritating. Okay, through with my rant now. ...

Medtrans......anyone?
Oct 14, 2009

does anyone know anything about this company? ...

MedTrans, Inc.
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone knwo anything abotu MedTrans, Inc.? Is it a scam? Will they hire their new graduates? Thx! ...

Is MedTrans Really Hiring?
Feb 05, 2010

I see ads for Medtrans all over the internet for all different cities and you go to their website and it seems they are pushing you to take their course and then they will hire you.  I am just confused because I keep seeing the companies advertise for months, yet they seem to say "no" a lot.  I have 12 yrs experience in acute care, radiology, and clinic, and it's amazing to me how for some reason it seems impossible to pass these tests.  Is it just me?  ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Considering MedTrans For Refresher
Feb 10, 2011

Yes, many may think I am nuts especially after already graduating from an accredited college with a specialized diploma in MT(and paying the student loans for it) but I am at the end of my rope.  Nance at MedTrans told me that they hire their graduates and that if I work for them for 6 months, I get the program fee back. If anyone has any feedback, good or bad, please, I would appreciate it. I am just getting frustrated at all of the "although your credentials are impressive, we desire ...

Coastal MedTrans Response
Aug 01, 2012

Although I didn't reply to her job offer I think it was very nice for her to post and explain why she couldn't respond to everyone.  Sounds like a caring employer. ...

Looking For Good/bad Info On MedTrans Of America.
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

Parkinson's Disease Aggravated By Excessive Haldol S/l Tobacco Haldol Discontinued??
Sep 11, 2010

Thanks...  ...

Medtrans MT School? Anyone Heard Of This? Looking To Start MT School That Is Affordable.
Dec 21, 2011

:) ...