A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

great way to start the week - sarcasm

Posted: Mar 24, 2014

Two emails this morning: one telling me (only after I inquired) that my 88 wasn't good enough for their coding program, the other a "failed" audit of 99+% (again). So apparently after nearly 20 years in this business, I am not smart enough for MT or coding. Good to know. This place is singlehandedly killing my self-esteem.

Failed my audit too 99. something. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
After 15 years, I just want to be fired. Stick a fork in my I am done, you have broke me MModal. Wonder what's going to happen when the quality score goes up even more and the majority of us get fired for failing..Guess the rest of you will have enough work for a change

I got multiple failed audit emails today - what kills me is

[ In Reply To ..]
some were he/she errors and was/were. Oh and I left off an s. GOD FORBID.

Since we are all human and I believe all of us (sm) - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
will fail an audit eventually if we haven't already, do you think they will ever lower that percentage? It is so unrealistic to expect absolute perfection with all the odds against us. They've already killed my self esteem. Sorry you did not make it into the coding program. Maybe it is a sign that you deserve more. I do not think that Mmodal will treat their coders any better than they treat their MTs.

Failed audit - Ran fast

[ In Reply To ..]
I just quit a little over a week ago after failed audits and new what was coming. Just started a new job and today was first day of training. I got an email back telling me my work was excellent. Don't let this company get you down, you know what you are worth and need to go somewhere you are appreciated. You don't have to put up with 99.7% crap. At other companies and they don't pick your work apart for leaving off an s or adding a the. I would start looking now before the __it hits the fan and they are broke, and then everyone will be scrambling for a new job.

Similar Messages:

Great Start To The New Year
Jan 05, 2015

First day with a new company. Full control of my schedule. No weekends or holidays. Great dictators. All straight typing.  ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Just Signed On To A Great Coding School Today - Start On Monday
Mar 28, 2014

I'm one of those that had a high enough test score to get into MModal's program but didn't quite make it.  I had already been looking at one of the Coding schools but wanted to give myself a week or so to think it over and not make a knee jerk move after being passed over by MModal.  Today, I picked up the phone and signed on with the school I've had my eye on and I start on Monday!  I'm actually reeeeally excited - and surprisingly I'm actually feeli ...

Start My New Job Next Week.
Aug 27, 2013

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, well wishes or just encouragement, I got the office position job I applied for, took my drug test yesterday and will be starting training next week.  I am so very excited to FINALLY be getting back out in the work force.  I tried to hang on to being an MT as long as possible, have been job jumping for some time, but thought it would get better.  It never has, for me, and I know it's time to move forward and be able to once again ...

Start Of Another Week In POD
May 12, 2015

Please Lord let me win the lottery so I can tell MM to "take this job and shove it." Got a headache, I'm tired, I ache all over and my eyes won't focus, but I guess I'll have to suffer through, we have high backlogs.... rolling eyes whatever ...

Hired For 2 Jobs To Start This Week, Both Were "postponed" -- Anyone Else?
Dec 13, 2011

Has this happened to anyone else? Both accounts were said to be "new." That's why I made a point to accept both, in case one failed. Both did.  Both were to start this week. Paperwork in, all good...general letters went out in one place about an indefinite postponement, and another indicates approx. 30 days. Makes you wonder if they actually HAD accounts when they hired, or were "hoping for accounts," which didn't come through. We are ridiculously positioned at the ...

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Oh Just Great! NOT No OT Pay For Me.
Mar 03, 2011

I was just informed that, even though I worked OT in my time zone (PST) and before my shift (second shift), their day is in CST, so anything after their midnight (CST) goes to the next day - that days and hours count in CST. Geez, maybe I should be working my shift in CST hours. That could be nice. I would get to start 2 hours earlier and stop at a more decent hour. This stinks like week-old fish, and I'm thinking the Calif EED might look at it a different way! ...

Great Fun Looking For A New FT Job
Oct 30, 2011

because when I find a line rate that is deplorable, I will email them back a scolding message how they should be ashamed of themselves and I would have applied to them but for that. Imagine if we all did that even when not looking for a job. ...

