A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

firing - me

Posted: Jun 14, 2011

Of all who were fired today from Medquist, are you full time or part time?

I was part-time, 24 hours a week, been here 2-1/2 years NM - AW

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm parttime too but I work just 18 hours a week before they (sm) - me

[ In Reply To ..]
changed parttime to 24 hours. I have'nt gotten the call yet, but its probably coming.

Firing - LittleM

[ In Reply To ..]
I was PT 39 hours. If you aren't making your LPH at Medquist watch out. Even if it's because of an internet connectivity reason, equipment failure, etc., in other words even if it's something you could not have helped or done anything about, they will can you anyway.

firing - mm5

[ In Reply To ..]
Part-time 24hours a week.

Firing - Lefty

[ In Reply To ..]
I was 24 hours/week as well.

Firing? - Lefty

[ In Reply To ..]
Part-time MME

I am not sure if I was or not, have had no contact with my manager, just can't clock in and have no e-mail so I'm suspicious that maybe I was and don't know it.

Similar Messages:

Firing Good MTs
May 07, 2010

Below someone commented that good MTs are let go.  That they see a trend.  That they project this is because the "older" MTs make more. First, "good" MTs are not only or always "old" MTs.  Sometimes quite the opposite. Second, what constitutes a trend? Third, what kind of sense does that make?  If an MTSO is in business to make money, they need to get the lines typed.  More experienced MTs do not, as a general rule, get paid more money than less experienced but equal ...

What Is With All This Firing And Termination This Week...
Nov 04, 2012

People are being terminated without warning at M Modal, according to the board here.  People are being picked on at Nuance even more than usual by QC and supervisors.  These are the 2 biggest employers in the industry.  Why this now?  And most people only make minimum wage.  There can't be such a big economic reason for firing people who are paid so low with this kind of technical skill.  What is going on here... and why... thinking aloud, but ideas would be ap ...

Okay So I Definitely Know Today Is My Day For Breakdown And Ultimate Firing
Apr 06, 2010

This is my end.  I have received back to back ESL horrible doctors that slowing down only obliterate more.   They absolutely know NOTHING in how to pronounce the simplest drug names, and have butchered it beyond control.  All from the same hospital from the south.  Now oncology notes and are whizzing past the difficult chemo meds so fast it is virtually impossible for ANYONE even Indians to decipher this garbage.  This on top of a major error MQ has made concerning ...

RE: DISABILITY AND HIRING/FIRING PRACTICES
Mar 20, 2014

Hi, I was just pondering something: This does not apply to me personally, but I was curious as to whether any company, say MModal, Nuance, etc. have ever laid off any disabled employees, like visually impaired, paraplegic, etc. due to quality of work or whatever. I was curious if they have employees who work for them who are disabled in this way and if they have ever terminated any of them, what kind of legal trouble could they make?   ...

CO Hospital Employees Threatened W/ Firing If They Don't Get Flu Shot
Oct 06, 2012

This makes me REALLY glad I am getting the hell out of health care!   These draconian measures are being implemented across the country.  Most require that ALL employees -- even those who work off-site and have zero patient contact -- receive the toxic injection or they will lose their job.    Check out the comments.  I was VERY heartened to see that the vast majority of them are by posters opposed to the mandate (several very educated MDs and RNs po ...