A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Last MT Standing - Madam LaFarge

Posted: Mar 02, 2014

You have no doubt heard of those Last Man Standing groups, where a group of people, such as survivors of a disaster, get together and each make a contribution which then goes to the last living member the group.

I propose 4/1/2014 all mmodal US MTs contribute $10- for lottery tickets to go the very last US MT that mmodal has left after all the 99.7% firings.

Anybody interested?  Let's not the let the door hit us in the butt on the way out.

will you take a postdated check - mtbankrupt

[ In Reply To ..]
?? I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment.

I love the idea, but ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The $10 for lottery tickets has to go for Ramen - I'm stocking it up in preparation for being jobless once the new requirement kicks in.

I predict the last MTs standing will be the buy outs - original M*Modal empolyees will be let go

[ In Reply To ..]
They have to try harder to keep the new customers happy, especially after transitioning everything over.

I was a buy-out and still falling victim to the 99.7% - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was with my "original" company for 10 years, and then the takeover by MM in 12/2012... it has been nothing but pay cuts, back stabbing, humiliation, cuts in PTO, demoralizing Emails, hand-slapping audits, refusal to allow days off, mandatory overtime, and whatever else they can get away with... and I was stupid enough to "stick it out" like so many told me to do. Shame on me! Self-esteem??? What is that??? Pride in a good job done??? Where did that go??? Waking up and loving my job??? How about wanting to throw up every morning for fear of the dreaded "you failed your audit" email. I'm a goner and I know it. After failing yet another audit with a 99.5....

Well today.. I take my life back. No more feeling sorry for myself and allowing people to treat me like some worthless piece of meat. I called out sick today for the first time in 12 years!!!!! I have over 40 hours of PTO and I am NOT going to lose it. I will spend my day updating my resume and starting the job search. I will make more money being sick than actually working. My morals as far as this company goes... are out the window! Good luck to you all... I think we are going to need it.
Good luck - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck and I love your new outlook. We unfortunately all have to stick together. I was actually let go from Medquist (back when that was what it was called). No notice just a phone call. Had been with them for over 10 years. Had suffered 2 injuries (both arms broken at separate times) and now have hardware in both arms and was in the process of working to get back to my old LPH. Always maintained my LPH and my accuracy (even when injured) stayed over 99%. Yes I was a little slower as part of the time I was doing VR with one hand - but do they care - no!!! Phone call that they were letting me go. The hurt and pain that I felt was terrible. I swore I would never go back, but due to a divorce that left me my only supporter I am now with Nuance (who in my opinion is better than Medquist- at least they work with you more than Medquist ever did). I have had to take a second job with another company to make ends meet and hopefully will some day be able to relax but that feeling of waking up never knowing when you are going to get an email putting you back on nondsp because you forgot to put in a comma or you left out a word. None of us are perfect. If they expect us to be perfect, then they should also pay us better. They expect us to have the knowledge that people who are trained in the medical field and who are paid as such to have but yet pay us to where none of us (or the majority) cannot get by with just one job. So sad. I went into this so that I would have a profession and would always be able to take care of myself. Oh well. I don't let it bother me like I used to. My second company is great and I manage to always make the audits and they leave me alone to type. The only emails I get from them is needing OT and I am more then willing to help when I can due to this reason.

Similar Messages:

Last One Standing
Jan 28, 2014

Would it be better to be an MT or MME?  Which do you think will be the last one standing when it all starts to fall? ...

Standing Desk
Apr 23, 2012

Has anyone tried a stand-up desk or just tried to stand while typing?  With all the stuff in the news lately about how dangerous sitting is, I would like to give it a try.  Just wondering if anyone has been doing it and has any tips.  It seems like it would be a little hard on the legs when trying to stand and use the footpedal. I have seen some new treadmill desks that look awesome, but obviously wouldn't work for us using footpedals. ...

Standing Up While Working
Jul 05, 2013

Anyone out there stand while working? I am thinking about having my husband build a platform/raised desk so I can stand while I work. I'm so tired of my leg and feet falling asleep as soon as I sit down and start using the foot pedal. I'm wondering how hard it is to stand and use the foot pedal.  ...

Standing Desks
Jun 08, 2014

I am just wondering if any MTs out there have tried these standing desks that seem to be so popular.  I get the general idea that sitting all day is bad for you, but I am just not sure this works for our line of work.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

Does Anybody Work Standing Up On The Regular?...
Jul 08, 2013

I've been standing up at my counter, working... I think I'll like it once my feet get used to it.  I was wondering if anyone's tried it and was able to keep it going.  I know it's supposed to be easier on the body than sitting 8-10 hours a day, but it does take some getting used to! ...

Opening MM Email, Standing On Scale = Dread And Apprehension
Feb 15, 2012

and always bad news. ...