A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

last one standing - East MT

Posted: Jan 28, 2014

Would it be better to be an MT or MME?  Which do you think will be the last one standing when it all starts to fall?

somebody's gotta proof the Indians work - I vote MME nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Actually, where I used to work, the Indians were - given the job of QA-ing OUR work. :(

[ In Reply To ..]
Where I work now, they're transitioning to point and click, doctor-interactive VR, most of which will need no proofing. (The docs will do it.) What little VR still needs proofing, is on its way to India already.

Shaw will be - the last one standing

[ In Reply To ..]
and whistling all the way to the bank

Definitely MME - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why keep around those who are willing to do only part of the workload? With an MME, you have a tier 3 MT who also does QA. If you just kept the MTs, then you have to deal with different tiers and they'd have to hire someone to deal with blanks, especially since some clients have all reports with blanks automatically sent to be QA'd.

What I would more expect them to do is try to force everyone to be MME, giving those that don't qualify or won't do it, a chance to quit/be fired. Then they won't have to lay them off.

MME - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it possible now to test for MME?

You need to ask your TSM - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I don't think so - was just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
and looked on the portal and I don't see anything about that anymore.

Maybe so, but we already have way too many MMEs in our BOB. - Never any QA work anymore. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm covered up with it - I vote MME

[ In Reply To ..]
Every morning, dozens of jobs from India.

I vote ASR... - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
MM and the other companies will convince the clients they're getting something more for what they pay and convince them that ASR is better than any MT. They'll tell the client that they'll have a report back within 20 minutes of dictation. The dictation uploads, goes through the SR engine, and is sent back to the client in record time. On the client's end, all they will need to do is some "light editing," check ADT data and such. The client will add importing dictation to a clerk's already too-full job description and there will be no need for MTs or MMEs.

I agree with poorhouse - inthecrapper

[ In Reply To ..]
This argument is moot because in the end they won't need any of us.

True - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
The argument is moot. If mm can get ASR to like 90% accuracy and convince clients that they'll only need to edit 10% of dictation, there'll be no need for MTs, MMEs, or their supervisors. They will need IT techs though to maintain the speech wreck engines.

Last one - Kimi

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a job interview for a central supply job tomorrow. I applied a week ago and the supervisor called today to talk and wants to see me tomorrow at 9. I never thought I'd ever want to get out of this field, but today was a bad one.

I have a job interview - tomorrow

[ In Reply To ..]
for a receptionist position at a nursing home and I really hope I get it. It is only part time, but I will gladly take it and look for another part time job to get out of MT. I cannot take this abuse any longer.

My resume is ready to go and so am I!! Financially raped and stressfully abused no more. nm - broke

[ In Reply To ..]

Last one - Not me

[ In Reply To ..]
It has been falling for a long time now. No one will be left standing. Destroy the foundation and the entire house will collapse.

The CEO, with a big wad of cash in his pocket. - MTs are just "collateral damage" to them.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm/

JP Morgan. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Last MT Standing
Mar 02, 2014

You have no doubt heard of those Last Man Standing groups, where a group of people, such as survivors of a disaster, get together and each make a contribution which then goes to the last living member the group. I propose 4/1/2014 all mmodal US MTs contribute $10- for lottery tickets to go the very last US MT that mmodal has left after all the 99.7% firings. Anybody interested?  Let's not the let the door hit us in the butt on the way out. ...

Standing Desk
Apr 23, 2012

Has anyone tried a stand-up desk or just tried to stand while typing?  With all the stuff in the news lately about how dangerous sitting is, I would like to give it a try.  Just wondering if anyone has been doing it and has any tips.  It seems like it would be a little hard on the legs when trying to stand and use the footpedal. I have seen some new treadmill desks that look awesome, but obviously wouldn't work for us using footpedals. ...

Standing Up While Working
Jul 05, 2013

Anyone out there stand while working? I am thinking about having my husband build a platform/raised desk so I can stand while I work. I'm so tired of my leg and feet falling asleep as soon as I sit down and start using the foot pedal. I'm wondering how hard it is to stand and use the foot pedal.  ...

Standing Desks
Jun 08, 2014

I am just wondering if any MTs out there have tried these standing desks that seem to be so popular.  I get the general idea that sitting all day is bad for you, but I am just not sure this works for our line of work.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

Does Anybody Work Standing Up On The Regular?...
Jul 08, 2013

I've been standing up at my counter, working... I think I'll like it once my feet get used to it.  I was wondering if anyone's tried it and was able to keep it going.  I know it's supposed to be easier on the body than sitting 8-10 hours a day, but it does take some getting used to! ...

Opening MM Email, Standing On Scale = Dread And Apprehension
Feb 15, 2012

and always bad news. ...