A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

lower line counts - anon

Posted: Dec 11, 2013

Last month, I had no problem clearing 1400-1700 lines.  Now, I struggle to even get the 1200 we are required even though I work just as hard if not harder than I did before.  I have continued to eliminate distractions and barely move from my desk, yet my line count seems to continue to drop.  Anyone else having this problem?

their "fixes" have caused a lot more editing... - SOSDD

[ In Reply To ..]
at least on my jobs. I am having to "fix" H ENT, HENT back to HEENT (this just started happening in the last week or so). The program has been inconsistently putting 1 space after periods and colons, arbitrarily expanding acronyms that we have to change back. It has been creating headings where none are indicated. It is inserting text that comes from Lord know where (certainly not the dictator). In their efforts to "fix" their VR program (we all know it is incapable of learning correctly), they have caused us increased work and then blame our inability to meet their guidelines solely on us. This program is getting worse because of their efforts to make it better.

Type - it

[ In Reply To ..]
the constant errors in VR is why I just control A to select all, delete, and just type it out. With the shortcuts I have saved it is so much faster. It's just less frustrating to do it that way for me.

I'm seeing the same mistakes you are... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
as well as headings that are supposed to be red-tagged (subjective, objective, etc.) that no longer are..."THE PATIENT IS" being made into red-tagged heading more often...any time they say the word "emergency department," gets turned into "EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT COURSE," but the worst is when I KNOW I've put a space between words I've typed, I look back and see the space is gone, just run of the mill words stuck together. Very time consuming going through all these edits, and very easy to miss. Thank God for spell check at least, but it still takes a lot more time away from actually producing.

Yup, very discouraging. - CONFUSED

[ In Reply To ..]

Thought it was me - Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry you're having this problem and am glad you posted this because I thought it was just me. At least that is the way they are making me feel. I'm tired of being threatened with my job, been on performance management twice - it's exhausting. This seems like a no-win situation.

It is a mess AGAIN - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
But I think of it as job security. I have a shortcut file that is about 3 miles long. I make shortcuts to fix their common errors. I know kind of sad, but it works

And stop numbering EVERYTHING, please - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
And why can't they manage to capitalize? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
A proper name of an instrument is a proper name, it doesn't change, why do I need shortcuts to make them capitalize when used.
Interesting thought - kcmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I asked my quality coach recently how the ASR "learns." This was her response...As far as I know, SR learns by repetitive corrections for the same term or phrase. This would not have anything to do with the highlighter. I know we all wish SR would learn faster.

As I sat here just now reading this thread, I had to think about the answer she gave me and the problems we are all having. Do you think it's "learning" all of these bad things because the off-shore workers are being told this by whomever is training them?

Things that make you go hmmmmm...
Bottom Line - see msg pls
[ In Reply To ..]
...there are way too many doctors and way too many hands on the system for it to effectively learn. We all do things differently, so we're talking thousands of MTs and thousands of docs. ASR in the real world can work--but you need the same dictator, same corrections...

Anyway, I left his horrid field about 2 years ago. I pop in now and then to see if I made a good decision.
You, friend, hit the nail on the head! - poorhouse-nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
If using ILP work to teach ASR, that is the problem. - pulling out hair
[ In Reply To ..]
I have glanced at other reports while in a document, and whatever the word/phrase/sentence is the problem, MTs here are correcting the output.
Of course thats the reason - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I trained it when it first started over 10 yrs ago.. Had it almost perfect except for those really bad dictators, and even they were minimal correction. You could tell to the day when the overseas people got it, and it has been downhill ever since.

Similar Messages:

Lower Line Counts???
Dec 12, 2014

Since this new "compensation plan", is it just me or has anyone else noticed they are working harder than ever, yet getting less lines? ...

Has Anyone Noticed Lower Line Counts?
Jun 30, 2013

I transitioned over from Meridian last winter and I'm on the same platform I've always been, with the same accounts, and same dictators.  But something is different with the way the lines are being counted.   At first I thought it was just me, but then I noticed it was happening more and more often.  Tonight my first 2 jobs were 12-1/2 minutes and 10-3/4 minutes, and the docs weren't slow by any means.  The dictation went relatively smoothly and there were no ...