ISN'T V.R. GREAT!!??!!
Sep 01, 2012

I edit radiology V.R. Reports and Had to post this one..This just goes to show you how well V.R. really works. It printed: Patient motion of skiers detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little of L. He said: Patient motion OBSCURES detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little AVAIL. Thank God this doctor knows he needs an editor. Most hospitals are letting the doctors "edit" their own work (which they don't do and just sign the stuff and let it go thru b ...

Great...NJA Now But, Hey!
Apr 17, 2013

cause we are fighting for scraps of work.  I bet whoever's idea that was got a big ol' bonus ...

Great TAT!
May 31, 2013

Wow got an email about how great our TAT is.  Care to wonder why?  I get 1 report, finish that, and then spend the next 5 to 10 minutes pushing that freaking button hoping I get the next job before somebody else does, all the while our TL says how wonderful we all are to keep up that TAT and make her look good.  Yeah she gets the bonus and I go on food stamps, what a wonderful company this is!  ...

Ah, This Would Be Great!
Jul 05, 2013

Just imagine if some of these terrible dictators had to go in and edit to fix their botched up VR reports for a while.  I'm sure it would not take very long before they cleaned up that messy dictation.  :) ...

Another Great Tip
Jul 30, 2013

If you are not sure leave a QA marker....but don't be not sure too many times or we will dock your pay! ...

Thank You OTI -- Really Great To Have NJA At 6 A.m. Nm
Oct 24, 2013

sss ...

Here's A Great Job
Feb 04, 2014

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting, but this is too good to pass up, an Epic abstractor job.  ...

Great Grammar
Nov 14, 2009

It is very interesting to me, now that I have completed the Allied MT course, that grammar was were never taught, besides in high school. The BOS was required, but no emphasis was ever placed on needing excellent grammar skills. I am completely discouraged by the numerous negative and cynical remarks on this site.  MT is a field I choose because I wanted a second career. I am a recent widow, and frankly feel very down because of the many of the comments. Still without a job and very discou ...

A Great Clarification Of Buy-Out
Feb 04, 2010

Please see the following article from - I think - Business Week, regarding the buy-out of Spheris.  I think it should make us all breathe a little easier.  It seems to clarify that there are 2 separate worlds, and that MQ intends to keep its U.S.-based transcription entirely separate from CBay's India-based transcription: Spheris, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Delaware court on Wednesday, already has two buyers lined up for the privately owned company: MedQuist Inc. ...

Why Is It When You Are Having A Great Production Day,
Jun 07, 2010

the work seems to disappear? I was doing over 400 lph and now no work. This happens every time I have great lph. Can companies do a switch-a-rooney, keeping the work away from people or can the platform be 'fixed' that if you hit a certain lph, no work will download to you? I'm really curious about this. I've been watching this happen for a couple months now. ...

This Is Great......I Love It!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2010

So, I got this super long report with HORRIBLE audio.  When I got finished it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese it had so many blanks.  I didn't even CONSIDER sending it to QA as the audio was just terrible and there was NO way I was sending a report that long...and then get paid 3 cents a line because it might put me over 5% QA submission.  So, I just sent it straight through, expecting to get a call from my CCM on why I sent so many blanks, which, of course I was prepared ...

CLK Is Great To Work For As An IC
Oct 31, 2010

I was an IC for her for a short while. She is great to work for but very quality driven, as she should be. The accounts are varied but very interesting. Here's her website: http://www.clktranscription.com/   I took a different medical transcription position and couldn't do both. That being said, contact her if you're looking for something different in ways of transcription subjects. ...

I Have A Great Idea
Aug 19, 2011

Why don't all of us who are tired of everything join forces and form our own company.  We live all over the country, know how to do the work, know how to QA, know different platforms.  Hundreds of us together could market our own vicinity and work together like a coop.  We would all make the big bucks.  It has to work, as we are the people who keep the large companies in business.  Coops work with any other business, why not with this.  What do you think ...

It's Just Great Being Out Of Work By 9:30 Am.!
Sep 09, 2011

thank you to all those MTs who stayed up past midnight and did 90 percent of the work in queue....and it is not even YOUR account!!!  grrr.  ...