A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone heard of Med Workshops Med Trans School? - Carita

Posted: May 18, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company, Med Workshops' Medical Transcription School?  A friend is interested in getting into transcription and this company promises to train to be an instructor with no prior experience in MT.  Anyone have any experience with them?  Sounds like a great opportunity to train.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carita - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in this business since 1968 (yeah, I know, I'm older than dirt) and I have never once heard of them. How long have they been in business? What kind of background do the instructors have? The key question is whether they use the SUM program or not. If they don't, don't bother with them. I am really sad these days because I am seeing a lot of people (many single mothers, which makes me especially sad) who pay their money to so-called "schools" that promise them everything but the moon and then they graduate and cannot get jobs--or even interviews for jobs; or if they by some stroke of luck do get a job, they cannot keep it because they do not have sufficient skills or a decent knowledge base. Their schools have failed them miserably. I would suggest that you call the HR departments of some of the companies you would like to work for and ask them if they hire grads of this school. Ask the school how long it has been in business and what type of placement it offers its students. Make they be specific. Giving you a list of companies does not count as "placement assistance" in my book, if you ask me! And how on earth can anyone be an instructor with no prior experience in MT. Sorry, but my balony-salami detector is going off. You also want to check this company's record with the Better Business Bureau. And, as much as I generally dislike AHDI, you might give them a call and see what they have to say. Do your homework. Why not rather put your money into one of the proven schools that will give you a fighting chance at getting a job? Remember, you get what you pay for. I heard this morning that there are well over 20 applicants for every MT job opening. Good luck. I hope you find a school that meets your needs. Beware of matchbooks! They will take your money and give you nothing marketable in return.

Similar Messages:

Medtrans MT School? Anyone Heard Of This? Looking To Start MT School That Is Affordable.
Dec 21, 2011

:) ...

Career Step - Has Anyone Heard Of This Online School?
Jun 23, 2010

Has anyone heard of this online school?  They say the are one of the best and have most job placement with the big MT employers.  Can anyone tell me anything about this school.  I know they all say they are the best.  Is there something in particular that I should look for in a school as far as their teaching techniques?  I read something about SUM, is this the best teaching program out there? ...

Med Workshops - Update
Jun 23, 2011

A while back, I posted about my experience with Med Workshops. Initially, they offered to give me my money back since I had such an awful experience with them. After they were notified by the BBB that I had filed a complaint, they refused to refund my tuition. I wanted to give prospective students a heads up about this school. I really wish that I had done more research before giving them my money. Another thing I found interesting was that they told me not to believe anything that I rea ...

Info On Med Workshops Online MT Course
Sep 16, 2010

I am considering becoming a MT and have been researching some online MT courses.  I am considering Career Step & Med Tech but I bump into another MT online school called Med Workshops **** that offers mentoring internship and will only take your enrollment if they have a job that they can offer you after the course.  Sounds too good to be true especially when the course takes anywhere from 6 months to a year.  I have been searching around trying to find any kind ...

Has Anyone Ever Gone Through Allied School For Coding? Other School Recommendations?
Jun 24, 2014

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone through Allied School in California for billing & coding.  If so, how was your experience?  Were you able to find work in coding after finishing the course and getting your certification?  I have been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10-11 years and am now looking at getting into coding.  My best friend and I are going to take a course together.   If you wouldn't recommend Allied as a school, who would you reco ...

E-TRANS PLUS
Jun 06, 2011

I have just spoke with a recruiter from E-TRANS PLUS who made the job sound rather promising.  I've been reading old posts on MT Stars but would like to hear from somebody currently working with this company.  Thanks in advance! ...

MJ Trans
Jun 02, 2012

Anyone have any info on MJ trans co? ...

Med Trans Inc Anything?
Apr 14, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Med Trans Inc? ...

Med Trans
May 06, 2015

has anyone ever applied to MedTrans or work for them? I am beginning to think they scam people and want them to just join their career program.   ...

Any Info On Med Trans Out Of Az...there Are...sm
Nov 08, 2009

Any info on Med Trans out of AZ.  There seems to be several companies with this name or very similar.  Any info would be great! Med Trans, Inc.4025 E Chandler BoulevardSuite 70-A27Phoenix, Arizona 85048 ...

