A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

5cpl with 2cpl being charged for work being sent to QA - Frustrated

Posted: Jun 01, 2011

I'm a new MT and just got an offer for an IC position. The pay is 5cpl but any work with blanks or if any questions need to be sent to QA, 2cpl will be charged. I'm new, of course I'm going to have questions! Is this what I can expect in the MT world or is this pay rate just ridiculously low? Thanks in advance for any input!

Frustrated - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
This is more than ridiculously low. If they had a gun in their hand they would call it extortion. You could make more at McDonald's flipping burgers. DON'T DO IT!

Old Pro - Frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the reply. I actually laughed out loud when I read the paperwork. I made more babysitting 15 years ago.

OMG, I agree with Old Pro - they are taking advantage of you new guys - trying to get started. its sick. run fast.

[ In Reply To ..]

Would you be willing to name this company - Forewarned

[ In Reply To ..]

Would you be willing to help your fellow Newbies by naming this company?  I think others should be forewarned before anyone else wastes a lot of time testing, interviewing, and reading paperwork.  At least if someone wants to still work for them, they will go in with full disclosure.

Thanks.

Hang in there.  There are good companies that do not take advantage of their MTs out there.  Sometimes it just takes awhile to “be in the right place, at the right time.”  But, in the end, most of the time it is worth it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

I would like to know myself and I'm an Oldie/b/Goodie NM - likefinewine

[ In Reply To ..]
x

TNI Central - Frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't say I'm too surprised.I asked them what their turnover was like and I could not get a straight answere.

The right job will come along!

never heard of them but it is good to know! thank you - and best wishes/good luck to you

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Frustrated - ogd

[ In Reply To ..]
This sounds utterly ridculous to me...

Similar Messages:

Medical INK Corp. Another One At 3.5cpl And 7.5cpl
Mar 17, 2014

Knowing the business for 35 years and still thinking it is okay to pay MTs 7.5 cpl to USE them to teach the VR Dragon for 30 days and then drop you down to 3.5 cpl and double the linecount?  Long term career?  Oh, owner was an MT.  Makes one feel warm and cozy...not. ...

Charge For General Transcription. Have Only Ever Charged For Medical
Jun 30, 2011

Recently contacted by a local church pastor to transcribe some sermons for him to make into a booklet form.  (Maybe 3 to 4 hours worth of work or about 160 minutes).  I have never done or charged for general transcription like that and certainly don't want to over charge a church, yet do not want to do it for free either.  They asked me would I want to be paid the same way the hospital pays me?  What are your suggestions?  Thanks in advance.  Forgive me if I pu ...

Was Just Offered 5cpl @ Sten-Tel
Mar 20, 2013

Since I don't live in India, I told her that is not even a living wage for anyone in the USA and good luck finding anyone.  Jeez...and when it got down to 6 and 7 I thought that was the all time low!  Hope the rest of you will let them know that no one can live on that.  You would think 20+ years should account for something! ...

Globespan In Calif. Wants IC At 5cpl. Who Can Live In Calif On That?
Feb 01, 2013

Oh, they don't outsource!  You also have to have your own computer, foot pedal and Express Scribe program...oh, they will send and receive.  Is prostitution legal in California..don't know all the laws from state-to-state.  Better Google that. ...