New Version = Lower Line Counts?
Jan 13, 2015

Has anyone else noticed that with the newer version, their line counts are shrinking?  It seems to me lately that the reports are getting longer and longer, yet when I check the line count, thinking it's got to be good for that day, it's barely minimum.  It's so discouraging. ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

Why Am I Seeing LOWER Line Rates Than Ever?!
Dec 22, 2012

Browsing through the job listings (again), and noticing 7 cpl for IC!?  WHAT?  Why is this industry allowed to get away with this crap!  I worked for the same company for 17 years before the MQ acquired it.  I ended up quitting in 2004.  At that time, I was making 9.5 cpl and had "topped out" at that rate, not having had a raise in more than a year.  Since then, I have been job-hopping and cannot seem to find contentment with any company.  In my experience, t ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Weird But It Seems I Am Doing The Same Amount Of Work But Lower Line Count
Apr 26, 2013

did they possibly change the character count per line so we make less money? ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Etransplus Line Counts
May 03, 2010

Does anyone who's recently been hired or who have been there a while tell me what the current line counts are for those who want to be full-time employment status at Etransplus?  I work on VA accounts and was told it was 10,0001 per pay period, but I've been told by one of the office staff that it was 12,000.  I've sent email after email to the supervisors with no response.  Does anyone know?  I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right target.  Th ...

What Could Be The Reason For Odd Line Counts?
May 12, 2010

According to the Escript, I'm doing an average of 300 lph on VR but usually at the end of 8 hours, I don't top 1100 liines most days.  On Dictaphone's ExSpeech, i used to consistently do 1800-2400 a day on a combination. I have noticed with EScript that 1 day a week, my lines will hit 1200-1300, and I even hit 1500 one  day, yet the lph were still 300.  It doesn't make sense. No, I do not take breaks.  Half the time I don't stop ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

Line Counts And Templates
Jun 22, 2010

Hi - I have a question regarding counting templates. I have a new doc who wants me to only count what he dictates, and not the templated review of systems, past medical history, social history, etc. which is all unchanged (unless he says to change it). Do you cut and paste your work into a "count" file to get the total, or do you tell the doctor that it has to be included in the count. And what about the times he does make changes to the "templated items". I welcome any suggestions. ...

Regarding Consistency In Line Counts...does Anyone Else Have
Jul 17, 2010

extreme trouble being consistent in their line counts? Some days I struggle to get half my lines and some days I can double them.  Of course there are factors that influence that like lack of work, which account I am on, if I am having technical difficulty or if I am having an off day personally, but when I look at my timesheets, I look like the most random person on earth.  I know many people say they work 7 days a week to get their lines, etc., and I have most certainly been th ...

Highest Line Counts....
Jul 19, 2010

My highest line count in a day is 2012.... I am wondering what everyone else's record is and how long it took them to get it ?????  ...

What Line Counts Standards Are Out There
Jul 29, 2010

I am just curious as to what line count standards are out there. What are your line count requirements for the day and how much do you use your QA for things like missing encounters, unable to ID patients, incorrect work types? Where I work our standards are relatively lower than other places, however, we also are required to match encounters, determine the work type, send an email for each work type or inrcorrect MRN, create a temporary patient if we cannot find the patient anywhere in the s ...

Highest Line Counts
Nov 08, 2010

Please share highest line in 8 hour day with VR, but no normals.  My highest was 2300, but range from 1700 to 2300 usually.  I've been at for about 6 months now and need to know where I should be and where I can potentially be.   Thanks ...

DTS America/TN Line Counts
Nov 15, 2010

Okay, another end of pay period with not enough work to make line count.  This is just not right.  Is there anybody working for DTS right now, working their scheduled shift and making their line count?   What is happening there? ...

Suspicious About Line Counts
Dec 02, 2010

Is anyone else suspicious about how they are calculating our line counts?  I have been siltting here VERY diligently and typing like crazy these last few days and my counts seem to be going DOWN!!!  I can't imagine how this can be happening.  Anyone else notice the same?  Is there some way to keep track?  But then again, that would take time from typing EVERY SECOND of EVERY HOUR like they want us to, now wouldn't it? ...

Line Counts - What Am I Doing Wrong?
Mar 15, 2011

I have been an MT for over 10 years doing hospital work. I have never been able to do much over 200 lines an hour straight typing except for the rare occasions I get several eye surgeries in a row that are canned. Usually I fall below this. My account is not difficult, but I do have a couple of different hospitals and of course many dictators. I have put a lot of their ROS and PE in my shortcuts, but of course they make a lot of changes sometimes. There are those that take forever to spit i ...