R All Trans Co., Low On Work Right Now
Mar 23, 2010

i work for two companies, one has plenty of work and the other one seems to only have it late at night....which sux cause I am scheduled to work days....just getting aggravating..and wondering if anyone else is going thru this ...

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Anyone Know Anything About GI Systems Trans Co
Jul 27, 2011

Does anyone work/know of this company?  A past coworker is working there and loves it!  She had very little experience at the company where we both worked, and now she tells me she is doing my dream job after only months, she is a part-time QA/part-time MT.  I read they just got a 5 year VA contract for their dict work.  Please, can anyone help.  THANKS@! ...

Anyone Know EMTS Trans?
May 04, 2012

I don't think this is the same company as eMTS.  EMTS Trans is based out of Miami, Florida and they are looking for someone to type rehab reports from written notes.  Has anyone had any experience with them or know anything about them?  I can't seem to find a website on them.  ...

Nuance Met Trans
Nov 19, 2012

QA/QC at Nuance is a joke.  A comma not inserted-points-, a dumb word that even a doctor could care less about-points-, really?  What happened to caring about the quality of the medical field terminology and so on.  I am the MT and I am the proffesional person that is qualified to make the physician sound better than he speaks.  I do NOT need a QA or QT telilng me how to do my job.  And as far as Fiesa goes?  I am not checking it again either.  I have spent all ...

Med Trans Inc Any Info?
Sep 04, 2013

Looking for any info on Med Trans Inc ...

Med Trans Inc. - Another Hoax
Feb 08, 2014

There is a new ad today for "transcribers" on indeed.com they say pays $13-15. per hour, but I think they are just an MT school (scam).  This is from their FAQs:Q. Is the demand for transcriptionists good? A. Demand for this profession far exceeds the supply of quality trained US transcriptionists nationwide! The US Department of Labor has listed this profession as one that is needed and pays ...

Breitner Trans
Apr 21, 2015

Anybody work for Breitner?  What's the real scoop, and cpl, etc. ...

Coding School - Considering Going To A School
Sep 22, 2011

I am an MT who is considering going to school for coding.  I am thinking about taking the course through Andrews and will probably start next year because I will have to save up some of the money.  I am wondering if you think coding may eventually go the way of medical transcription and be outsourced to India.  I do not think it will so I just wanted to get the opinions of other coders.  I realize it will be a hard course but I think it will be worth the effort.  Any thoughts would be appre ...

Does Anyone Have Info On Or Experience With Med Trans Inc?
Oct 14, 2009

Here is the link: http://www.medtransinc.com/employment.asp ...

ANP Trans. There Was A Recent Post About This Co
Oct 23, 2009

I may be blind here and not seeing it, but I am unable to find this post.  Could someone refresh my memory or let me know opinions about this company.  thanks in advance. ...

Is Anyone Familiar With E-Trans? I Was Just Offered A Job With Them.
Mar 19, 2010

Anyone Go From MDI-MD To Trans Tech (Houston)?
May 21, 2010

Would like to hear your experiences.  Would you say Trans Tech is similar to the late MDI-MD (when it was MDI-MD) as far as being responsive to its employees, being left alone to do your job, pleasant QA people, good communication? ...

Does QMT (Quality Med Trans) Pay For Spaces
Apr 22, 2011

dd ...

Any Info On Trans Med In Denver?
Apr 12, 2012

Thanks for any info.  They say I can make $40,000 a year...... ...

TRAINER FOR MEDICAL TRANS CO
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone out there currently work as a trainer for any of the medical transcription companies out there?  ...

Trans Tech Solutions
Dec 13, 2013

Can someone tell me what the daily line count is for Trans Tech.  What speech recognition platform do they use? Are they flexible with shifts? ...

Offshore Trans - Nuance?
May 20, 2014

Is it true that Nuance sends their work offshore?  If so, that tidbit of information may save our jobs.      ...

Need Name Of Reliable Gen. Trans Co. For Extra $$.
Jun 15, 2014

thanks in advance!! ...

Trans Tech Radiology?
Jul 07, 2014

Will someone please share what software is used and what the line rate is for radiology? thank you. ...